Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 26th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: SOV/C3V Feedback Thread

You got it.

When we announce boxes, it's normally because it's an opportunity for you guys to get in on a great deal for a bunch of minis. So I don't anticipate stopping that particular practice. There will definitely be a continuing advantage for the early birds.

Also, it's everything I can do in that thread to keep up with all the posts. If people have specific recommendations for alternate minis, please share them there, instead of (wrongly) imagining that I'm going to go farming Troll and Toad and do the research myself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:55 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

One thing I dislike is that when the SoV announces that they’re using a figure, I have no idea wether I’ll want/need it. When they announced they were using the thrune agent, enforcer, and priest of asmodeus I was tempted to buy them thinking they’d be a stand-alone Squad, but now that I know what they are I don’t want them (mainly because I have no demons). Purchasing demons just to buy more units to play said demons would be money spent that I could’ve used on a unit I know I want. Luckily if I ever get demons, these figures will (probably) still be available, but for other figures this isn’t the case. If there were a section talking about what a unit works with and what you’ll need to play that unit that could help people decide wether they want a unit or not, because some of these are limited time offers like that new Cthulhu looking figure. Honestly, it seems like I’m gambling buying units I may or may not want.

Am I alone in thinking this?
Old October 23rd, 2019, 06:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

You’re not alone here, Great Plains Knight. I don’t usually have the money to drop on c3v releases, so I generally only go back for things once they’ve been released. I’ve been fortunate to wait on a few things, but not so on others. It’s a gamble you take, and if you don’t like the units you can always sell/trade the minis later.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 09:25 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsKnight View Post
One thing I dislike is that when the SoV announces that they’re using a figure, I have no idea wether I’ll want/need it.
The SoV never announces figures, we use the figures that come with the submissions. You can always see exactly what unit the figures would come with, but there's no way to know if the designs will pass the review process or not.

You must mean C3V, not SoV.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 02:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
One thing I dislike is that when the SoV announces that they’re using a figure, I have no idea wether I’ll want/need it. When they announced they were using the thrune agent, enforcer, and priest of asmodeus I was tempted to buy them thinking they’d be a stand-alone Squad, but now that I know what they are I don’t want them (mainly because I have no demons). Purchasing demons just to buy more units to play said demons would be money spent that I could’ve used on a unit I know I want. Luckily if I ever get demons, these figures will (probably) still be available, but for other figures this isn’t the case. If there were a section talking about what a unit works with and what you’ll need to play that unit that could help people decide wether they want a unit or not, because some of these are limited time offers like that new Cthulhu looking figure. Honestly, it seems like I’m gambling buying units I may or may not want.

Am I alone in thinking this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You’re not alone here, Great Plains Knight. I don’t usually have the money to drop on c3v releases, so I generally only go back for things once they’ve been released. I’ve been fortunate to wait on a few things, but not so on others. It’s a gamble you take, and if you don’t like the units you can always sell/trade the minis later.
I'm not sure what to do about this. I appreciate the sincerity of the concern. We announce the minis, but you don't know if you'll like the design, or whether it fits into current or new synergy web. That's fair!

On the other hand, if we wait until everything is clear in the design to announce the mini, then it may be too late for people to find them. That is the tension. Do we announce sooner, when the design is less well-formed, or later, when the mini is harder to find?

Your input is welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
One thing I dislike is that when the SoV announces that they’re using a figure, I have no idea wether I’ll want/need it.
The SoV never announces figures, we use the figures that come with the submissions. You can always see exactly what unit the figures would come with, but there's no way to know if the designs will pass the review process or not.

You must mean C3V, not SoV.
I'm sure he does.

= =
Old October 23rd, 2019, 02:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sadly there isn’t much you guys can do about it, DS (and VC as a whole), it’s just something the community has to accept.

Thankfully there’s 3D printing and wonderful members who are capable of keeping HS units around long after the MM shelves have cleared.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 04:35 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

Yeah I meant C3V, sorry for the misunderstanding!
Old October 23rd, 2019, 04:39 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
It's one hundred percent fine! Many of our fans, like you, are not knee-deep into all of the byzantine little things we do. It's perfectly normal - you're the normal one - for not keeping it all straight.

I'm just glad you cared enough to tell us what you were thinking! If you have other questions or concerns, please share.

= =
Old October 23rd, 2019, 04:43 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
It's one hundred percent fine! Many of our fans, like you, are not knee-deep into all of the byzantine little things we do. It's perfectly normal - you're the normal one - for not keeping it all straight.

I'm just glad you cared enough to tell us what you were thinking! If you have other questions or concerns, please share.
Wave 22 Varangian Guard confirmed?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 23rd, 2019, 05:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Heh heh. Reading the swirling tea leaves, LO?

= =
Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:41 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

If the public play test forum was used for earlier designs (maybe with a warning that it is earlier in the process, and might be horribly broken) then the issue of not knowing what the design is going to be would not be as prevalent.
I'd also like to see the designs that are taken out of play testing still referenced somewhere. Either lock the thread with a note that public play testing for that design is no longer being requested, or just a sticky thread with the last version and a note that it is in internal review/playtesting.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It's a public playtesting forum, not a "free previews" forum.

I do like the idea of putting in some collection notes like "solo hero" or "goes with X unreleased figure".

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs