Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2015, 03:54 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

I dunno, they look like they're molded from the semi translucent plastic that most of the AotP figures are made from. Its hard to tell though.

What I'm most curious about is the Planeswalkers. I don't recognize any of the minis.
Old September 29th, 2015, 04:00 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I dunno, they look like they're molded from the semi translucent plastic that most of the AotP figures are made from. Its hard to tell though.

What I'm most curious about is the Planeswalkers. I don't recognize any of the minis.
The first difference that I noticed is that it has Ajani & Garruk instead of Gideon & Nissa.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old September 29th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the solid color figures. I'd like the Planeswalkers to have a big painting job upgrade however.

Edit: There is clearly a Jace in the MtG format of using loyalty counters and abilities that modify loyalty counter count

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 29th, 2015, 11:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I remember seeing HS in the prototype for the first one, but they quickly had the new molds.
Old September 29th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I would assume that they simply took some HS figures they had around the office and painted them solid colors for the photo shoot. It would be MUCH quicker than getting new figures molded and assembled in China and then waiting for them to ship over. Changing plastic isn't as easy as it sounds. Even a simple color change can cause the mold to make out of tolerance parts.
This sounds reasonable. Someone in Marketing probably wanted a mock-up image long before the final game pieces were finished.
Old October 4th, 2015, 07:07 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool. Just found out about this game today. Got rid of my scape collection a long time ago and haven't played a game that wasn't a video game in years. Would be cool to jump back in.
Old October 4th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
It boggles the mind how Wizards (Hasbro) can release a new game and not have a place on their website for it. Now that the teaser articles about AotP have all been laid to rest in the Articles Archives section, it's as if they no longer want anyone to know anything about AotP via their main website.

Wizards.com
- Brands
-- Magic: The Gathering (magic.wizards.com)
--- Game Info
---- Products
----- Featured Releases (Magic Origins, Play Magic Now: Magic Duels, Card Set Archive, Play Magic Online)
----- Coming Soon (Card Set Archive)
----- Magic Duels
----- Magic Online
----- Card Set Archive
----- Merch

I guess they're not serious about marketing/promoting AotP.
Hey, a Google search for "arena of the planeswalkers" shows an actual AotP page on Wizards finally.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/arena-planeswalkers
It looks like this page is recent, like only a day or two old. I still don't see how to navigate to it from main magic.wizards.com page.

Good grief. I already see an error where it describes Talent of the Telepath, saying you can use it to re-play one of your own sorcery spells. No you can't. It only let's you re-play an opponent's sorcery spell.
Old October 4th, 2015, 11:44 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Good grief. I already see an error . . .
Typical of Wizards (Hasbro)? ~~~lol~~~

Thanks for staying on top of this issue @GaryLASQ , +1 Rep.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 10th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Has anyone actually played the game yet? I've seen it out in two stores now and am oddly tempted to pick it up. What's the game play like?

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old October 10th, 2015, 12:42 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Has anyone actually played the game yet? I've seen it out in two stores now and am oddly tempted to pick it up. What's the game play like?
Yeah I got it back in August. I've played a lot of games. It's a lot of fun. It's basically Heroscape but you get spell cards. There are a few differences but there are so many more similarities that I'm pretty confident that if you like Heroscape you will like this. The component quality is inferior to Heroscape, but the setup and gameplay is quicker so there's that. If you are also a fan of Magic the Gathering then it's icing on the cake, because I think the game does a good job of representing the colors and rules and such.

Plus the game is so cheap so why not? They will be releasing an expansion in January at least which is needed to help the longevity of the game so you can get a headstart now!
Old October 11th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It's worth a go get.
It's basically Magic the Gathering, but instead of combat phase simply being tap swing, you play Heroscape.

I like it a lot, probably more than Heroscape.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I am bringing it Games n Stuff today Clan, so you can try it out if you want to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion