Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 24th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Idaho Tourney - Treasure Valley Grab

It's tournament time again! The Boise area of Heroscapers is growing and that means it's time for a tournament! We're calling all Heroscapers from Idaho and Utah to come and enjoy in the mayhem.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: for those of you Utah folks, I'll be doing a game night "sleep over" the night before on Friday the 16th so that you can make a weekend of the tourney and not do all the driving in one day. For those interested in coming up early, save your spot now cause they'll go quickly. I can house up to 7 guys BUT keep in mind that there is a Queen Air Mattress (for 2), Guest room Queen (for 2), Game room Futon (1), Living room couch (for 1, 2 if you want to sleep on the short couch) and then we have Floor Memory Foam mattress (1). So those would be the sleeping arrangements. If nobody is comfortable with sharing a Queen, then I'll only have room for 5 of you, unless you're willing to take the carpet floor with a pillow and a sleepingbag...which is fine too. We had a blast last time, so let me know who's interested!*

The Format: Treasure Valley Grab
580pt armies; 18 fig limit.
Each player will start with 1 Random Treasure Glyph. The player may place it on a Unique Hero's Army Card before the beginning of the game. Additional "treasure glyphs" (Brandar glyphs) will be placed on each map. These additional "treasure glyphs"(Brandar) can be picked up by any unique hero just like a normal Treasure Glyph, except there will be no Trap roll. Victory conditions will still be determined by eliminating an opponent's army, BUT the player with the most Treasure Glyphs at the end of a game (even those they've used) will receive additional "points" towards their overall ranking score. Those points will determine the winner of the tournaments special prize! So even if you lose every game, you could still be the winner of the special prize!

House Rules Apply:
NOMarvel or HoSS
C3V/SoV Allowed

This is a Swiss System tournament. Partial card scoring will be used. (If you kill 1 figure out of a squad of 3, then you will get partial points for killing that figure).

When:
Saturday August 17th, 2019 @12:00pm
Setup/check-in @11:30am

Where:
ABU Games
7211 W Colonial St, Boise, ID 83709

How Much: $5. All of it will go toward a prize as store credit. There will also be a prize table, so feel free to bring any Heroscape or non-Heroscape prizes for people to enjoy.

Food: Brief 30-45min lunch break. They have snacks on site. Subway, Dairy Queen and Del Taco are all within a 5min drive.
Parking: Parking Lot. Plenty.
Directions: Come through the side door. You'll see the Gym Overflow area we'll be playing in.

Materials: For those who are not Heroscape enthusiasts, or simply do not have a collection of their own contact me via PM and I can bring you an army no problem.

Start signing up and let us know if you have any questions!

Glyph Pool
Power Glyphs
Initiative +8
Move +2
Defense +1
Wannock (Wound Glyph)
Unique Attack +1
Lodin (D20 +1)
Treasure Glyph
All existing Treasure glyphs (no C3V)

Maps
Bring Your Boots

Shadow & Brimstone

Sculpture Garden

Corridor

Morning Skirmish

Keep Low

Attendees
1. Sir Heroscape
2. Lady Heroscape
3. Shane
4. Joanna
5. Ken
6. Mason
7. Tony
8. Will Shannon +1
9. Blindsniper +1
10. Josh
11. Dallin

Maybes
1. Chris

Total = 13

Prize Table
1. Money pot (store credit)
2. Huge Starter Set from Hyground Tiles ~donated by Sir Heroscape
3. Special Prize for the Treasure Grabbing Champion

I think these tags should cover just about everyone...
@BiggaBullfrog @TREX @Tiranx @UtahScott @The B.I.V. @dart48 @wjscaper @TheBlackN @podunksarmy @dreamscaper @Leaf_It @Ninjaman1993 @D4rthCaedus @lotr_fan2 @ortimus @CrashMan00 @HokshilaTo @Vivaldi @Jaromrw
@Starling_ @Hamadraith @El Donas @Herofly (if you happen to be in the area) @jrlightnin @BloodyVikingr @TIMOTHY @DaDude @kmgenius @The Dewk @DewNoHarm @DeathStryker @Sir Torin Brokenshield! @Aethiar @antmarchingroves @Flash_19 @Warband @Uklabokalala @Jazack @TrueMurray @Lt. Col. Melodias Munches @Isak @Ginja Ninja @tanmad21 @dgillis @Saints_Wrath

If I missed anyone on this "invite" list, just let me know!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 10th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
Old July 24th, 2019, 07:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Idaho Tourney - Treasure Valley Grab

I wont be making this one. Its a 4 and 1/2 hour drive from my place. Idaho falls or pocatello wasnt so bad, but thats a bit too much for me. Have fun guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 25th, 2019, 05:56 PM

Isak is surprisingly tart

I would love to go, if I wasn't in Texas I would be there. I hope you all have fun!
Old July 25th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Is there a way to "use" Brandar Treasure Glyphs so that even if you lose all your figures you get points for them? Or would you have to concede while you still have a hero that is carrying them?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 25th, 2019, 06:05 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
I would love to go, if I wasn't in Texas I would be there. I hope you all have fun!
Did you move!? or are you just visiting?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 25th, 2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Is there a way to "use" Brandar Treasure Glyphs so that even if you lose all your figures you get points for them? Or would you have to concede while you still have a hero that is carrying them?
ooo...I see what you mean there. Grrr...let me think about that, because I can see where that basically DOES NOT allow a player who lost to be able to still win on treasure. Initially I'm thinking you'll just get to keep treasure glyphs permanently when you get them...but I'll have to think about that. Any suggestions?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 25th, 2019, 06:33 PM

Isak is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
I moved a little over a month ago, I'll still be visiting Utah occasionally though. I'll make sure to line my visits up with Tournaments.
Old July 25th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I moved a little over a month ago, I'll still be visiting Utah occasionally though. I'll make sure to line my visits up with Tournaments.
Awww, dang. We'll miss you, man! Hopefully you can make it up soon!
Quote:
Quote:
ooo...I see what you mean there. Grrr...let me think about that, because I can see where that basically DOES NOT allow a player who lost to be able to still win on treasure. Initially I'm thinking you'll just get to keep treasure glyphs permanently when you get them...but I'll have to think about that. Any suggestions?
Yeah, just having them go into a pool of treasures that you keep for the game would work and was the first thing I thought of. Though it doesn't allow you to "steal" them from each other by killing and taking glyphs. Maybe you can "activate" the glyphs when you take a turn with a hero that has one. Something like:

"Before moving with a Hero that has at least one Super Awesome Treasure on its Army Card, you may remove one of those treasures from its Army Card and add it to your permanent pool."

That way there's a small window for an opponent to try to get the Treasure (and makes Locksley interesting, though that's just one figures) before it disappears. Maybe? I could see that being a tad complicated, depending on how many newer players there are.

Edit - Also, nice map selection. A lot of those have been on my "need to try" list for a while.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 25th, 2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
That way there's a small window for an opponent to try to get the Treasure (and makes Locksley interesting, though that's just one figures) before it disappears. Maybe? I could see that being a tad complicated, depending on how many newer players there are.
Yeah we'll see. I like that idea, but you're right that too many new players might make that a little over complicated and there are a few. But hopefully we can get a bunch of you guys up too

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old August 9th, 2019, 03:16 PM

DATE CHANGE

The tourney will now be held on Saturday the 24th, same time, same place just the next week. It was changed to accommodate more people's schedules so let's get a good showing!

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events