Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old August 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM

Jazzman2000 is surprisingly tart
Braid

If any 360 owners still haven't played Braid, do so now.

I promise you'll be glad you did.
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Braid

Well I'll have to wait. My 360 died of the red ringed plague yesterday....
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:30 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wholeheartedly support this message.

Play Braid Now.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart

I don't have a 360 and don't have very much knowledge on Braid, (if any at all on the game) but isn't it supposed to be really expensive for DLC?
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorific View Post
I don't have a 360 and don't have very much knowledge on Braid, (if any at all on the game) but isn't it supposed to be really expensive for DLC?
It's $15, and people are, apparently, whining about that. I don't see the problem. I mean, people will spend $10 for a Nintendo 64 game, but not $15 for a brand new game? Ludicrous.

Don't have a 360, have no idea what the game is about, but I'm hearing about it from everything... only "It's awesome buy it now" and "I don't see why everyone says its expensive."

Literally, that's all I've heard about it.

Kinda sad when you think about it.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

It's a very original and fun game. It isn't terribly long, but it has excellent gameplay and decent replay value.

It's sort of like Portal, but instead of warping space, you're playing with time. At its core, it's a solid puzzle game like The Lost Vikings. I don't want to ruin anything about the game, so I won't say much else.

It's fifteen bucks, so it's only really expensive if you're thirteen and have to beg for your parents' credit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Basically it's a puzzle game where the puzzles are solved by manipulating the fabric of time. I just beat the game last night (all 60 pieces in about 3 or 4 hours no walkthrough). Every world will introduce a new time based effect or so. Very unique and extremely fun and challenging. Very few technical puzzles (such as timing everything perfect) and the ones where technical gaming is required are not tough at all. A great buy.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!

I downloaded and played the game for hours on end. I'm currently stuck on the part where you have to run away from the Lava Wall. I gave up after 2 hours. LOL

BRAID is a MUST buy.

Old August 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan View Post
I downloaded and played the game for hours on end. I'm currently stuck on the part where you have to run away from the Lava Wall. I gave up after 2 hours. LOL

BRAID is a MUST buy.
You're about 2 minutes away from the part where I nearly stood up and clapped, btw. The part of the game post lava wall is simply incredible.
Old August 18th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart

I've only just started playing, but I am already hooked.

On another note, the soundtrack is amazing and I've already purchased all of the songs. It makes such good ambient music for pretty much any activity.

Quick! Now! Go play Braid!

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, just reading about Braid makes me wish I had an 360 so I could play this. Same thing happened with HD Rez.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games