Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM

BBT104 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Share your house rules!

My house rules are, we ignore the engagement rules (personal preference) and we do all out warfare, meaning every heroscape figure is used ( its big battle since I have all the master sets and multiple castles and jungles with expansions, your looking at over 100 figures on field) we generally do without the drafts and draft points when selecting cards( we just pass the pile and select 1 card each time we get the pile) and we only do 1 turn order roll at the start, after that we use the initiative glyph for a +8 to special ability related rolls as a way to help roll 20s
Old February 14th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When I used to play with large groups of unmotivated players, I would actually remove the order markers and just play that you can use whatever unit you want. It changed the game a lot, but it was a lot simpler and better for inexperienced players.

I originally didn't use engagement rules, but I learned to like them, since it made the battles much more realistic.
Old February 14th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, we usually play without order markers at my house. My mom is still learning, so it makes it easier for her and makes the games more even.

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Old March 1st, 2014, 09:57 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For the longest time for when I was playing this game, we had the house rule that you couldn't put multiple order markers on the same army card. This was because we were unintentionally playing with another house rule where players took all of their turns before another player went. When you could load up all of your order markers on one guy and then go with them 3 times in a row without your opponent being able to do anything about it, things were grievously unbalanced. I wouldn't recommend either of these.

Also. in the years of butchering the rules, it was very rare that I would have multiple of any given squad (I only had two sets of zombies and the double squads from SotM). Thus, whenever we played, our common squads basically functioned as unique squads for our purposes (we even made a number of mistakes of treating common squads as unique, like negating the Minions of Utgar with Morsbane). Playing this way, squads were good but not necessarily all that great. Even though they could give you multiple attacks per order marker, you would lose efficacy with them as they started taking damage and so drafting them was a bit more of a risk. When I started playing with the official rules, I realized that common squads largely avoid the problem that unique squads have and can maintain efficacy despite significant losses. If I am playing N squads of X figures, I must lost (N-1)*X+1 figures before I lose out in the number of figures activated per order marker.

Since many accuse Heroscape of sometimes devolving into "Squadscape," I wonder if a house rule that upsets that equation. What if, when a common squad figure is destroyed, we have to distribute them as evenly as possible over the cards and can only activate the number of remaining figures on any given card. The squads would then suffer a loss of efficacy far sooner as they lose units and heroes would seem much better in comparison. Naturally something like this will open a whole can of worms of other problems, but I am curious how it would play out.

Last edited by Ixe; March 1st, 2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: missed a word

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions