Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 7th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
GenCon 2019 Feedback Thread

I think everything went really well overall. It was great to see old friends and new blood alike. Thoughts on how it went? Feedback for next year?

Note that posting here doesn't mean your idea will be implemented; however, it will be read.
Old August 7th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: GenCon 2019 Feedback Thread

@Tornado let me know the C3G folks had a ton of fun, so thanks for giving them space. I know it isn't always easy to accommodate smaller groups like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would like permission to bring Craig Van Ness with me every year.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 7th, 2019, 10:25 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I would like permission to bring Craig Van Ness with me every year.
Granted.

- Raider30
Old August 8th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Heroes Only - only one uncommon or common hero allowed

Main Event - time limits for Day 1 (1 hr) and Day 2 (1.5 hrs)

Additions - a scenario-based event (I talked with @lonewolf about it)

Keep at least one event with the old meta (higher point limit and 24 hexes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Last edited by EternalThanos86; August 8th, 2019 at 11:44 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:54 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post

Ditto. Scenario event could be treasure quest or king of the hill. l also would like to see event with 24-hex count but maybe heat of battle or slugfest (melee gets +1 attack) to speed games up. Additionally:

Team event: do not allow the same commons on both teammates, and increase game time to 1 hour 10 min (with 5 min between).

Allow one listed event (maybe take-2) to be C3V/SoV allowed
Old August 8th, 2019, 12:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Maps were overall really good. Infected Glade wasn't great for Gencon but it's one of the "best worst" maps we've had.

The weird bonuses for the old guy event were fun. We don't need another 40+ event but we could do an event with weird bonuses again. I realize almost everyone took the d20, but the attack re-roll is also really really good. For the third one, we floated the idea of being able to reveal your X OM in the place of a numbered OM once per round. Could be fun (still feels a little weaker than the others but it's closer than the initiative one was).

For event ideas, I have two suggestions:

- Chaos of Battle. Originally developed by @weebaer , this is a super fun format. It's just heat of battle, except you take turns placing your opponent's figures. (EDIT: no placing in molten lava of course.) This gets rid of a lot of the more obnoxious options in the HoB meta. No more everyone-crammed-in-one-choke-point (or high ground). No more Marcus/10th pods. No more "out-carding" your opponent as a strategy. No more Raelin! Everyone is mixing up OMs and scrambling to get out of the water or other bad spots. Moving your figures is a lot more important and weird options like Granite Guardians do way better than normal.

- Reverse Draft. I could go back to running this in an open play slot, but I think it deserves to be put up as a regular event (even if it's still in that evening time slot). We got 14 players when I ran it in on Thursday night in 2018. You can see details here.

Last edited by dok; August 13th, 2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old August 8th, 2019, 01:42 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This was my first Gencon and it was a blast. Thank you for everyone making Wargameaddict (Derek) and I (Brian) feel like old friends even though we just walked through the door.
I liked the formats for the events I played (4x400, wise-man, main, Heat of the Battle and Assassins). Next year we will stick around for Sunday. I played Silver Surfer in the Flex and thought that he was too overpowered in hind-site (but lots of fun and I didn't win them all). I probably would not play with Marvel again. I like the Heroes only, but I think it had marvel.

I would like to see a CV3/SoV event, and maybe a little more time between events so I can sprint over to the booths. Overall, loved the reverse the whip both days so I had a chance to learn and play armies I did not think of. I like Dok's idea for Chaos above.

I would build 4 small maps for the learn to play with two squads and two heroes for each person (one bonds and one doesn't) . about 250 points. Smaller board makes faster play for them and they can get some more games in. Derek and I can supply some more stuff for new players as well.

Thanks again!
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:21 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

For this "one event with the old meta" how about General Wars?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 9th, 2019, 01:26 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I love love loved cluster draft this year. Please bring it back. I also enjoyed Take 2, but would happily swap it for Reverse Draft. Reverse Draft could be a great RtW alternative for Main Event also.

I liked 6 round main event.

It would be neat to see C3V get a daytime slot like C3G; it's usually hard to get attendance for nighttime events.

I personally don't understand why so many people like the Cheese by Cheese and Cheese Wars formats, but they're popular so I guess they should stick around.

Speedscape sounded like a *ton* of fun.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 9th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Ditto. Scenario event could be treasure quest or king of the hill.
Brad has a scenario event in mind. He's working on it. If there's someone in particular he could be communicating with, please let me know.

I've said privately and publicly that the time is right for a single C3V Event. Just one. I think Take 2 is a good format, because it exposes more of the armies to those who want to get a feel for what it's about. Nothing fancy, just "Take 2, C3V/SoV permitted." Just one event. Doesn't seem like much to ask, when most of the local events across the country already permit it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 9th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Considering the amount of joy I got from the C3G event, it feels almost criminal to not give C3V their due. Good luck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con