Old May 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM

mupton0916 Woo who?
Re: The Book of Concan the Kyrie Warrior

We play 500 point games and one of my favorite armies is:

Concan: 80
Atlaga: 90
Sentinels of Jandar: 110
Protectors of Ullar x2: 220

I start the game alternating Concan and the Sentinels so that they're adjacent to him and have 4atk 5def as much as possible. They're role is to kill as much of my opponent's range as possible. After they're gone, hopefully there aren't many figures left that can out-range my protectors.

If someone has an auto-wounding hero (potentially a big problem for this army with so many points tied-up in squads), I'll use Atlaga to try and Witherwood them.
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mupton0916 View Post
We play 500 point games and one of my favorite armies is:

Concan: 80
Atlaga: 90
Sentinels of Jandar: 110
Protectors of Ullar x2: 220

I start the game alternating Concan and the Sentinels so that they're adjacent to him and have 4atk 5def as much as possible. They're role is to kill as much of my opponent's range as possible. After they're gone, hopefully there aren't many figures left that can out-range my protectors.

If someone has an auto-wounding hero (potentially a big problem for this army with so many points tied-up in squads), I'll use Atlaga to try and Witherwood them.
FOR SHAME!
Seriously though, in this army I'd go with three squads of Sentinels or sub out Concan for Raelin and take 3x Protectors.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:58 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Concan the Kyrie Warrior
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:05 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Rÿchean or @MegaSilver Add Sentinels of Grax to C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Old July 5th, 2019, 03:19 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

I have to say it: this is probably one of the worst heroes, if not the worst, in the game. His boost towards knights and sentinels is okay, but even then his stats are quite bad; 80 points aren't much though, so at least it isn't that bad.

I played against him a squad of Kozuke Samurai last night: Concan didn't even have the chance to fight back. He's just so weak and "meh" that I struggle to understand what's the point of drafting him in any army, when there are clearly better heroes out there with better stats+ better synergies.
Old July 5th, 2019, 10:44 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
I have to say it: this is probably one of the worst heroes, if not the worst, in the game. His boost towards knights and sentinels is okay, but even then his stats are quite bad; 80 points aren't much though, so at least it isn't that bad.

I played against him a squad of Kozuke Samurai last night: Concan didn't even have the chance to fight back. He's just so weak and "meh" that I struggle to understand what's the point of drafting him in any army, when there are clearly better heroes out there with better stats+ better synergies.
Clearly you have never had to fight a squad of 4 attack/5 defense sentinels with height

Better pray you got sudema or DeD in your army.
Old July 7th, 2019, 02:04 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Quote:

Clearly you have never had to fight a squad of 4 attack/5 defense sentinels with height

Better pray you got sudema or DeD in your army.
Even if I used Concan with a squad of sentinels and knights, aren't there just better units that offer better synergies? Concan's stats are pretty bad, and so as a fighter he's just not worth drafting.

Raelin (RoTV) can give those units +2 defence, whereas there are a couple of other units in the game who can give attack bonuses. Concan is just not worth the trouble

Last edited by EricTheGreat1999; July 7th, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old July 8th, 2019, 09:46 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Raelin v1 is OP so I just imagine a figure's worth if Raelin did not exist. If that were the case, I think more people would play Concan. at 4/4 with 5 life he actually is better than most bonus heroes who only have 4 life and 3 attack. The major issue is that he must be adjacent to units and he does not bond, so for melee figures he must use a turn marker almost once a round to keep up with units. With Knights of Weston, Finn & Thorgrim bond so are easier to keep together for the bonuses. Phantom Knights, Templar Cavalry, and even C3V units are all too fast that you don't want to slow momentum to wait for Concan to catch up. It would be nice if there were ranged units he could boost and maybe C3V or AotV could make some.
Old July 8th, 2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Raelin v1 is OP so I just imagine a figure's worth if Raelin did not exist. If that were the case, I think more people would play Concan. at 4/4 with 5 life he actually is better than most bonus heroes who only have 4 life and 3 attack. The major issue is that he must be adjacent to units and he does not bond, so for melee figures he must use a turn marker almost once a round to keep up with units. With Knights of Weston, Finn & Thorgrim bond so are easier to keep together for the bonuses. Phantom Knights, Templar Cavalry, and even C3V units are all too fast that you don't want to slow momentum to wait for Concan to catch up. It would be nice if there were ranged units he could boost and maybe C3V or AotV could make some.
Fair, but to clarify I was using Raelin as an example because she's the figure who is most commonly referred to when it comes to units that give defensive bonuses.

Maybe my opinion is biased, because I played him against a squad of Kozuke Samurai and they cut him to shreds easily. He might be better though against smaller/weaker squads
Old July 8th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Fair, but to clarify I was using Raelin as an example because she's the figure who is most commonly referred to when it comes to units that give defensive bonuses.

Maybe my opinion is biased, because I played him against a squad of Kozuke Samurai and they cut him to shreds easily. He might be better though against smaller/weaker squads
RaeRae is just straight overpowered. There isn’t a single cheerleader in the game who’s got more value.

A 4/4 with Flying isn’t all that bad, and he gives out a little extra kick for your knoghts/sentinels to boot.

Kozukes are built to shred heroes, so Concan isn’t gonna do much against them anyway.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 10th, 2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
A 4/4 with Flying isn’t all that bad, and he gives out a little extra kick for your knoghts/sentinels to boot.
You're right, but why waste a synergy bonus on a unit such as Concan when you can spend it on others?
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
You're right, but why waste a synergy bonus on a unit such as Concan when you can spend it on others?
Like who? Besides Raelin, there’s not much that does Concan’s job while having the utility of flying. Atlaga could work, but he’s 90 and can only boost Kyrie. Although, I will admit that move is better for the Sentinels than Concan’s boost, Concan still has better endurance.

I’m not advocating that Concan is good, just that he does serve his niche.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units