Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Rhino - Design

I'm OK with him charging for an attack of 9 max. Hawkman can get a huge double attack of 8 and we aren't worried about that.
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm OK with him charging for an attack of 9 max. Hawkman can get a huge double attack of 8 and we aren't worried about that.
Yeah, but he's DC so that's okay

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Agreed. It's a situational boost. Plenty of other figures will outshine Superman I's attack of 7 in the right situation. Grundy on height gets 9 dice. No pre-work necessary.

I like the concept of using Rhino's stupidity against him to hurt himself or his teammates.

Quote:
If Rhino fails to inflict a wound on the chosen figure with his normal attack, you must choose one additional figure within two spaces, move Rhino up to one space, and attack that figure, if possible.
In practice what I think this power idea will do is make the player using Rhino (hopefully not stupid) pick and choose figures based on not hitting their own figures or try to line up a second shot at attacking another opponent's figure.

This is from marvel wiki:

Quote:
As the Rhino made his way towards New York City, Spider-Man began to formulate how to defeat this apparently unstoppable foe. His discovered two key factors: once charging, the Rhino cannot change directions or easily halt his advance. Second, Aleksei is rather dumb. Spider-Man deduced that if he could avoid a direct hit from the Rhino's horn, his superior tactical skills and agility would always leave him the final victor in any fair fight.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/universe/Rhino_(Al...#ixzz1bnMHpHyh
Not sure if there's anything helpful here, but this was another similar move/attack mechanic I was playing around with.

Quote:
RHINO CHARGE
If Rhino's entire movement this turn is in a straight line, add 3 to his Move Number. If Rhino attacks a figure that was more than 3 spaces away before moving this turn, add 3 to his Attack Number.
Open to more suggestions, feedback on any and all versions of the Charge mechanic.
Old October 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = Rhino

SECRET IDENTITY = Aleksei Sytsevich

SPECIES = Mutate
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Criminal
PERSONALITY = Relentless

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 280

RHINO CHARGE
Instead of moving normally with Rhino, you may move Rhino in a straight line, adding 3 to his movement if he ends his movement adjacent to an opponent's figure. If Rhino attacks a figure this turn, add 1 to his attack number for each additional space he moved with this special power.

CLUMSY OAF
After taking a turn with Rhino, roll 1 unblockable attack die against Rhino if he attacked this turn but did not inflict 1 or more wounds.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Rhino always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old October 25th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good stuff, but I feel like he should be able to hurt allies with it as well ...

CLUMSY OAF
After taking a turn with Rhino, if he attacked this turn but did not inflict 1 or more wounds, roll 1 unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, Rhino and all friendly figures adjacent to Rhino receive one wound each.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good to me. The good thing about this also is that it will greatly reduce his cost, which is a GREAT thing IMO. He definitely doesn't need to cost more than Spider-Man, or even close to him IMO.
Old October 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Agreed. Between this guy and Electro, Spidey should be poised to use these guys against themselves.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With these edits I could go for that power.

CLUMSY OAF
After taking a turn with Rhino using the Rhino Charge special power, if Rhino did not inflict 1 or more wounds with his attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, Rhino and all friendly figures adjacent to Rhino receive one wound each.

- He shouldn't be hurting himself when making a normal adjacent attack.
- It shouldn't matter if the figures are friendly or not, they should still get hurt

I could see him dropping to like 230-240, which would be fine. The charge power seems depowered quite a bit. I'll give it a spin though.

Last edited by Good Pig; October 25th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

CLUMSY OAF
After taking a turn with Rhino using the Rhino Charge special power, if Rhino did not inflict 1 or more wounds with his attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, Rhino and all friendly figures adjacent to Rhino receive one wound each.

- It shouldn't matter if the figures are friendly or not, they should still get hurt

I could see him dropping to like 230-240, which would be fine. The charge power seems depowered quite a bit. I'll give it a spin though.
I'm glad you chimed in here GP because I got a glimpse of these changes a little bit ago but the internet timed me out at work and I am just now able to stop in for a minute. I really hated the direction Rhino was going to the point that I can honestlly say that I would never draft that version.

There is no way in hell he should be clumsey enough to take a wound from missing a normal adjacent attack vs. a Civilian

I agree with your changes GP

I could see him dropping more than that actually. [redacted] has a normal attack of 5 and can get 2 auto skulls for attacking a figure 4+ spaces away and there are no straight line restrictions and he has a normal move of 7. They both have the same life, attack and defense, though Rhino has Tough. It will be easy for an opponent to engage him first to avoid a charge, to attack with range and height since he isn't as mobile as [redacted] unless in a straight line and sqauddies can swarm him. Moloids and Civilians will really mess him up. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him around 200. [redacted] will likely go up to 190 with adding for [redacted] and Rhino doesn't have that, but does have Tough, so 200 could be a closer mark for him.

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 26th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:

CLUMSY OAF

I'm cool with those changes. Spider-man should still be able to avoid damage from the Clumsy Oaf power since he can move away from Rhino, and Rhino shouldn't get penalized all that much. This version of Clumsy Oaf is possibly more an advantage than a disadvantage as long as Rhino is charging figures that cost more than him, so I don't see his cost going down too much.
Spidey will be able to take advantage of it, though, which is all I was looking for (and makes me happy).

Old October 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Just thinking about the Charge mechanic Griff posted. I think it would be much to difficult to get use out of. Moving in a straight line is hard enough. Not having disengage and then having the figure be 6-8 spaces away in a straight line to get any bonuses is like a once per game opportunity. How do you guys feel about this?

MOVE = 7
ATTACK = 5

RHINO CHARGE
If Rhino's entire movement is in a straight line this turn, you may add 1 die to his attack for each space he moves to a maximum of 3 additional dice.

Here's the Clumsy power with the edits.

CLUMSY OAF
After using the Rhino Charge special power, if Rhino did not inflict 1 or more wounds with his attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, Rhino and all figures adjacent to Rhino receive one wound each.
Old October 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Just thinking about the Charge mechanic Griff posted. I think it would be much to difficult to get use out of. Moving in a straight line is hard enough. Not having disengage and then having the figure be 6-8 spaces away in a straight line to get any bonuses is like a once per game opportunity. How do you guys feel about this?

MOVE = 7
ATTACK = 5

RHINO CHARGE
If Rhino's entire movement is in a straight line this turn, you may add 1 die to his attack for each space he moves to a maximum of 3 additional dice.

Here's the Clumsy power with the edits.

CLUMSY OAF
After using the Rhino Charge special power, if Rhino did not inflict 1 or more wounds with his attack, roll 1 unblockable attack die. If you roll a skull, Rhino and all figures adjacent to Rhino receive one wound each.
I agree GP and I like your change. That 6-8 move in a straight line would be kind of hard to pull off. The opponent can find ways to avoid it with screens, using obstacles for interference or keeping figures close enough to him to keep him from getting the boost for moving spaces 6, 7 and 8.

Even with your change GP, opponents can still try to counter it, but it won't be as easy to eliminate it by the opponent.

And sure he would get an attack of 8 after moving 3 spaces in a straight line. But Hawkgirl gets and attack of 8 for attacking a figure if she moves 3+ spaces or she can get 2 attacks of 6. It's also a lot easier for her since she's got Stealth Flying to take advantage of getting an attack of 8. Rhino certainly wouldn't be overpowered with his Charge unless we also think that Hawkgirl is overpowered with her Swoop.

While Clumsy Oaf can be helpful in damaging other enemies adjacent to the targeted figure, it can also hurt his own figures in that way, but can also be used against him and his teammates if he gets mind controlled and Charges his own group of teammates.

I added something that may or may not go over, but if he is engaged, he can move one space in a straight line to get +1 to his attack. That doesn't seem like a Charge and probably shouldn't get an attack boost for it.

Quote:
RHINO CHARGE
If Rhino's entire movement is in a straight line this turn, you may add 1 die to his attack for each space he moves to a maximum of 3 additional dice. Rhino cannot use this special power against a figure he began his turn adjacent to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library