Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old January 7th, 2015, 05:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design) (Public Playtest)

That is awesome Koolster! I never did figure out how to bring over the red & bold parts from the PT report when copy and pasting. It works just fine for me but I don't know what it is I do differently and I know you are not the only one that has run into that problem.
Old January 12th, 2015, 04:30 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

@Yodaking I figured out the problem. Last time I just copied the post. Instead of quoting, then previewing and copying the preview.

FX-7 FX-7

ARMY CARD TEXT
Paste the text for the version of the card used in the test.
FX-7 Medical Droid
Independent

Droid
Common Hero
Medic
Useful
MEDIUM 5

Life 1
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 4
Points 35

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 Medical Droid does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may place one or more FX-7 Medical Droids on any empty spaces.

Field Medic
At the end of the round, remove one wound marker from the Army Card of every Unique Hero that is adjacent to at least one FX-7 Medical Droid. Droids and Vehicles may not remove wound markers using Field Medic.

Medical Programming
FX-7 may never attack an opponent's figure or make leaving engage

THEME TEST
Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Looks good.

MIRROR TEST
Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Nope.

BONDING TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Nope.

SYNERGIES TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Nope.

POWER CHECK
Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, Who or What it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Nope.

FUN TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Definitely. It’s great to use him as a screen to screw up your opponent’s plans.

FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
He can be frustrating, but not overly so.

DRAFTING TEST
Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Definietely.

USAGE TEST
Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Well, I never had to keep him from attacking. But he certainly needs that power.

STRATEGY TEST
Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Yup. A unique healer/screen. A good filler choice too.

OVERALL SUMMARY
Describe your overall impressions of the design and how it plays.
It’s lots of fun to use this guy.

Army Test 1
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost.

Map: Dry Season
Units: 2x FX-7, Syvarris, Theracus, Darth Vader (430) vs. Venoc Warlord, 7x Venoc Vipers, Guilty McReech (430)
Results: 1 life Darth Vader

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost. Only HoSS designs that have passed playtesting and finalization can be used in this test.

Map: Dry Season
Units: 1x FX-7, Myrrdin, Dead-Eye Dan, 4x Deathreavers (345) vs. Jotun, 2x Dreadgul Raiders (355)
Results: 3 life Jotun, 4 Dreadgul Raiders

Spoiler Alert!

Army Tests Summary: Interesting unit. Brings a new aspect of playing to the table. I would recommend further playtesting with: Myrddin, Vydar pod, Elf pod, Kato/Hive/Kurrok, Raelin, anything with high defense + Rae, to ensure that FX-7 doesn’t make select builds too overpowered. I really like this guy, “fun tests” like using Saylind etc. to move FX-7 would be good, or when all heroes are gone using him as a screen, or if your opponent has no heroes drop them in their startzone or key choke point round 1. It’s also worth noting that C-3PO can help FX-7 avoid ranged attacks and Luke can make a Daring Escape with FX-7.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old January 12th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Interesting unit. Brings a new aspect of playing to the table. I would recommend further playtesting with: Myrddin, Vydar pod, Elf pod, Kato/Hive/Kurrok, Raelin, anything with high defense + Rae, to ensure that FX-7 doesn’t make select builds too overpowered. I really like this guy, “fun tests” like using Saylind etc. to move FX-7 would be good, or when all heroes are gone using him as a screen, or if your opponent has no heroes drop them in their startzone or key choke point round 1. It’s also worth noting that C-3PO can help FX-7 avoid ranged attacks and Luke can make a Daring Escape with FX-7.
Not quite, as C-3PO's Insignificant power only works on small droid heroes. However, the point of Luke saving him is a good one, meaning that Luke could run away while be attacked and still get the healing benefit at the end of the round (it must be hard for him to lug that around with his then-limited force capabilities, he must have amazing upper-body strength :P).
Old January 12th, 2015, 07:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I feel Luke moving the FX around is a small enough theme break to let it pass. Trying to prevent Luke form moving it could then result in something like the Wyverns no longer moving it and I'd like to see that aspect stay in place.
Old January 15th, 2015, 09:55 PM
C3G Landlord

@Heroscaper Guy , you still around and with us?
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:00 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
@Heroscaper Guy , you still around and with us?
Yeah, sorry, five classes keeps me busy and occupied. Do I need to weigh in on something, and if so what?

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Another play test report was completed (see above). Once you get a chance to look that over, proceed however you see fit. I think we are close to wrapping this up personally but that call is ultimately left up to the LD to make and then the other Council members to vote on.
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:38 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, in that case, I liked those playtests as they were really close. So what's the next step I have to call for voting for?

my tradelist
Old January 16th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Well, in that case, I liked those playtests as they were really close. So what's the next step I have to call for voting for?
If you are satisfied with the design after reviewing the playtests, then call for a vote to send the card to final editing.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Okay, well then I call for a vote for Final Editing.

my tradelist
Old January 16th, 2015, 02:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape