Einar, Neutral... 89 65.44%
Jandar, maybe but then they'd be on same team as rivals, minutemen... 17 12.50%
Ullar, but British aren't real tree huggers... 1 0.74%
Vydar, because they have muskets... 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 4th, 2007, 11:08 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
What general does Lobsterbacks belong too...

Hi peoples everyones favorite n00b popping up again, and I'm thinking...

In wave 8 of Militia and wolves do you think the gunmen (obviously Lobsterbacks) will belong to utgar?(but it might offend the British when it comes out three years later when we have 5 MS and 20 Waves) or Some other team?
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:22 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't think a unit described as "Militia" will turn out to be British regulars.

Who knows, maybe they will go to Aquilla?
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Right up Einar's alley.
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus
I don't think a unit described as "Militia" will turn out to be British regulars.

Who knows, maybe they will go to Aquilla?
Why not? They used Minute Men to describe the 4th Mass (who weren't militia either and therefore not Minute Men).
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
So fine, they go to Einar. But how will they be different from the Ashigaru Harquebus? I suppose they could have an extra defense die, and maybe a special ability called "Disciplined Army Bonus." Of course they'd have to cost more, but not much. Just ten points probably.
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:39 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
if you look at them on HMG, you can tell the have red uniforms, thus being britains
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I hope they go to Aquilla. A four-figure ranged squad would go a long way toward establishing the new guy.

As far as being different from Ashigaru... well, has anyone even confirmed they're common?
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:57 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
I would have said Einar in a heartbeat, but he already has muskets in the form of the Ashigaru. I already think that the wolves are going to Aquilla, but I don't think these guys will. They really don't fit with Vydar or Ullar. I don't think they will go with Utgar because the only humans on his side are truly evil (Isamu and Sir Hawthorne). It may offend some of our English friends if we put their side of our little scuffle on the team with all of the evil hell's minions type units. I really don't know. If I had to say, I would go with Einar. But Aquilla is a good possibility, even though she is, so far, more nature themed.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't care who the wolves follow as long as they make Khosumet good. Or at least not awful.

As for the nature theme for Aquilla... that's the problem giving him/her the militia would fix! We already have Ullar, quash that nature theme early!
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:17 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Einar, they seem to be a perfect fit.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:46 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Right up Einar's alley.
Great minds...

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:58 AM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This is a good poll. Personally, I think they will go to Utgar. The lack of humans (almost certainly what they are) in Utgar adds a little bit of shock value to them. Additionally, Einar has simply come out with too many ranged squads lately. Wave six was the samurai archers and wave seven had the harquebus. I just don't see Hasbro giving another squad like this to Einar. The second most likely option I think would be Aquilla, but since Aquilla doesn't appear to be evil, I don't think he'd recruit units that more than likely hate the 4th Mass.

Now that I think about it more, it doesn't make sense for Hasbro to have the redcoats (probably Brits) be associated with Utgar (evil). Maybe Craig and Co. have some bad experience with British people, but I doubt that since most of them are really polite and mild mannered.

Oh well, I still vote Utgar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units