Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 17th, 2021, 08:52 PM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Beetle- Initial Playtesting

Thank you!
Old November 20th, 2021, 02:51 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Still excited to see Beetle, lemme know if you want help on the initial @Ronin !
Old November 21st, 2021, 08:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Thanks Splash, I might take you up on that!

Wanted to hit him earlier today, but I've been a little headache-y, so haven't gotten to him yet. Will get him tomorrow though, or tonight if I bounce back.
Old November 23rd, 2021, 12:39 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Two games in on the initial, will wrap up tomorrow. Mostly liking how he plays - might suggest cutting the 'range subtraction based on wounds' effect, I think he has enough stuff going on without that, and it feels weird when he can still use the SA at R5 but his normal range is cut.
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:59 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Beetle
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Beetle @170, Doc Ock (Sin Six), Vulture, Electro, Venom (Gargan), Kraven (1100) vs Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon (II), Groot (Baby), Drax (II), Bug (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Beetle @180, Doc Ock (I), Mysterio, Lex Corp Security x3 (900) vs Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon (II), Groot (Baby), Drax (II) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He had weirdly good luck here and one of the match-ups was pretty favorable, which can skew perceptions a bit. I think I'd recommend something like this going into public testing:

Quote:
NAME = BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE= 4

MOVE= 5
RANGE= 5
ATTACK= 3
DEFENSE= 5

POINTS= 180-195

SINISTER SYNDICATE
When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each Assassin, Criminal, or Thief Unique Hero you control and subtract 1 from your roll for each Unique Hero you controlled at the start of the game that you do not currently control.

DIVERSIONARY FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, if Beetle rolls at least one skull, you may move Beetle or another figure you control within 5 spaces of Beetle up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Beetle may attack 1 additional time.

POWER ARMOR: FAULTY TARGETING
Reduce Beetle's Range number by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card. Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack. Any time Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure, if you roll more shields than skulls, your opponent must choose another adjacent figure to the defending figure and you must roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
6 just felt a little high for him, move-wise. Didn't feel like he needed it.

Enjoyed playing him though! If we feel like he's coming in a little too hot, IMO the first thing would be to up his normal attack by 1 and lose the auto-skull.
Old November 24th, 2021, 01:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Honestly weird to have a power called Faulty Targeting that has an automatic hit included in it...
Old November 24th, 2021, 10:27 AM

Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby! Kid Arachnid rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Beetle
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Beetle @170, Doc Ock (Sin Six), Vulture, Electro, Venom (Gargan), Kraven (1100) vs Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon (II), Groot (Baby), Drax (II), Bug (1100)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Beetle @180, Doc Ock (I), Mysterio, Lex Corp Security x3 (900) vs Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon (II), Groot (Baby), Drax (II) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He had weirdly good luck here and one of the match-ups was pretty favorable, which can skew perceptions a bit. I think I'd recommend something like this going into public testing:

Quote:
NAME = BEETLE
SECRET IDENTITY = ABNER JENKINS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = OPPORTUNISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE= 4

MOVE= 5
RANGE= 5
ATTACK= 3
DEFENSE= 5

POINTS= 180-195

SINISTER SYNDICATE
When rolling for initiative, add 1 to your roll for each Assassin, Criminal, or Thief Unique Hero you control and subtract 1 from your roll for each Unique Hero you controlled at the start of the game that you do not currently control.

DIVERSIONARY FIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Immediately after rolling attack dice for this special attack against an opponent's figure, if Beetle rolls at least one skull, you may move Beetle or another figure you control within 5 spaces of Beetle up to 2 spaces. Figures moved by this special attack never take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure. After attacking with this special attack, Beetle may attack 1 additional time.

POWER ARMOR: FAULTY TARGETING
Reduce Beetle's Range number by 1 for each Wound Marker on this Army Card. Add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled when Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure with his normal attack. Any time Beetle attacks a non-adjacent figure, if you roll more shields than skulls, your opponent must choose another adjacent figure to the defending figure and you must roll an unblockable attack die against that figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
6 just felt a little high for him, move-wise. Didn't feel like he needed it.

Enjoyed playing him though! If we feel like he's coming in a little too hot, IMO the first thing would be to up his normal attack by 1 and lose the auto-skull.

I like 180 points. I agree with decreasing the move and cutting the range part. I'll keep the auto skull in mind going forward into future tests. I'll try the auto skull myself.
Thank you.
Old November 24th, 2021, 10:28 AM

I propose we vote for Public Playtesting
Old November 24th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Beetle- Vote for Public Playtesting

Yea
Old November 24th, 2021, 10:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 24th, 2021, 10:55 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Honestly weird to have a power called Faulty Targeting that has an automatic hit included in it...
The faulty part is that it sometimes targets the wrong person, not that it's less effective if that makes sense. So it's not an accuracy thing, it's just locking on to the wrong targeting.

Sort of like taking photos with your phone. Sometimes it focusses on the wrong face...but it's really focused clear on that wrong face.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library