Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker
Online 'Scape Inaugural Season - Congrats to Kinseth

Hello All!

After doing some research I have found that there has been talk buzzing throughout the history of the site about the possibility of Heroscape online. I have found that Griffin's system of HeroSkype seems to work the best (link below to the thread).

So here it is, Heroscape's Very First ONLINE Tournament!

This will be a 16 person tournament with four rounds of swiss.

Armies will consist of 520 points of Classic, C3V, and SoV pieces. NO MARVEL and NO C3G.

The tournament will use Griffin's HeroSkype rules (link below to the thread).

The tournament will start shortly after 16 people have signed up. Please sign up in this thread, and then send me a PM by the time the tournament starts of the army you will be using. Also, when signing up please add how you are available to play, PM, Skype, phone, AliasQTip's Heroscape Wesbite Chat (link below, thanks Izner!), ect. so I can put it next to your name. This does not mean give me your number or username or anything, that information can stay between you and the opponent for a certain round, just which forms work for you.

Each player will be randomly assigned an opponent and a HeroSkype map to play on. Players will have one week to contact eachother, decide how to play, (skype, IM, phone, ect.) and complete their game. Players will then report back, in this thread, who won and who lost. If games will not be finished by the end of the Round, as a last resort, players if they like may instead of taking the losses, have their game go to points. If using this method fractional scoring will be in place for all units. A squad with 4 units and 100 points with 2 dead will count as 50 points. A hero with 4 lives worth 200 points with 1 wound would be worth 150 points.

Example Post:
Bamoguy vs. Scaper123
Won: Bamoguy
Lost: Scaper123
Game Name: A1B2C3D4E5F6G7H8I9

In the event that players do not complete their game by the end date of that round they will both recieve a loss. If there are specific issues please PM me and we can possibly figure out an alternative, for certain cases only.

Note: You do not necessarily have to have the other person's army, if you have pieces that you and your opponent agree will work as proxies that is fine. Also, for maps, if you for example don't have VW you could proxy other pieces not being used in that map as lava and just make that clear to your opponent. I don't want to discourage players just because they don't have the pieces.

Also, if you are under 18 PLEASE check with your parents before giving out information for this tournament.

Summary:
520 points
16 players
4 round swiss
Players have one week to complete game

And finally, a big thanks to Griffin for putting his HeroSkype system out there!

Griffin's HeroSkype System

AliasQTip's Heroscape Chat Site

Filthy The Clown's Fantastic HeroSkype Application!!! - When using this for your games make sure you use your Username as well as take note of the name of the game (it is the string of numbers and letters) to post in your post on the record. Thanks Filthy!!

Very Important Tournament Timeline - Please Make Note of Dates

Player Armies

Maps And Glyphs For Each Game

Bracket For Games - Thanks Benji!

Players
1. Bengi Skype
2. Charr21 Skype
3. Megapower999 PM, Email, and Maybe Others
4. Garenex Skype
5. Lefton4ya Skype, Text, IM, and PM
6. Fi Skirata PM and Skype
7. Izner Skype, PM, and Phone
8. The CEE PM, Alias's Chat Site, and Email
9. Robber PM and Skype
10. Sixthflagbearer PM and Email
11. Filthy The Clown Skype, E-mail, IM, PM, and cans-with-strings (Thanks Filthy for the humour, always appreciated )
12. Dok Skype, PM, Email
13. Kinseth MSN, Skype, Email, and PM
14. Son of Arathorn PM, IM/Skype, and Email
15. AwesomeJ-AD2011 PM, Email, IM, and Skype
16. Ninja Status PM and Email

Maps To Be Used:
Badru Valley By GameBear (Glyph: Astrid)
Sidewinder By GameBear (Heavy Snow and Normal Ice)
Stygian Rift By Typhon2222
Fulcrum by Dignan
Concrete Jungle by Dok

Grids For HeroSkype Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs (these are the glyphs to be randomly selected for each map except Badru Valley, where Astrid is in place)
Lodin
Wannok
Valda
Dagmar
Kelda

Heroscapers.com Predictions

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube

Last edited by Kinseth; November 13th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape's Very First ONLINE Tournament!

Sign me up for the tourney, if it's okay that I have to fight via PM only.
Old November 27th, 2011, 07:46 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Sign me up for the tourney, if it's okay that I have to fight via PM only.
Awesome! And no worries, it is up to you and your opponent to figure out how you want to play, so do whatever works for you/you feel comfortable with.

Old November 27th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Charr21 Woo who?

I'm in.

The best thing to say when your best unit has been destroyed:

What is this?
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charr21 View Post
I'm in.
Added!

Old November 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Great idea!

Thinking of maps.... My Stygian Rift has already been converted into HeroSkype format (and posted in Griffin's thread detailing online play). It's been well received and is currently being reviewed by the BoV, so should prove a good tourney map. I'll spend a few hours later tonight producing HeroSkype versions of some of my other maps (Caldera and Avernus), in case you folks need/would like more.
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Great idea!

My Stygian Rift has already been converted into HeroSkype format (and posted in Griffin's thread detailing online play). It's been well received and is currently being reviewed by the BoV, so should prove a good tourney map. I'll spend a few hours later tonight producing HeroSkype versions of some of my other maps (Caldera and Avernus), in case you folks need/would like more.
Thanks! The reason I hadn't added Stygian Rift was because it wasn't a BoV map and didn't have the time yet to look into the map, but i'll take your word for it and add it to the maps! I'm hoping to have 4 maps (seems a good amount for 16 people), but 3 works just as well.

Old November 27th, 2011, 09:55 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Could you also list by the people's names what they have avialble to play Heroscape online? Thanks!
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Could you also list by the people's names what they have avialble to play Heroscape online? Thanks!
So, add their preference? Skype, phone, ect.?

Old November 27th, 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
Quote:
Exactly. That way we have have an idea in advance.

Mine is PM only.
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamoguy View Post
Quote:
Exactly. That way we have have an idea in advance.

Mine is PM only.
Okay! I'll add it to the first post and ask others in the future to mention that when they sign up.
Also, I don't care how you guys do your game, but will PM be fast enough? If it is the only way you can and you think it will work that's fine, but I am just unsure how well it will work.

Charr21, what is your preference so I can add it?

Old November 27th, 2011, 10:10 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can always just go to scoring if you run out of time.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events