Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 5th, 2008, 03:58 AM

BenQ has disabled reputation
Unit Expansion list on BoardGameGeek - BGG

Hey guys, have any of you noticed that on BoardGameGeek (BGG) you can save the games and expansions that you have purchased in your user profile for others to see?

However, the problem is that they haven't listed the HeroScape expansions to the smallest granularity.

The smallest granularity that has been posted to BGG is the Expansion set. - see HeroScape Series

What is listed per BGG page/URL is:
Unit Expansions
HeroScape Expansion Set: Malliddon's Prophecy (Wave 1)
Booster Pack
  • Grut Orcs
    Snipers & Vipers
    The IX Roman Legion
    Heroes of Bleakwood
(1 wave - 4 booster packs listed per BGG page/URL)

For example: HeroScape Expansion Set: Malliddon's Prophecy (Wave 1)

What is missing is the next level of ganularity per page/URL - the Booster pack which is the smallest pack that can be purchased comercially.

Is there any way we can have this updated so that the Booster packs within the Unit Expansions would be listed one per page?

This would mean that on BoardGameGeek we would have a page (single URL) to a Booster Pack. Instead of a page (URL) to a Wave or Unit Expansion.

This would be of great benifit because my brother and his son have HeroScape miniatures but have bought some boosters and not the whole wave. You can actually save what games you have collected on BGG which means you can post what miniatures you already have.

This way one can work out what would be a good present for birthdays and Xmas without having to ask.

Perhaps someone could upload the info to BGG ?? Any takers?
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't mean this sound as harsh as its going to sound, but that's a ridiculous idea. I think the BGG info functions perfectly well as is.
Old January 5th, 2008, 10:14 AM

pehuskey has disabled reputation
I'm for against it
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Interesting idea but I doubt that BGG will let you go to that granularity since they would consider all the packages from a wave as a single expansion. The mods would not allow that type of granularity as it goes against their standards.

Newb.
Old January 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Borrowing Nether's disclaimer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I don't mean this sound as harsh as its going to sound
To further dump on the idea... why even ask the question here? BGG and this site are not officially related in any way. Somebody here could say "Sure, we should do that!", but it won't mean the powers-that-be at BGG will do it.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm against being for it. I mean I voted for it before I was against it. I mean I think the idea has merit and deserves to be studied by a non-partisan committee.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
I'm against being for it. I mean I voted for it before I was against it. I mean I think the idea has merit and deserves to be studied by a non-partisan committee.
I would like to nominate ej for democratic presidential candidate due to his solid stance on issues.

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM

BenQ has disabled reputation
Yeah you guys are right in the sence that I shouldn't have posted it here.

It seems to have put netherspirit's nasal septum out of joint!

BTW - I posted it to both sites simultaneously.
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:44 AM

Sphere knows what's in an order marker Sphere knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Expansion list on BoardGameGeek - BGG

It is possible to add text to your game collection entries on BGG. For example, under Malliddon's Prophecy you could put something like this:

4x Grut Orcs
3x Snipers & Vipers
3x The IX Roman Legion
1x Heroes of Bleakwood

I've personally listed individual cards/units that I'm interested in trading under the entries for Navia Dratp and Firestorm.

That said, I'd be against having individual entries for every small expansion on BGG. HeroScape is really a single game system, and has 23 entries there already, while games like Navia Dratp and HeroClix make do with 1 entry apiece.

If anything, I'd like to see the number of entries on BGG reduced, to make it less confusing for someone who knows nothing about the game and doesn't know where to start.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion