Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old January 16th, 2017, 10:48 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Merfolk Roilmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
obfuscatedhippo said:

Quote:
In the base rules, there is an Example of moving into water that clarifies that water is one level lower.

Arena, page 8
Example 7 - Moving from Water to Land
When moving Chandra from the starting water space to a land space, you count two spaces because the water is considered a level lower than the land space.
So water is 1 level lower, meaning Roilmage (and Kiora) negate water's innate -1 for lower elevation and then add an additional +1 defense on top of that. Works for me.
Thanks for clarifying that. I guess I just need to read the rules better.
Old January 16th, 2017, 11:44 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
obfuscatedhippo said:

Quote:
In the base rules, there is an Example of moving into water that clarifies that water is one level lower.

Arena, page 8
When moving Chandra from the starting water space to a land space, you count two spaces because the water is considered a level lower than the land space.
So water is 1 level lower, meaning Roilmage (and Kiora) negate water's innate -1 for lower elevation and then add an additional +1 defense on top of that. Works for me.
Well the worse part is that by being in water, they are giving other figures +1 attack with Height Advantage. The +2 defense helps, but giving your opponent the attack bonus can be tough.

If you are building 'Scape boards, you can build a few water on more than Level 0 to help off-set the norm of "water is lower."
Old January 17th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, it's still +1 net defense. Not a bad thing. I think the designers took that into consideration so designing boards to give them +2 defense would be going around that...but to each his own...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 17th, 2017, 01:19 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:
obfuscatedhippo said:

Quote:

Arena, page 8
Well the worse part is that by being in water, they are giving other figures +1 attack with Height Advantage. The +2 defense helps, but giving your opponent the attack bonus can be tough.

If you are building 'Scape boards, you can build a few water on more than Level 0 to help off-set the norm of "water is lower."
I actually like to do this in building normal Heroscape maps to give incentive to use units like Microcorp, water elementals, drudge, etc.
Old June 10th, 2017, 10:37 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The way Part Waters is written, it seems that it won't give you the option to move through wet figures, even if they're friendly and/or you have Phantom Walk.
Old June 13th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm....never thought about that, but you're right. Maybe they thought it would be too powerful if you could move through the Roilmage. I'm thinking of a 1 hex river, for example.

If you could move directly through Roilmage it would cost you 3 to get to the other side, but with the current wording you'd have to spend 4.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards