Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old September 16th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@White Knight , what is the easiest way to cut off the bases on these in blender? I dont mind the base attached, its just sometimes more of a pain to emove the supports between the figure and base. Also printing the separate allows for stickered bases. Even printing them solid I still get more breaks with ones that have the base attached. Im going to give printing a bunch of these another go since you are making the really great matte files.
1) Import the model into Blender
2) Go to Edit mode (bottom toolbar)
3) Hit 'A' to deselect everything
4) Right click somewhere on the base
5) Hold down the 'ctrl' key and continually press the '+' key until the entire base is selected.
6) Hit 'X' and delete vertices
7) Go to Object mode (bottom toolbar)
8 ) Save as .stl file

The bases are not attached to the models, so they can be easily removed. Hopefully the feet are closed on the bottom so the model is manifest. If you struggle with a model let me know and I can clean it up.
Old September 18th, 2019, 11:19 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Some pictures of the new matte scanned dwarves, 3d printed and painted (official figures in the front, 3d printed figures in the back). Not perfect copies, and I need a few more paint colors to get closer to the originals, but I'm pretty happy with them.

Old September 18th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, those are awesome.
Old September 18th, 2019, 01:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those look good WK. I just finished printing another squad for @Flash_19 . Your new matte stuff is really nice. A light wash would do them proud. What alot of people dont realize is washing 3d prints isnt the easiest to do when trying to hide any small layer lines.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 18th, 2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Those look good WK. I just finished printing another squad for @Flash_19 . Your new matte stuff is really nice. A light wash would do them proud. What alot of people dont realize is washing 3d prints isnt the easiest to do when trying to hide any small layer lines.
I did a wash on them--they look a lot better than without the wash. I didn't want to wash too much and make them look dirty (especially since I make a cheap wash using my $.99 paints).
Old September 18th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What paints do you use?
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:20 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey WK - do you know anything about Tabletop Simulator and what file types it uses? I’m discussing something with the guys that created and run the Heroscape mod for Tabletop Simulator and I’m wondering if your models could be converted or otherwise useable for TTS.
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I was about to say a wash would make them look identical, but yeah layer lines probably make that difficult.

Regardless, they look great! Without comparing them side by side I'd probably mistake them for the originals. The Axegrinders are hard to tell apart without zooming in.
Old September 18th, 2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What paints do you use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I was about to say a wash would make them look identical, but yeah layer lines probably make that difficult.
I use acrylic paints from Walmart and Michaels, usually Apple Barrel or Craftsmart. Because they are a little thick (and I often have to do a few coats), they actually do a good job of hiding the layer lines. I probably should have washed them with a little darker color, but I was concerned the wash would be blotchy.

There is definitely less detail on the 3D printed ones--mostly because the scans aren't 100% perfect. Going to 3DF Zephyr Lite and using more pictures might improve that, but my biggest concern is that it WILL and I'll want to start all over again. Then my files would be ultra matte lite 4th generation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Hey WK - do you know anything about Tabletop Simulator and what file types it uses? I’m discussing something with the guys that created and run the Heroscape mod for Tabletop Simulator and I’m wondering if your models could be converted or otherwise useable for TTS.
The Tabletop Simulator guys used a bunch of the Hexscape files (.obj) that we made here for Hexscape (low resolution). They should have almost all the heroscape figures modeled already. They kept them low resolution so that they would load easier.

Are they missing figures, or do you want higher resolution? My raw files can be used to make higher resolution models for TS, but not the edited .stl files I've been posting here (because I did not include the texture files when I imported them into Blender). For most figures, it shouldn't take long to turn them into TS files.
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

They're missing certain sculpts. All of the units are in the game, but some squads are represented by one sculpt being repeated. Here's a list I'm copying from their mod page. I think the number represented how many sculpts they need.

Quote:
Battle for the Underdark master set
Deepwyrm Drow (2)

Wave 3
Gorillinators (2)
Microcorp Agents (2)

Wave 4
Aubrien Archers (2)
Gladianatrons (2)
Sacred Band (3)
Tagawa Samurai (2)

Wave 6
Einar Imperium (2)
Heavy Gruts (3)
Zombies of Morridan (2)
Shades of Bleakewoode (2)
Tagawa Samurai Archers (2)
I bring this up because I was reaching out to them in order to get their help including C3V units in the TTS mod, or make a second mod for C3V. They said that without the mod being "complete" so to speak, they wouldn't consider it.
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Trex is truly a gentleman and a scholar.

I'm excited to see how they turned out!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 18th, 2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
They're missing certain sculpts. All of the units are in the game, but some squads are represented by one sculpt being repeated. Here's a list I'm copying from their mod page. I think the number represented how many sculpts they need.

Quote:
Battle for the Underdark master set
Deepwyrm Drow (2)

Wave 3
Gorillinators (2)
Microcorp Agents (2)

Wave 4
Aubrien Archers (2)
Gladianatrons (2)
Sacred Band (3)
Tagawa Samurai (2)

Wave 6
Einar Imperium (2)
Heavy Gruts (3)
Zombies of Morridan (2)
Shades of Bleakewoode (2)
Tagawa Samurai Archers (2)
I bring this up because I was reaching out to them in order to get their help including C3V units in the TTS mod, or make a second mod for C3V. They said that without the mod being "complete" so to speak, they wouldn't consider it.
I can give them the Drow, Shades, and Samurai Archers, but I don't have sculpts of the rest of them.

As for C3V, I have several of the C3V figures scanned, but I am missing a bunch. It was always on my list, but the Hexscape team scattered so I'm on my own with this and I've put higher priority on high quality .stl files since I know TREX and others are using those files.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing