Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Heat Wave

The Book of Heat Wave

C3G DC WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League set.
Its model number and name are #006 / Heat Wave.
Character Bio - Mick Rory was obsessed with fire from his childhood. He would stare at flames, and try to hold them. He even set his house on fire and couldn’t take his eyes off the flames long enough to run to a neighbor for help. At school, Heat Wave always wore winter clothes inside. The kids made fun on this. This led to a friend locking him in a walk-in freezer as a joke during a school field trip. Mick escaped, and was compelled to lock his friend in his house, and set it on fire. Mick often cited this freezer incident (leaving his friend’s part out of it) as a trauma that left him with an intense fear of cold.

He ran away from home, eventually joining a circus as a fire-eater. He was happy and thought he had his obsession under control, but it broke loose again, and he burned down the circus. Rory was inspired by the Rogues to channel his obsession into a new identity. He invented a handgun-sized flamethrower and wore an asbestos suit and committed crimes under the identity of Heat Wave. When they met at a bank robbery, Captain Cold invited Heat Wave to join the Rogues.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arch-vile; July 24th, 2022 at 11:35 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Heat Wave - Design

NAME = HEAT WAVE
SECRET IDENTITY = MICK RORY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = DESTRUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110

FLAMETHROWER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2 + Special. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose 3 spaces in a straight line from the targeted figure. All figures on those spaces are also affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack.

FEAR OF COLD
Before Heat Wave moves onto a snow or ice space, you must first roll one defense die. If you roll a shield, Heat Wave's movement immediately ends and he cannot attack this turn.

LAVA RESISTANT
Heat Wave never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Last edited by Zettian Juggernaut; November 15th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like the SA.

I like the dumbed down Heat Resistance. I was about to say "he can't survive molten lava. How about a new type of Heat Resistance". Good call.

I think this power should be cut, as he doesn't have a weakness to cold, and he doesn't require heat to function.
COLD WEAKNESS
If Heat Wave is on an ice or snow space, he rolls 1 fewer defense dice and 1 fewer attack dice.
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

Read his bio that I posted. It's a psychological weakness.

That said, I'm not in love with the power. I'd be willing to drop it if that is the general consensus.
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like he has a FEAR OF COLD which would make a cool power.

FEAR OF COLD
Before Heat Wave can enter a snow or ice space, you must first roll one defense die. If you roll a shield, Heat Wave's movement must end and he cannot attack this turn.
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

I dig it. It's just as niche but more themeatic.
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I like the SA.

I like the dumbed down Heat Resistance. I was about to say "he can't survive molten lava. How about a new type of Heat Resistance". Good call.

I think this power should be cut, as he doesn't have a weakness to cold, and he doesn't require heat to function.
COLD WEAKNESS
If Heat Wave is on an ice or snow space, he rolls 1 fewer defense dice and 1 fewer attack dice.
Quote:
Sounds like he has a FEAR OF COLD which would make a cool power.

FEAR OF COLD
Before Heat Wave can enter a snow or ice space, you must first roll one defense die. If you roll a shield, Heat Wave's movement must end and he cannot attack this turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I dig it. It's just as niche but more thematic.
WOW! Super- I was about to point all this out, but Griff beat me to the punch and came up with a great suggestion to boot!

Literally my only suggestion is this: Should stopping happen on a skull roll instead? I equate Shields with a good result and Skulls with negative. However if it you chose Shields because of the odds, then carry on.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM

I think it will likely make him reroute his movement more on a snow map, which is cool because it still simulates his fear of snow.

I really wish Captain Cold made spaces "HEAVY SNOW" now instead of just giving affected spaces that terrain affect. I wonder if Bats would be on board with adjusting the design so that Molecular Density made affected spaces actual "Heavy Snow".
Old September 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
I really wish Captain Cold made spaces "HEAVY SNOW" now instead of just giving affected spaces that terrain affect. I wonder if Bats would be on board with adjusting the design so that Molecular Density made affected spaces actual "Heavy Snow".
I was thinking the same thing. That would be some cool Anti-Synergy within the Rogues.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I'm not in love with the Cold power either and I like the idea of this guy being a 2 power unit.
For the special attack, what's the theory on requiring LOS? If he blasts four spaces with fire and Invisible Woman is on one of those, she'd be affected even if he didn't have LOS on her (and he wouldn't if she weren't adjacent).

Edit: I'm cool with the new cold power direction. Please post the other suggestion in Cold's thread.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 7th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I'm not in love with the Cold power either and I like the idea of this guy being a 2 power unit.
For the special attack, what's the theory on requiring LOS? If he blasts four spaces with fire and Invisible Woman is on one of those, she'd be affected even if he didn't have LOS on her (and he wouldn't if she weren't adjacent).
I'm up in the air on the cold power.

The theory is he can't spray fire through walls so he should be able to see where he is spraying.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

Poll Time!

A) No cold power

B) Cold Weakness

C) Fear of Cold

I'm happy with any of these choices.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library