Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 15th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Personally, I'm not a fan of any iteration that involves self-healing. It doesn't feel like it fits and makes the design feel more busy.
I appreciate the feedback, it’s always useful to hear. Even with this version I’ve still been tinkering some adjustments.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 15th, 2020, 03:44 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like the interaction between the powers. Swamp water is often low ground, so this gives him a way to stay on swamp and contend with figures on high(er) ground.
Exactly, Taunt them down into the swamp where they think they have the - height - advantage, just to find out he’s not just all bark and no bite.

Curious also what you think about the reuse of Arrogant as the personality?

Personally I thought it was a natural, really good pairing for his Taunt ability and the pose of the miniature.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 15th, 2020, 03:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Arrogant is nice. Is that just on Iron Man?

EDIT: Marutuk is Arrogant.
Old May 15th, 2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Arrogant is nice. Is that just on Iron Man?
Marutuk and Iron Man...I believe that's it. In fact, thinking about Marutuk's theme and her challenge ability...I think that strengthens the case for this personality to fit Veguzza in tandem with his Taunt ability.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 15th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Curious also what you think about the reuse of Arrogant as the personality?
I think it's a good fit.
Old May 15th, 2020, 06:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Taunt feels more thematically similar to Chain Grab than it should to me. It makes enough sense for him to taunt a figure and then attack them, but I think that it makes even more sense for Taunt to activate after attacking (and is more interesting, too). I know that this makes the ability far weaker, of course, so I'd understand hesitation to change it.

I like Lurk in Swamp, and the combo of these powers is nice and paints a good theme. I'm a little concerned that he might feel underwhelming in practice if you're giving up 70 points for just one more attack of 4 (in most cases, I'd rather take another squad of Ravagers or a heavier hitter), but that would come through in playtesting.
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm a little concerned that he might feel underwhelming in practice if you're giving up 70 points for just one more attack of 4 (in most cases, I'd rather take another squad of Ravagers or a heavier hitter)
Hmmm, you make a good point. What if I dropped his life to 5 and made him 50pts? That might make him a little more "worth it" it I think.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 16th, 2020, 02:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I agree that Taunt makes more sense after attacking. Moving opponent's figures is powerful

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 16th, 2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I agree that Taunt makes more sense after attacking. Moving opponent's figures is powerful
I heavily considered it and even had a version of it...but it just mechanically doesn’t have enough benefits in practice. That and taunting is still just as thematic before attacking.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 16th, 2020, 04:54 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm a little concerned that he might feel underwhelming in practice if you're giving up 70 points for just one more attack of 4 (in most cases, I'd rather take another squad of Ravagers or a heavier hitter)
Hmmm, you make a good point. What if I dropped his life to 5 and made him 50pts? That might make him a little more "worth it" it I think.
50 points definitely feels like a better sweetspot if you can balance the design around that range.

In terms of dials to turn, I'd also consider adding back a D20 roll to Taunt if you aren't moving it to after attacking. Automatic movement of opponent's figures is even more concerning if his points are lower.
Old May 16th, 2020, 07:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Being able to automatically move an opponent's figure and then attack it on the same turn is also pretty good. I don't think I want to see that on such a cheap card

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 16th, 2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Being able to automatically move an opponent's figure and then attack it on the same turn is also pretty good. I don't think I want to see that on such a cheap card
The automatic piece is a pretty good point. But so far in all the testing I’ve done the 2 range on it and the unengaged condition make it 1 pretty hard to pull off and too not Terribly powerfully when the player controlling the tainted figure gets to choose the placement. I’ve only really had him pull it off 2-3 times in games before dying, and even then it was just frontline grunts rather than big baddie heroes. It is distinctly different from other “move figure powers” in practice and slightly in wording. That said, I’ll consider a D20 roll for it, though it’d have to be pretty dang low cause his survivability hasn’t proved it to be a game long power that needs to be accounted for and agin the short range is pretty easy overall to play around if you’re careful.

I understand the concern, but I’m not concerned.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards