Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old April 19th, 2008, 08:37 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker
Red face Free Visual Basic 6.0 download?

So does anyone here know where I could download Visual Basic 6.0 off of the internet? I need for my computer programming class at school, where we use 6.0, and I do not have vb at home. Any help would be appreciated.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Free Visual Basic 6.0 download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92 View Post
So does anyone here know where I could download Visual Basic 6.0 off of the internet? I need for my computer programming class at school, where we use 6.0, and I do not have vb at home. Any help would be appreciated.
Visual Basic is a licensed product owned by Microsoft. Any free download would be illegally pirated and a violation of the license agreement you would have to agree to to install it. I would suggest not discussing illegal activity on this (or any other) website.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

Check out the express version that is free and see if it includes what you need. Not sure if it is compatable with 6.0 though but you can give it a try. If they are not compatable at least at home you can try some things and then have to convert them to the 6.0 version. Your friend cut and paste.

http://www.microsoft.com/express/

Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:01 AM

tokomi is surprisingly tart

At the collegiate level you can purchase a student edition of most software at a greatly reduced price. If not, you may be able to arrange time in the schools computer labs. However, I do understand the concept of using your own computer and not have to worry about the support issues.

May you roll what you need, when you need it.
Buy/Trade
Old April 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker
Post Re: Free Visual Basic 6.0 download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92 View Post
Visual Basic is a licensed product owned by Microsoft. Any free download would be illegally pirated and a violation of the license agreement you would have to agree to to install it. I would suggest not discussing illegal activity on this (or any other) website.
I wasn't suggesting piracy. Just wondering if Microsoft was giving out any free copies. But for that matter I can't seem to find a copy, free or otherwise. I guess I'll have to try express.

Old April 24th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Well, VB 6 is not current software, so I'm not suprised you haven't been able to scrounge it up.
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Smile Re: Free Visual Basic 6.0 download?

Well, it turns out my dad has a copy of VB 5 at our own house which he got back in the day. It's basically() the same as 6. So my problem is solved. I guess this thread can be locked/purged/destroyed/flung into the reaches of outer space now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General