Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 12th, 2011, 05:36 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Avengers Trailer

All I can say is wow!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Avengers Trailer

Looks good enough for me! Hopefully Joss does as well with one of the biggest budgets of the year as he does with little or no budget. (I wonder if Dr. Horrible will make a quick cameo?)

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 12th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like how they still are keeping part of the story "secret" - though they still kinda hint by having Cap and Thor "fighting"

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I think Skrulls are involved and that is why Cap and Thor are fighting. Cap is a Skrull in that shot.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think Skrulls are involved and that is why Cap and Thor are fighting. Cap is a Skrull in that shot.
Well...yeah..wasn't trying to spoil it for anyone who didn't know.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I was just making a guess. Is that the official stance?
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe Loki talked Thor into beating on Cap...Thor will never learn that he shouldn't listen to his half-bro's advice.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Maybe Loki talked Thor into beating on Cap...Thor will never learn that he shouldn't listen to his half-bro's advice.
Yeah, considering the Skrulls have had literally zero set-up in the previous films, I'd have to guess that either Thor is being manipulated in some way...or that the Thor in that scene is Loki.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

All it would take is one brief from Nick Fury to setup the Skrulls. We would know all we needed to know.
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

Well, Loki is obviously making an appearance. It would be great to see Loki manipulating the Skrulls. (Maybe they start as a peaceful race, but Loki corrupts them.)
Old October 18th, 2011, 11:30 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Yeah, considering the Skrulls have had literally zero set-up in the previous films...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
All it would take is one brief from Nick Fury to setup the Skrulls. We would know all we needed to know.
What I'm thinking is, based upon the precedent that Marvel has set in its creator-controlled cinematic continuity (from Iron Man on), I would think we'd have heard mention of the skrulls in one or more of the previous films.

In Iron Man, we had our first hint of ongoing continuity with the mention of the 'Avenger Initiative'. In Incredible Hulk, there wasn't any new info I can recall, but the whole building of a team was reinforced, possibly in relation to the 'Hulk problem'.

Thor and Iron Man 2 were related as one had a momentary set-up for the other, and the Iron Man sequel further backed the building of an Avengers team. Oh and Thor gave us a peek at Hawkeye.

Captain America finished the groundwork for setting up the team, and I think that Loki (obviously) and possibly the Red Skull are primed to be the villian(s) of the film. What do you suppose happened to Schmidt when the Tesseract whisked him away?

Either way, while I think that skrulls would make for one sweet Avengers flick, they won't likely be in this one. Maybe there's some background story in the works?

p.s. While not very original, I would love to see the film end along the lines of the first Ultimate Avengers; have the team pull out all the stops to bring down the villain, then have to fight an out-of-control Hulk while exhausted from the climactic battle!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!

Last edited by nate the dawg; October 18th, 2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old October 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was like no HULK? Then the last 5 seconds answered that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies