Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 19th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Echo - Design Phase

What about this:

ECHO
Maya Lopez

Human
Unique Hero
Vigilante
Perceptive

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
POINTS 140 ?

REACTIONARY MIMICKING
When Echo is attacked by a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, ignore any damage and place 1 Mimic marker on this card for each skull rolled. A maximum of 4 Mimic markers can be placed on this card. For each Mimic marker on this card, add 1 to Echo's attack and defense numbers.

This is basically just a different version of Absorbing Man, so the mechanic is similar but not the same. I don't know, what do you guys think.

~ Griff, slinging crap against the wall and seeing what sticks since 1982
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've got no problem with going a different direction with Taskmaster. In fact, if we didn't, it might make both cards a little less exciting.
I could see Phantom Walk and Expert Climber in place of Stealth Leap.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Some suggestions from Deathwalker1970:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970
Hi GO!

As per the terms of my Sanctum access, I´m forbidden from posting in any ongoing design threads, but I had an idea for Echo that might work...

MIMIC

Echo may use any special power on yours, or any opponent´s figures cards, that modify that figure´s normal attack (or normal defense).

This would give her access to any double attacks, aimed attacks, Black Canary´s FISTS OF FURY, Daredevil´s MAN WITHOUT FEAR, Bullseye´s DEADLY AIM, Huntress´s RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT, and so on...

I´m not too sure about defense, but that would give her access to COUNTERSTRIKE, Deathstroke´s CALCULATED DEFENSE and so on...

Cheers,

Jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970
P.S.

Maybe the power should be limited to mimicking figures without SUPERSTRENGHT, to avoid anything weird, like her using CLOBBERING TIME or any other powers that it would seem unthematic for her to use...
Old November 19th, 2010, 07:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... so something like ...

MIMIC
After moving, before attacking, you may choose one figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo for her to Mimic. You may not choose figures with the Super Strength special power for Echo to Mimic. For the rest of her turn and until you choose another figure for Echo to Mimic, when you roll dice for Echo's defense or normal attack, you may use any one power from the chosen figure's card to modify the roll.

It's still rough in some areas, but it's getting closer ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 20th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Did we really restrict DW from commenting in threads? Heck, I don't even remember voting to bring him in, I think Bats just made that happen.

I am not sure I would be against him from commenting in our threads though.
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM

It's not a never ever ever comment thing, I just wanted to make sure he didn't become a distraction in ongoing design threads or anything. I told him the general threads were fine.

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay, I´ll just chime in here...
Maybe forbidden was not the right word to use, but the gist of the PM I got from Bats was that, as Promotions Director, I should stick to posting in the general threads. I assumed you didn´t want me posting in any ongoing designs, to keep the distraction level down, which is totally fine with me. I certainly wouldn´t want to cause too many "Electric Skin" hold-ups...

I just thought I saw a potential for keeping what I saw as the intent of GO´s original suggested power, but without the theme breaks... (and like with Scarlet Witch, I just couldn´t keep my mouth shut...)
In fact, after going through all the C3G cards, it seems that all the powers, more or less, that modify normal attack and defense reflect SKILLS the characters have, and limiting the choice to figures without Super Strength prevents her from using powers like CLOBBERING TIME or KRYPTONIAN DEFENSE.

In the end, if you prefer I don´t comment on any ongoing designs at all, (even in a round-about fashion, like sending GO a PM...) I will respect that, but if you don´t mind the occasional post, I will limit myself to things like this, and keep away from nit-picky stuff like power names or "attack 3 or 4?" details, where I would really just be underlining the old addage of "too many cooks..."
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

An extra set of eyes doesn't hurt DW. Actually, the "Electric Skin" thing was from your ERB response and we've had plenty of things like that happen before. Sometimes we make changes based on ERB responses and sometimes we don't. So your comments in that case were "normal" parts of what often happens with ERB. We want those honest opinions.

I like your suggestion for Echo, it seems to capture the theme but not give her ridiculous superhuman abilities that I for one was against.

I think the only thing that would be an issue, if it would be at all, with you commenting regularly is that I don't know if it would conflict with your ERB duties. Though in a case like Echo, you were obviously able to see something that we were missing and I would hate to miss out on that extra set of eyes for something like that or your experience with comics for theme purposes.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
MIMIC
After moving, before attacking, you may choose one small or medium figure that is within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo for her to Mimic. You may not choose figures with the Super Strength special power for Echo to Mimic. For the rest of her turn and until you choose another figure for Echo to Mimic, when you roll dice normally for Echo's defense or normal attack, you may use any one power from the chosen figure's card to modify the defensive results this turn or to modify her normal attack this turn. If the special power refers to the chosen figure or the chosen figure's card, it refers to Echo or Echo's card instead.
I figured small or medium might be needed to avoid powers like Krug's Wounded Smash or the Iron Golem's Iron Tough as I don't think those are powers that she could Mimick and I'm sure there may be others.

With "normally" and the rest of that sentence, I was trying to help clarify that it's affecting normal combat dice rolls and not getting d20 roll powers.

Added the line from Doom's card about the power referring to Echo instead of the chosen figure.

Some of that might be usable.

Old November 20th, 2010, 08:55 AM

"modify the defensive results this turn or to modify her normal attack this turn."

What exactly does this mean? Can she use Defense Aura, Deadly Strike, Attack the Wild, Double Attack, Sighting (Micro Corp), Shields of Valor, Tough, etc?
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
"modify the defensive results this turn or to modify her normal attack this turn."

What exactly does this mean? Can she use Defense Aura, Deadly Strike, Attack the Wild, Double Attack, Sighting (Micro Corp), Shields of Valor, Tough, etc?

I'm thinking so. However, I would think that for this to be possible, her base stats would have to go much lower, to at least 3/3. However, with that said, I think maybe we can work her similar to Absorbing Man where if she hasn't used Mimic this round, add 1 or 2 to her attack and defense, depending where the base stats are set. I certainly don't think should still get "monster" affects of her Mimic based on her 4/4 attack/defense, but she should be able to be pretty decent without using Mimic as she should have some stored memories of moves she can uses etc.

Old November 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM

I think if you were to go through ALL of the attack and defense modifiers your gonna find that this direction has interpretation issues galore not to mention a power creep fail. Oh, and there is likely to be some major theme fails as well.

I am not sure we are getting closer or further away from an answer here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library