Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Wolverine - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
With the Healing Factor X, you may want to make his Life a 5. Otherwise he may be too tough to destroy.
I'm not sure I agree with you. Wolverine should probably be the hardest figure to kill in the Marvel/DC Universe. And he only has 4 defense. Currently, Darksied will likely take him out in one round.
What I like about him currently is that he seems like he really takes a full round to take out - a full round of concentrating exclusively on him - and if you don't do it in that round, it's going to take another full round to do it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I could see going with a defense reduction for the claws - I could also see making it just the climb power. With either direction, though, I could see his normal attack bumped to 5. But I'm not sure what any of these changes would do to his cost yet.
I don't really like using "Adamantium Claws" to represent his climbing. I'd rather just give him Climb x2.

If we chose to remove defense dice, we wouldn't need to bump his attack up to 5. If the defending figure rolled 2 or 3 less defense dice, you're essentially still giving Wolverine +2 attack.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
With the Healing Factor X, you may want to make his Life a 5. Otherwise he may be too tough to destroy.
I'm not sure I agree with you. Wolverine should probably be the hardest figure to kill in the Marvel/DC Universe. And he only has 4 defense. Currently, Darksied will likely take him out in one round.
What I like about him currently is that he seems like he really takes a full round to take out - a full round of concentrating exclusively on him - and if you don't do it in that round, it's going to take another full round to do it.
That is a very good point. If you just toy with him, you're not going to do any real damage to him.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:45 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I could see going with a defense reduction for the claws - I could also see making it just the climb power. With either direction, though, I could see his normal attack bumped to 5. But I'm not sure what any of these changes would do to his cost yet.
I don't really like using "Adamantium Claws" to represent his climbing. I'd rather just give him Climb x2.

If we chose to remove defense dice, we wouldn't need to bump his attack up to 5. If the defending figure rolled 2 or 3 less defense dice, you're essentially still giving Wolverine +2 attack.
Yeah, but I'd say an auto skull is about as powerful as an extra attack die plus a negative one or two defense dice for the defending figure.
Would we really be losing too much if we just scrapped the whole climb x2 aspect of the Claws power? He'd be less mobile, but so what? He's still really hard to kill ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Yeah, but I'd say an auto skull is about as powerful as an extra attack die plus a negative one or two defense dice for the defending figure.
Would we really be losing too much if we just scrapped the whole climb x2 aspect of the Claws power? He'd be less mobile, but so what? He's still really hard to kill ...
I agree with both points.

5 attack / -1 or -2 defense would work...but I'd prefer 4 attack / -3 defense.

I'm also in favor of dropping Climb.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I would suggest separating the two parts of Adamantium Claws into two separate sentences.
Agreed. They should be two separate sentences at least. Personally, I don't think that Wolverine needs a movement power. I know he has a height of 4, but maybe we can bump that up to 5 since you are using the slightly taller sculpt and Wolverine isn't really portrayed as being as short as he use to be. Then we could drop that climb aspect altogether.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Oh yeah, please post a link in the Life of thread. Thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:24 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

WOLVERINE
JAMES HOWLETT

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
FIGHTER
RELENTLESS
MED 4

LIFE 6
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4
POINTS 280

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Wolverine always adds one skull to his attack.

BERSERKER RAGE 3
After attacking, Wolverine may attack 1 additional time for each wound marker on his card, up to a maximum of 3 total attacks.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with Wolverine, remove 1 Wound Marker from his Army Card. If you reveal the X Order Marker on Wolverine's Army Card at the end of the round, remove 1 Wound Marker from his Army Card.
My first impression was that he is scary good, but his lack of mobility and ranged attack temper his overall effectiveness. I look forward to playtesting him and seeing how he performs.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not understanding how giving a 4-height, 5-move figure climbx2 is really that useful.

I love that he has 4 height though!

Quote:
BERSERKER RAGE 3
When Wolverine attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each wound marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3 total attacks.
I'm pretty sure that's the way extra attacks normally read. Also, does he need the 3 at the end of the power name since it's not a target number?

As written, he'll berserker rage immediately on being wounded and be able to use that power throughout most of his time in the game. Was that the intention? Is that thematic?

Would you want to make it an extra attack for every 2 wound markers and remove the cap?

4-attack + auto-skull is awesome. 4 defense + regen is also awesome. He's simple, slick, and very strong. I like it.

Last edited by Velenne; March 22nd, 2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Edit: oh, I see you nixed it. Nevermind.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM

I like that he starts berserking as soon as he gets wounded - kind of a "that's what you get for messing with me" type of thing.
I think that the "3" should stay at the end of the power to give us future design flexibility for a Berserker Rage 2 power or Berserker Rage 4 or so on.
I think right now the only change I want to see is for the climb x2 part of his Claws power to be scrapped. I think I like everything else as is.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Hey Hahma, shouldn't that read "A C3G Marvel Exclusive" up at the top?
Thanks for the catch Xn F M. I have to pay more attention when cutting and pasting.

Quote:
A few quick notes ... loving what I'm seeing overall.
Make sure to put his real name (James Howlett?) under Wolverine.
I'm not sold on "Warrior" ... it seems like "Fighter" would feel more contemporary, wouldn't it?
Given the figure choice, which I like, the first comic art looks like the best choice here (and I like it too, so that's good).
I love the stats and the powers (especially Berserker Rage 3!) and I think his Healing Power is set up nicely to be extra powerful without being broken. I like that he needs the X-Marker to get full use of it, so you can't double up with that and Psychic Defense in the same round. I'm guessing this guy is tough to kill as it is (I can't wait to playtest him!).
I agree with breaking up the Adamantium Claws power into two sentences.
I don't see any other necessary changes - I really like the direction here and I think that any power tweaks will need to be done in the playtesting phase at this point. Great stuff!
Made the additions and changes.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It takes a concentrated effort to bring him down. Mulitple attacks or a couple big hits can bring him down.

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with both points.

5 attack / -1 or -2 defense would work...but I'd prefer 4 attack / -3 defense.

I'm also in favor of dropping Climb.
I dropped the climbing power, it was just a thematic after thought that I threw in there for the heck of it. No problem losing it as it will help bring him down slightly power-wise with getting height for attacks and defense. I also changed Adamantium Claws to lower the defender's defense by 3. This might drop his cost some more as his chances of whiffing or rolling only 1 skull on only 4 attack dice is much greater. I don't consider 1 auto skull equalling -3 to defense because whiffing comes into play more often than it obviously did when I tested him with the auto skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Personally, I don't think that Wolverine needs a movement power. I know he has a height of 4, but maybe we can bump that up to 5 since you are using the slightly taller sculpt and Wolverine isn't really portrayed as being as short as he use to be. Then we could drop that climb aspect altogether.
I put him up against a stack of hexes and he is pretty small. I'll try it again tonight to double check though. He's 5'3", so that's kind of short. I had kind of thought it would help power him down by being a 4, so it's harder for him to get height for attacking or defending.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; March 22nd, 2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM

Cool stuff - honestly, I think this one is ready for playtesting. If enough other people agree, I think we're ready to propose it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library