Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 20th, 2020, 08:01 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

You can also just start a design thread for 15 points. The public poll is just how you get it for free. But yeah, they'd have to be done one at a time. Makes sense to start with Ace.

I like them, I remember when you posted those. Surprised to see them so strong, but I know there were different versions of the team over the years.
Old April 20th, 2020, 08:27 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Your royal flush power is a little weird as each one has a different callout.
Agreed, but I really like how it works.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old April 20th, 2020, 08:29 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
You can also just start a design thread for 15 points. The public poll is just how you get it for free. But yeah, they'd have to be done one at a time. Makes sense to start with Ace.

I like them, I remember when you posted those. Surprised to see them so strong, but I know there were different versions of the team over the years.
I reread the comics with this gang. They were strong, taking out multiple members of the Justice League. However, if they prove too strong, I have no objections to bring them down.

My current reward points
Old April 20th, 2020, 08:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Royal Flush Gang, as implemented, is very similar to Bonds of Marriage - does the same thing for each person, just different people called out.. I think it'll be slightly harder to remember, but it's pretty obvious how they work.

My only real niggle with it is that you'll probably want all of your OMs on Ten, not King, and that seems sort of backwards - shouldn't the leader get the OMs? I'd probably move things around a bit to reward that a bit more.

And I'd also sort of advise against giving the Explosive Cards power to everyone... not that it's not a fun throughline, but I think giving it to one of them as a gimmick, and then having everyone else have their own might work better.

And I do kind of their their points should come down a bit. Maybe aim for 100 - 125 - 150 - 175 - 200? That might be underselling Ace a tad, but it'd give you a nice round 750. And then we can reuse the card thing as a VDO to fill out the rest.
Old April 21st, 2020, 02:30 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Kind of feel the Royal Flush Gang could come in at 800 or 1000 points and be a nice testing army once they are done. Kind of like the Wrecking Crew or Fan4.
Old April 21st, 2020, 03:17 AM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Royal Flush Gang, as implemented, is very similar to Bonds of Marriage - does the same thing for each person, just different people called out.. I think it'll be slightly harder to remember, but it's pretty obvious how they work.

That's what I was thinking, but if needed, we can create a new power name for each member.

Quote:
My only real niggle with it is that you'll probably want all of your OMs on Ten, not King, and that seems sort of backwards - shouldn't the leader get the OMs? I'd probably move things around a bit to reward that a bit more.

I actually disagree here. I really like the gamble aspect of starting at the bottom and risking a turn with each to go up the chain of command with Ace being the reset button. Risking too much means you don't get a turn with Ace and don't get to reset that X marker

Quote:
And I'd also sort of advise against giving the Explosive Cards power to everyone... not that it's not a fun throughline, but I think giving it to one of them as a gimmick, and then having everyone else have their own might work better.

Maybe. Not strongly opinionated here. I kind of liked them having a power to share, but I could be persuaded.

Quote:
And I do kind of their their points should come down a bit. Maybe aim for 100 - 125 - 150 - 175 - 200? That might be underselling Ace a tad, but it'd give you a nice round 750. And then we can reuse the card thing as a VDO to fill out the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Kind of feel the Royal Flush Gang could come in at 800 or 1000 points and be a nice testing army once they are done. Kind of like the Wrecking Crew or Fan4.
I like 1000 points, but I also don't mind them coming down to 800. I figured that would come out in the playtesting to lock in a value. My evaluation of them could be wildly off anyway.

My current reward points
Old April 21st, 2020, 09:39 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ll agree with Fret here, I think the current Royal Flush is a really cool mechanic.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:12 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi, newb here! Sorry if I'm interrupting (not sure if it's one deal at a time or anything). Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Copy pasted from my personal thread-thingy.
"To everyone at C3G, you do amazing work and I know Spells don't get much attention, but how is this not a spell? Scarlet Witch has Magical Defense and everything!

DECIMATION
Unique Spell

Whatever/A lot of Points

{rough sketch}
Roll the D20 for every Mutant figure in the game. If you roll a 1-18, that figure's army card may not use any special powers for the remainder of the round (just for the round cause I don't think a legit C3G book would let it be overpowered and last the whole game and also in the comics everyone usually comes back from this sorta stuff anyway) If you roll a 19-20 nothing happens.

Something like that/you get the idea.

No more mutants."
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:26 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

No worries! We haven’t had a post in here in a day or two, so definitely a good time. abut the thread can also usually handle discussing two designs at the same time.

Cool idea! A stray idea, just to make it a bit less of a counterdraft (a card that’s really good against one type of design but not very good against others); what if you could choose what species it affects? It does lose a lot of the specific Wanda theme, but would make it easier to use in random games. Idk, I’m not sold on it, just a thought.

Keep your eyes on the playtesting thread for more Scarlet Witch and Spell content, probably coming a lot sooner than you think.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 12:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I almost wonder if the roll is even worth it there if the spell is Unique and only affects them for a round. Just let you hit all figured of a species.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 01:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd go all figures of a species and I'd cut the D20 roll and just make it automatic (unless you roll for figures individually). Way less swingy and easier to cost/draft that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2020, 02:30 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all the input, I don't see any problem expanding to species, since as a spell it wouldn't be Wanda specific anyway. Decimation means one in ten, so I'd like to keep the die roll if possible. I had meant for it to be a roll for each one individually if the wording didn't come across that way (to reflect the fear of everyone running around frantically and seeing who got hit with it).

*edit
DECIMATION
Unique Spell

A healthy amount of Points

{rough sketch}
Choose a non-human species. Roll the d20 separately for each figure of that species. If you roll a 1-18, that figure's army card may not use any special powers for the remainder of the round. If you roll a 19-20, for that figure, nothing happens.

No more mutants. I do love the quote though, it'd go perfect on a card.

If it would make it more worth it, there could be an added bit that changes Attack/Defense/other stats? of affected figures to a value of 2 across the board as well, to reflect on figures where their powers come across more in their base stats, like The Thing for example. Although that wouldn't work for Batman types who have gear or are just extremely skilled.
I'd be fine with losing powers for the whole game, as well, but I just thought that might seem a little extreme.

Last edited by Splash; April 23rd, 2020 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Yodaking's suggestion

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy