Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:58 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Yeah its the chicks dude,its always the chicks , though you do seem like a nice fellow
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Yeah its the chicks dude,its always the chicks , though you do seem like a nice fellow
well, i understand. although when you play with us there's no reason to choose your reason. we have it all. i'm nice, the maps are big, and there's chicks (though we're still recovering from the loss of funrun since she went back home). well... some of the chicks were added in post.
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:09 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm all inspired. I have to go dig up some of my old map photos. It is always weird to see maps pre-tree days. The trees really just provide so much to the over all aesthetics.

Nice maps, I'll have to remember to have the strippers over for my map photo shoots.
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
These maps inspired me to buy 2 more master set

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 16th, 2006, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
These maps inspired me to buy 2 more master set
thanks. glad to hear it. will you please put that in an email and ship it off to hasbro along with a suggestion that they send me a couple of complementary tundra packs?

by the way, i just drew up the instructions for "the bridge" on landscape. as soon i figure out how to post it here i will so you all can build one just like mine at home and incorporate it into your own maps. if you dont have at least 4 forgotten forest sets you'll probably need to get some more. and if you do buy more, let hasbro know why you are buying more and suggest they send me some tundra or something.

ps...
templar, what the hell is that picture on your signature block. its really cool.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:05 AM

hey everybody...

let see if this works. i dont know if i did it right but we'll see. these are supposed to be instructions on how to build the bridge you see in my first post here. i built that map about a year ago and since i dont have my peices here with me i cant rebuild it to verify that the instructions are accuarate. however, i think they are pretty close and you shouldn't have much trouble following them. the only trick really is the clips that you have to use under the bridge. this is what i am talking about...

when you are done, the bridge should be really sturdy and look like this...

anyway, hope this works for you guys who were asking for "landscape" files. thanks oogie for the detailed instructions and to the programmers of these cool programs (that's way over my head). grazie, parduz! solidscape è una programma molto incrediblile e bellissima. veramente ottimo!

if any of you actually build this, please let us know if the instructions work or if i need to make some changes. thanks.
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:46 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Caravaggio, can you zip up and post the .sol? That would allow people to use the bridge as a starting point to their own map.

-Dave
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for posting this Carravaggio!

I'm sure your expertise in structural integrity will help many map builders...

Myself included.

ODB

Recent Games Played:
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
Thanks for posting this Carravaggio!

I'm sure your expertise in structural integrity will help many map builders...

Myself included.

ODB
well, the structural part is what i'm not quite sure about with these instructions. what i built was very sturdy, i just hope i remembered accurately what i had done. otherwise, i'll rebuild it soon and figure it out. by the way, my "expertise" is pretty limited... remember i almost failed my "structures" classes. though i do have a lifetime of lego construction under my belt!
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:30 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio
by the way, my "expertise" is pretty limited... remember i almost failed my "structures" classes. though i do have a lifetime of lego construction under my belt!
Yay Legos!
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:21 AM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Caravaggio, I used your bridge in an 8MS map I just put together. I modified the structure a bit, but your design was the inspiration:

"Dumutef Overpass"

The pdf can be found if you link to my site in my signature.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 01:52 AM

hey, your map looks pretty cool. did you try building the map by the instructions first? did it stand up well? anybody else have any luck playing around with it?

i see where you're trying to bring the piers down directly from the 4 elements in the bridge. i think i remember building exactly what you have there and not being satisfied with the grey blocks switching to brown blocks and opted just to keep those side elements "hanging" and mostly grey. however, now that i have twice as many forest sets this should be easy to accomplish. i'll have to try something like this soon. (and if anything, hopefully the castle sets will give us some options).

what we really need are some larger "road" tiles like the 3 and 7 hex options.

SO HASBRO! HERE'S AND IDEA FOR YOU'RE NEXT LARGE EXPANSION: a ruined wellspring temple like the acropolis. it could have some larger road tiles and lots of columns and maybe even a few broken ones for flavor (perhaps even a decorative wellspring fountain and some crazy badass wellspring temple guard who is stonger when in a temple or near a wellspring fountain). image what cool things we could build with lots of heroscape compatable columns and entablatures and other temple peices. in addition to building temples with these peices, you could use the columns to hold up a bridge, to support a cantilevered rock formation (even bury it in the brown peices to add support but not be visible), to build a colonnade carved into a mountain.

...of course the trick would be building a rectangular building on a hexagonal board but that's not really all that tricky with some creative thinking.

hmmm, i love this idea.

1. it adds super cool new building elements to the game.

2. it adds the cool wellsprings to the game in a more visually stunning way creating new game objectives and enhancing gameplay (perhaps the wellsprings heal or increase attack or something) while sticking to the original heroscape "story". someone was suggesting that the forest sets sold better than the lava because the roads had a "positive" effect on movement while the lava had a "negative" one.... the wellsprings would obviously have a positive effect.

3. maybe we could finally get some good line of sight rules for tall objects like trees and columns!

man, i'm tired. i hope this makes sense!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios