Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Sure, that sounds great. Not sure by what you mean difficult to get. I can easily get the Famous Aces set just about anywhere for about 30 bucks with shipping and handling. The Deluxe set on the other hand.......

EDIT: Also, it seems the SW game is only 2 players.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Famous Aces set has planes that are strictly cards.

The game works fine -- plays exactly the same as it would with miniatures -- but it's still just cards. Aesthetically, for me at least and those I've played with, it was lacking. Gotta have the toys, I guess (like a said, eerily similar to the Heroscape effect). But you'll be able to tell what the game is like.

Old September 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
The Famous Aces set has planes that are strictly cards.

The game works fine -- plays exactly the same as it would with miniatures -- but it's still just cards. Aesthetically, for me at least and those I've played with, it was lacking. Gotta have the toys, I guess (like a said, eerily similar to the Heroscape effect). But you'll be able to tell what the game is like.
Oh I know, but the miniatures are easy to get too online at least. I fully agree, I'd get the deluxe set if I could...

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, sort of.

The Deluxe version is basically nothing more than Famous Aces with four mini's. The problem is that one of those minis is a Fokker Dr1. Good luck getting that one. And that's a shame because it's nice to pit the Dr1 against the Camel because they match up well in terms of performance. You can get the other mini's, but if they go for about 10-12 dollars each, then you've already spent $60 getting Famous Aces and *three* planes, not four, and that's usually not including shipping.

Just like Heroscape -- didn't see that one coming, did ya? -- you can proxy. Both versions still use maneuver cards regardless, so any mini will do because it's the distance and turn radius on the cards associated with each plane that distinguishes themselves from each other.

I see you're at the tournament this month, so I'll bring it and we can play afterwards if you have the time.

Old September 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Dr Feelgood

I probably won't worry about the Deluxe set, easier to spend about 20-30 for the base and get some mini's as I go along.

Sounds awesome Deroche and thanks!

Old September 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My gaming group have been helping a friend do some playtesting for Fantasy Flight Games over the past couple Mondays. Next Monday should be the last session and then Friday we can get back to some regular gaming.

Other than that, I've just been playtesting C3G Superheroscape stuff over the past few weeks.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Dominion and Summoner Wars tonight.
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:06 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Lots of Quarriors lately (lots by my standards), and really enjoying it. The last couple of nights I have been on the cusp of victory only to have my son and daughter get the needed rolls for their Dragons to blow my game winning monsters away just before being scored.

-insert signature here-
Old September 28th, 2011, 10:20 PM

BOOM! Woo who?

I don't do card games. I play HeroScape, Descent, D&D related items, GoW game, Warhammer, etc.....I'm also an avid mini painter, and much prefer games with unpainted minis, which is what makes Warhammer my favorite. I'll post some pics of my paint jobs sometime.

"BOOOM!"

Now come sit on Santa's lap...
Old September 29th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This question comes up periodically. Here's what I wrote last time. I don't think anything substantial has been added since then to the WWI series besides Flight of the Giants, but a lot of this may now be out of print. Still, the take-home message is this: pay attention to the maneuver decks that come with the plane mins and you may not really need to get one of the boxed sets.
Old September 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Dr Feelgood

Thanks Elstree for the info!

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Hey Boom!, I know this is quite off-topic and random, but did you know the Locust creature in your sig wearing a santa hat is actually not General Raam, but rather a Berzerker?

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games