Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 15th, 2010, 09:25 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
What is your favorite fantasy book?

I'm sure we alll liek the Lord of the Rings style books. There are several out there. Which one do you like best?
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker
Re: What is your favorite fantasy book?

I'm big on fantasy reading, but my personal favorite series, no matter what critics say, will always be Brian Jacques' Redwall.
Of course this is closely followed by the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) and His Dark Materials (Golden Compass).

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:03 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, The Two Towers is and has always been my fave. Tolkien aside, I've become quite the R.A.Salvatore fan over the last two years. I'd have to say it's a toss-up between The Chaos Curse and The Halfling's Gem.

Hold on...now that I think about it, it's The Halfling's Gem, no contest. I can't count the number of action sequences in that book that just felt cinematic. A Legend of Drizzt movie series would be awesome!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:09 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What? There are actually OTHER fantasy writers besides the great John Ronald Reuel Tolkien?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

I'm not much of a reader but the Chronicles of Narnia were always a favorite of mine.
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am a fan of C.S. Lewis. Chronicles of Narnia of Course, but also Space trilogy especially That Hideous Strength which was a combo Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror/Philosophical masterpiece. They were written at the same time Tolkien wrote the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and both writers exchanged notes so there was similarities. Also, Till We Have Faces was good especially if you like Greek Mythology. His other "Fantasy" books are very allegorical about Christianity but even atheists can enjoy them. The Great Divorce is haled by many as the best "Christian" fantasy book but also one of the best fantasy books period, albeit its subject is life after death (It is actually about the Grim Reaper's Friends )

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 11th, 2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While the author tries to say its not fantasy, the Sword of Truth series is great, although it can get a bit graphic. Also, there are sections that get wordy but overall, a great series. The first book is called Wizard's First Rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Terry Pratchett.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:01 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Lord of the Rings.

I don't care much for fantasy outside of that.
Old November 12th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My 3 favorites:

Song of Ice and Fire Series - George RR Martin
Amber Series - Roger Zelazny
Dark Tower Series - Stephen King

Old November 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Ranger's Apprentice is pretty good.

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old November 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM

MikeR is surprisingly tart

The Belgariad trilogy by David Eddings

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books