Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old June 30th, 2013, 12:09 PM

LoganTO is surprisingly tart
Historyscape Playtesting/Feedback Thread

Welcome to Historyscape
Playtesting and Feeback Page

This thread will be used to both organise play testing with other members as well as to provide feedback. Note: feel free to play test outside of the project, just add a note that you did so in your feedback. All players involved in a game where one of our proposed figures is being playtested should fill out the form below.

After the forms are filled out, please feel free to discuss the matches and suggest improvement on this thread, as some playtesters will not necessarily be in the given unit's sub-project.

ONLY ONE UNIT FROM EACH SUB-PROJECT MAY BE PLAYTESTED AT A TIME.

This is to avoid completely flooding this thread at any given time, which would make it more difficult to actually gather your results and suggestions.

Playtesting Form:
Spoiler Alert!

Currently in Playtesting:
  • Jim Bridger
    Spoiler Alert!
  • Gregori Rasputin
    Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by LoganTO; July 31st, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old June 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Historyscape Playtesting/Feedback Thread

I say that we add this:
Quote:
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
(power):

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow this looks really good. +rep!

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM

I am gonna cross my fingers that +rep is a good thing here :P

Thanks for the compliment. I used a similar format that another custom project used and changed it to be more applicable.

Side note: just added a how-well-researched field
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:29 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

And here it is, our first unit to be playtested.

JIM BRIDGER
Spoiler Alert!

Please send all playtests involving Jim Bridger to me, bobinchese. Let's get this done people!

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...

Last edited by bobinchese; July 14th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM

We've got another unit up! Please send playtest reports to me, LoganTO, and we'll see if we can't refine these guys

In addition, please post ALL playtest reports (for Rasputin and all others) on this thread to allow other members to review gaps and opportunities that arise from these tests

have fun

Historyscape

Spoiler Alert!
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Playtesting for Jim Bridger, Old West Era

Armies played: #1 MRT x5, Jim Bridger, Brave Arrow, and Guilty McCreach 500 Points Versus: #2 Kurrok and all 4 common elementals x2, and Greater Ice Elemental 510 Points

Result: Army #1 wins with 6 MRT and full health Guilty remaining.

Jim Bridger died at the beginning of the second round after taking one turn with an order marker and one turn through bonding, activating Mountain Guide both times to move 3 MRT and Brave Arrow out of the start zone. He pulled his weight by setting up multiple battle Battle cry through getting MRT in position for subsequent rounds.

Bridger gets a pass from me on all theme issues since I was part of the design team and these issues were already discussed there.

Bridger's early death meant that Frontier Mediator had no chance to give Guilty free activations.

In summary, this was a battle that the Mohichans should have won handily without Bridger, and that was the case.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I dunno, Frontier mediator doesn't say if the effect ends when he dies or not. Might want to clarify this *before* continuing testing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:06 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

+1 for Hammerfortress for finishing our first playtest

Remember that more playtests are always better than less, so keep those tests coming

in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I dunno, Frontier mediator doesn't say if the effect ends when he dies or not. Might want to clarify this *before* continuing testing.
I was just about to comment on that. The figures would not lose the bonding if Bridger died same as with Parmenio.

in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
Quote:
I was just about to comment on that. The figures would not lose the bonding if Bridger died same as with Parmenio.
Very well, add that into the Unit's design thread or the line "for the remainder of the game" on its power.

~~flameslayer, who would enjoy playing him correctly.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinchese View Post
Quote:
Very well, add that into the Unit's design thread or the line "for the remainder of the game" on its power.

~~flameslayer, who would enjoy playing him correctly.
Can do. Also for all future playtests we should have the players write PASS or FAIL at the top of the playtest so they can be easily sorted.

in the Immortal Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum