Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old September 29th, 2022, 06:02 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Sounds like they squish juicily (is that a word?) and I would assume they don't have a huge attack. Unless perhaps they are close to Queen Maladrix.

Like the idea of a 5 perso...ehm...creature squad but was never able to figure one out. Looking forward to this card.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 29th, 2022 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Squishability...splatter ability?
Old September 29th, 2022, 06:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I expect they actually start on the board but the queen can respawn them.

Craig hinted in Discord that they may have the Hivelord class.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2022, 07:01 PM

Finbar27oh is surprisingly tart

On the topic of unit powers in nemisis war brood, I was looking over some old posts. I saw skyknight was the one in charge of these guys. When clicking on his customs there are repainted zettians that transform into a repainted DW9K. Seems like the power can work in reverse as well. In rereading the oathbound phalanx and legionaries reveal I wonder if the oathbound will have a very similar power in how they combine and separate
Old September 29th, 2022, 10:14 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

More like Knight Adjutor O-bear-on, right?
Old September 29th, 2022, 10:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Is that Polar Bear wearing a fur coat?
Old September 29th, 2022, 10:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Is that Polar Bear wearing a fur coat?
It's Vorid fur.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 29th, 2022, 11:32 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtato View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Not today's update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
Truthfully, these freak me out. After seeing the sculpts of the Festering Honor Guard, every time I turn on a light at night I am scared that one of these things will jump out of the shadows. Now you can have the same waking nightmare too! You are welcome.
You heard it here first: A Squad of five.
Are these…intergalactic battle shrimp?
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp
That's gonna be one of the harder ones to paint!

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old September 30th, 2022, 06:08 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Depends on how the official card looks otherwise it should be as simple as priming it then using contrast/speed paints, then a shade/wash and highlight the antenna and mandibles. I know for the novice that sounds complex...let me assure you it's easier than it sounds and will look good.

Of course the official color scheme could be a lot more difficult making most of us leave these as orange and or in the box.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 30th, 2022 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Painting still sucks...grumble, grumble, grumble
Old September 30th, 2022, 06:20 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Similar kind of figure, these guys are purple tentacles, skin colored shell, blue tail and then dipped. Super easy. One has kind of a mottled pattern that comes from having bubbles in the dip - usually something to avoid, but here it looks pretty cool!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 30th, 2022, 10:16 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

Similar kind of figure, these guys are purple tentacles, skin colored shell, blue tail and then dipped. Super easy. One has kind of a mottled pattern that comes from having bubbles in the dip - usually something to avoid, but here it looks pretty cool!
Wow, that is a good reference for a simple yet good looking finish (and decently similar).

Bug-like models are also very good for painting one solid colour. A lot of real-world arachnids and insects are one solid colour - you could get away with one colour and have it look 100% believable. For extra flair, you could add a spot colour to the eyes and chelicerae/fangs.

But yes, I can still understand the "I have to apply paint with a brush to all those surfaces" factor which could look finicky.
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What will be revealed during the Hasbro Pulsecon stream tomorrow?

This is what they revealed 2 years ago for Heroquest:

EDIT: Looks like you'll need to click the link for the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 30th, 2022, 11:16 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The Haslab launches tomorrow and I want to share a few tips for maximizing the success of it.

If you have any inclination to buy the new set at all, go ahead and get on as a backer.

The total number of backers matters a lot and you can always back out if you change your mind or decide you don't really want it. It looks like the campaign will end in mid/late November and no one will be charged until then. You have that much time to get money together if price is an issue, or drop your pledge if you decide its not for you.

The current Haslab missed its early bird goal, as a result everyone who backs it will be getting one less figure, and the backer count has dropped significantly.

Let's not let that happen to HeroScape. It probably won't have an early bird goal if it is run like the HeroQuest Haslab, but there were plenty of extended reach goals. The Ghostbusters pack campaign gave everyone who signed up in the first few days an extra item. Its good to get on early.

Again, the total number of backers matters a lot and there is no harm in putting your name in the hat.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion