Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 12th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Chicagoland Heroscaping 2007-03-11

another great game day for Chicagoland Heroscapers. (Nev, did a funny thing happen on the way to Hoff. Est. ?)

6 different games. (more battle report details will follow as players post comments.)

Shedim Kabal (SK) and Sam arrived first. Guy and SK began on one map (snow/ice map) while Sam and Spencer began on another (rugged terrain map). i reused the 3 maps from our last gathering and tossed in a castle-on-castle map for fun. (i think our next gathering will be all 3 player games, with 1 player in the castle against 2 players as a team outside the castle...)

i again placed 4 glyphs on each map (except the castle map). +1 attack, +1 defense, +2 move and +8 initiative.

-------------------------------------------

Game #1

SK's army (520 points, 7 figures)
Su-Bak-Na (160p)
DW8000 (130p)
Krav Maga Agents (100p)
Me-Burq-Sa (50p)
Raelin (80p)

Guy's army (510 points, 11 figures, winner)
Major Q9 (108p)
Dzu-Teh x2 (150p)
Shades x1 (100p)
Raelin (80p)

it was a close game, far as i could tell. (more details to follow...)

next to arrive was John (brown shirt), a friend of Guy's. he had never played Heroscape before and spent some time watching before trying his first game (Game #5).

Game #2

Sam's army (490 points, 15 figures)
Sgt. Drake Alexander (110p)
Airborne Elite (110p)
Sir Denrick (100p)
Knights of Weston x1 (70p)
4th Mass. x1 (70p)
Eldgrim (30p)

Spencer's army (500 points, 11 figures, winner)
Mimring (150p)
Venoc Warlord (120p)
Armoc Vipers x2 (130p)
Elite Onyx Vipers (100p)

not a close game. Spencer didn't need to use Mimring and only lost 3 Armoc Vipers. (more details to follow...)

while these 2 games were going on, i was busy building a second castle MOP (already had a brand new one built) as i waited for another player to arrive.

next to arrive was jdtenor (JD). he has been to 3 other meet-ups that i have hosted (one at my house in Bartlett, and two at my parent's place in Rockford.)

once SK and Guy were done, JD and SK gave the castle map a try.

Game #3

SK's army (520 points, 16 figures)
Izu Samurai (60p)
Zombies x2 (120p)
Agent Carr (100p)
Snipers x1 (100p)
Imperium x1 (140p)

JD's army (520 points, 10 figures, winner)
Major Q9 (180p)
Saylind (80p)
Krav Maga Agents (100)
Laglor (110p)
Marro Warriors (50p)

after Spencer and Sam were done, Sam and i started up a game.

Game #4

Sam's army (510 points, 14 figures)
Grimnak (120p)
Tornak (100p)
Kelda (80p)
Heavy Gruts x1 (70p)
Me-Burq-Sa (50p)
Swog Rider x2 (50p)
Blade Gruts x1 (40p)

Gary's army (520p, 25 figures, winner)
Gladiatrons x3 (240p)
Blastatrons x3 (180p)
Major X17 (100p)

Sam moved out cautiously first with Grimnak and some Heavy Gruts, then later with Me-Burq-Sa and Tornak. i on the other hand rushed out with Gladiatrons to do 2 things, grab glyphs and plant homing devices. since a lot of her figures were Large or Huge (Grimnak), i wasn't locking down much with G-Tron Cyberclaws.

Her defensive rolling in this game was excellent. she matched my skull counts with an equal number of shields on many many rolls. at one point i lost the attack+1 glyph to her for a while thanks to her Grimnak. but not for very long.

Tornak and Me-Burq-Sa did the most killing of my Trons, but in the end the Trons won out. my damage was 2 dead squads of G-Trons and 1 dead squad of B-Trons. Major X17 remained at full health.

it was a hard fought battle by Sam.

i learned one interesting strategy technique in this game for using the B-Trons. if the board has a Valda glyph (move+2), then grab it if you can. normally, B-Trons have a Range of 7 and Move of 5. if that Move becomes 7 it matches their Range. since B-Trons also work as homing devices for other B-Trons, this works great in keeping them at just the right distance from the enemy (6 or 7 spaces away.) now it can take a "long range" shot one turn, and the next turn jump on the enemy for homing as another B-Tron moves in to take its place and be the shooter. the Valda glyph makes it much easier for B-Trons to be both shooters and homing devices.

i really like 520 point armies for several reasons - one of which is it is just enough to make a decent themed army - and the army i used in this game is a perfect example.

Game #5

John's army (520 points, 6 figures)
Charos (210p)
Krug (120p)
Death Stalkers x1 (100p)
Empress Kiova (90p)

Guy's army (515 points, 9 figures, winner)
Omnicrons x2 (200p)
Nilfheim (185p)
Kelda (80p)
Me-Burq-Sa (50p)

more details to follow...

after the castle game was over, Spencer joined SK and JD for a 3 player free-for-all on the snow/ice map. they chose "no range" armies intentionally.

Game #6

Spencer's army (520 points, 19 figures)
Marro Drones x4 (200p)
Tagawa Samurai (120p)
Kozuke Samurai (100p)
DW7000 (100p)

JD's army (525 points, 18 figures)
MacDirk Warriors x3 (240p)
Alastair MacDirk (110p)
Sir Gilbert (105p)
Knights of Weston x1 (70p)

SK's army (515 points, 14 figures, winner)
Einar Imperium x1 (140p)
Knights of Weston x2 (140p)
Sir Gilbert (105p)
Sir Denrick (100p)
Eldgrim (30p)

this ended up as a very close game between SK and JD with a Sir Gilbert vs. Sir Gilbert duel at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor
It was a NO RANGE free for all. Spencer, SK and myself. I started out by losing Alastair and couple of Knights to Spencer. But manage to send out Sir Gilbert in to the battle while slowly pulling in some useless McDirk Warriors (no Alastair). I got me a Koz Samurai, a Tag Samurai and a big DW7K kill. Then Spence rolled to move 9 Marro Drones, Finished off my Knights, I pulled back Sir Gilbert with 2 wounds to re-group for a final run with the McDirk Warriors! Spence continued attacking SK Knights while I faced some of SK Knights with Sir Denrick. Well my Final run turned out a lot of damage to SK and Spencer. After Spence was out it was Sir Gilbert and 2 McDirk vs. SK Sir Gilbert, 3 Knights and 2 Imperium. It went down the wire my Sir Gilbert with 4 wounds vs. SK Sir Gilbert with no wounds; with some lucky rolls I got his to 5 wounds against mine with 5 wounds also. He won Initiative and rolled 1 Skull and then “I WHIFFED!” What a finish! Great game! What a Classic battle! Also SK 1st win at the location. I guess I broke the curse.

Old March 12th, 2007, 01:59 AM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
John's army Makes NO SENSE:

Charos
Krug
DeathStalkers
Kiova????????

WHy would he take Kiova when she does NOT help anybody in his army
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

it was his first game. i guess someone should have helped him out a bit with his card picks. he read through a few and those were the ones he liked.

with 102 different cards too choose from, it's tough for a newbie to get synergy on their own...
Old March 12th, 2007, 05:14 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
Had a great time today. I arrived at almost 4pm, but managed to get two games in. First one was Gary castle-to-castle MOP. I Slaughter. SK. He misunderstood me when I said I bought 3 pre-made army and 1 have range the other had a few range figures so he faced
my army
Q9
Saylind
Krav
Laglor
Marro Warriors

vs.

SK army
Izu Samurai
2x Zombies
Agent Carr
Snipers
Imperium

Sorry about that. I dare not to call it a WIN, but the second game was the Game. I was a NO RANGE free for all. Spencer, SK and myself. I started out by losing Alistair and couple of Knights to Spencer. But manage to send out Sir Gilbert in to the battle while slowly pulling in some useless McDirk Warriors (no Alistair). I got me a Koz Samurai, a Tag Samurai and a big DW7K kill. Then Spence rolled to move 9 Marro Drones, Finished off my Knights, I pulled back Sir Gilbert with 2 wounds to re-group for a final run with the McDirk Warriors! Spence continued attacking SK. Knights while I faced some of SK Knights with Sir Denrick. Well my Final run turned out a lot of damage to SK and Spencer. After Spence was out it was Sir Gilbert and 2 McDirk vs. SK Sir Gilbert, 3 Knights and 2 Imperium. It went down the wire my Sir Gilbert with 4 wounds vs. SK. Sir Gilbert with no wounds; with some lucky rolls I got his to 5 wounds against mine with 5 wounds also. He won Initiative and rolled 1 Skull and then “I WHIFFED!” What a finish! Great game! What a Classic battle! Also SK 1st win at the location. I guess I broke the curse.
Check out some pictures of the games and the evening. Thank you Gary & Guy! And nice to meet everybody else!

Old March 12th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Spin Master

jdtenor, thanks for the comments and glad you had a good time.

i put in some comments of my own for Game 4.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports