Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old March 15th, 2020, 08:30 PM

akern47 is surprisingly tart
My Army for my first Tourney

Hey y'all. Relatively new Scaper, here.

I think I'll be doing my first tournament within a couple months. This is the army I'm thinking of going with. I'd appreciate your thoughts/feedback.

Max points is 490.

Grut Archers X2
Swog Rider X2
Mimring
Krug
Kelda

I love the bonding capabilities, and ideally I'll be able to use Kelda on the 2 heros.
See any weaknesses?

Last edited by akern47; March 15th, 2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old March 15th, 2020, 08:44 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My Army for my first Tourney

Kelda is surprisingly hard to use effectively with a squad order marker based army because any turn you take with Kelda usually leads to 2-3 of your squads being killed when they can't act.

You'd be better off with Raelin since you invest 1 OM in round 1 and then you can put all your OMs on arrow gruts after that.
Old March 15th, 2020, 08:47 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, welcome to the site!

Are maps/glyphs for your tourney known? Start zone/figure limit?

Just going off of your initial army, I say drop Kelda and add 2 more sets of orc archers. 2 sets of archers probably won’t live long enough to bond all game with the rest of the army.

With 4 squads, you should be able to drop OMs on archers the whole game and pick bonding hero that best fits the situation each turn.

More edit: As Heroscaper Guy mentions, you could consider 1:1 archer squad to swog rider ratio. Drop Kelda for 1 squad of archers+1 swog+Isamu.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; March 15th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old March 15th, 2020, 08:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post

Are maps/glyphs for your tourney known?

Just going off of your initial army, I say drop Kelda and add 2 more sets of orc archers. 2 sets of archers probably won’t live long enough to bond all game with the rest of the army.
He probably wants some more swogs too. I think it's recommended like one swog per squad if I remember? But yeah I agree with dropping Kelda.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 15th, 2020, 09:29 PM

akern47 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post

Are maps/glyphs for your tourney known? Start zone/figure limit?

With 4 squads, you should be able to drop OMs on archers the whole game and pick bonding hero that best fits the situation each turn.
Maps and glyphs will be available soon, as I understand it.

Last edited by IAmBatman; April 3rd, 2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old April 5th, 2020, 05:17 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
What the others said- Kelda won't be able to keep up with the army to do her healing thing, and if she is, you'll be giving up a lot of attacks. Go for Raelin (usually one OM in the first round) or more Gruts/Swogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Dysole; April 14th, 2020 at 03:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion