Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 9th, 2010, 03:20 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!
Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread : Sandshrew and Abra

Welcome to the Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread!

To start off, Project Pokemon would like to thank C3G for modeling for us the correct way to playtest our creations!

The goal of this thread is to provide quality feedback on the effectiveness and in-game useability of figures passed to us from the design thread. In order to ensure that the information provided in this thread is up to the highest standard, we ask that the following procedure be made for each Playtest:

Spoiler Alert!

Any member of Heroscapers.com may playtest a figure from Project Pokemon, and you're efforts are greatly appreciated. Units must be playtested by 5 people, and at least a 4/5 majority is required to pass. If it passess it is an official unit, if not we send it back to the design thread for fixing.

Current Units in Playtesting Are :
Spoiler Alert!

Charmander = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...anderproxy.png
Pikachu = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...kachuproxy.png
Pidgey = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...idgeyproxy.png
Magnemite = http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...emiteProxy.png
Squirtle = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...irtleproxy.png
Sandshrew = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...shrewproxy.png
Abra = http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...abraproxie.png

For any of those wondering, here is an excellent example of how to show your playtesting results originally posted by tcglkn:
Spoiler Alert!

Successfully Playtested and Passed Units:
Spoiler Alert!

If you have any questions about playtesting, either post it in this thread or send me a PM. Good luck, and happy playtesting!

Last edited by jwindjackal; August 10th, 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: abra
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Project Pokemon Playtesting Thread

When will we get Charmander here?
Old May 9th, 2010, 10:11 PM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
When will we get Charmander here?
As soon as Mac send sme the mock up
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I have difficulty making most BoV maps due to only having a FotA, RttFF, SotM, and VW set. With some random tiles. I don't have a complete RotV set. Can I use fair balanced maps that I build?

EDIT: When Playtesting vs. Squads can I use multiple Charmanders?
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I have difficulty making most BoV maps due to only having a FotA, RttFF, SotM, and VW set. With some random tiles. I don't have a complete RotV set. Can I use fair balanced maps that I build?
Playtest on Embattled Fen?

I'd say if you run the map by the group first so that we can see what your're working with. If you want to a bit of research, any map that wasn't accepted for the BoV because of looks should be valid too.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

I have a simple map on my map thread called fissure. It uses SotM and VW. Its relatively flat. I am going to use this. I don't think it is broken...
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I have a simple map on my map thread called fissure. It uses SotM and VW. Its relatively flat. I am going to use this. I don't think it is broken...
Quote:
Fissure
This is a map where the swamp splits open to reveal the a flow of molten Lava
The only potential issue I see with this map is the lack of any real height. I think you would get better tests on Embattled Fen than this, but if the others are open to it . . . .

Old May 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

For Ember Special Attack, I have a couple proposed wording changes:

...If you roll a 19 or higher, remove all Markers from the defending figure's card and place one Burn Marker on that card...

Are Status Markers defined in your rulebook? If not, I would try to avoid that term. I, instead, just referenced markers.

...At the end of each round, each player must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure they control with the Burn Marker on their card....

I don't believe "...in turn..." sounds very official. It can also cause confusion between this power activating on rounds vs turns. I reworded to remove that phrase.
Old May 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

...If you roll a 19 or higher, remove all Markers from the defending figure's card and place one Burn Marker on that card...

Are Status Markers defined in your rulebook? If not, I would try to avoid that term. I, instead, just referenced markers.

...At the end of each round, each player must roll the 20-sided die once for each figure they control with the Burn Marker on their card....

I don't believe "...in turn..." sounds very official. It can also cause confusion between this power activating on rounds vs turns. I reworded to remove that phrase.
I added the phrase "in turn" because the wording before it was unclear that you roll for each instance of a burn marker seperately. We can try to come up with a better phrasing before the card is finalized though.

We will have to define the statuses in the rulebook. If we change the phrasing of the ability it would also remove wound marker, experience markers, and negation markers. While those second two aren't that big (they're still undesireable) the wound markers thing is a pretty big one.

Edit: I'm going to send a request to the art dept. to put the word "status" on our status markers so that it's a little more clear.

Old May 10th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

Unfortunately at this point it is too late to make changes, its already passed, all it can do now is be playtested, from their if it fails, we can send it back to the design thread for fixing up.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Tickle Pickle

Heroes:
Battle 1: Charmander vs Kumiko
Kumiko won on the first turn of round 2 due to an initiative switch. Niether of Charmanders or Kumiko's abilities were used. Kumiko had 1 wound.

Battle 2: Charmander vs. Zetacron
Zetacron dominated Charmander. Charmander could not roll smokescreen, and Zetacron engaged him to prevent him from rolling it. Zetacron was woundless when he won.

Battle 3: Charmander vs. Shiori
Charmander won! In round 1, turn 3 Charmander killed Shiori. Charmander was woundless.

Squads:
Battle 1: Charmander Vs. Marro Warriors
Round 1 - Charmander killed 2 MW and took no wounds due to smoke screen.
Round 2 - MW cloned one of their fallen back. Charmander moved to get in range, but a MW on heights one shot killed him when he failed smoke screen.

Battle 2: Charmander vs MRT x1
Round 1 - Charmander rolled smokescreen a couple of times. No casualties.
Round 2 - Charmander failed smokescreen and took 2 wounds. He killed one MRT
Round 3 - Charmander fell to an engaged MRT

Battle 3: Charmander vs Capuan Gladiators x 1
Round 1 - Charmander kills one Capuan Gladiator, then takes one wound of Lava Field damage at the end of the round.
Round 2 - Cap Glads kill Charmander on turn 2.

Army Test 1: Charmander, Fire Elemenal x4, Water Elemental x4, Crixus, Raelin (RotV) 500 points vs. Estivara, Wyvern x2, Fyorlag Spiders x5, Isamu.
Round 1 - Fire Elementals move out. Wyvern moves out with spider, and Estivara.
Round 2 - Fire Elementals kill 2 Spiders. Wyvern kills 2 Fire Elementals. Wyvern takes Lava Field wound at the end of the round.
Round 3 - Wyvern kills 2 remaining Fire Elementals. Water Elementals kill 1st Wyvern.
Round 4 - New Wyvern moves out, kills one Water Elemental. Spiders kill 1 Water Elemental and remove 2 OM from the Water Elementals (one was the X) Water Elemental killed 2 spiders.
Round 5 - Crixus moves out. Wyvern commits suicide to kill Crixus. Crixus rolled a 20!
Round 6 - Estivara moves out to support the spiders. Crixus puts 3 wounds on Estivara. Water Elemental attacks and kills Estivara.
Round 7 - Charmander moves out to help clean up spiders. Charmander kills one spider and takes 2 wounds.
Round 8 - Charmander dies, Crixus cleans up 3 spiders.
Round 9 - Water Elementals take out 3 spiders. One Water Elemental is killed.
Round 10 - Water Elemental kills 2 spiders, Crixus kills one.
Round 11 - Water Elemental kills the last of the spiders.
Army 1 wins with Raelin, 1 Water Elemental, and Crixus left.

Another army battle left to do, but so far I have been highly unimpressed with Charmander's performance. He needs more defense or more life, and I would boost his Ember attack to 3 dice. I didn't inflict a single wound with Ember SA, so there wasn't even a chance of a Burn occurring. So far I vote NO to pass Charmander as he is.

Last edited by tcglkn; May 10th, 2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add my vote.
Old May 10th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwindjackal
2) Test the figure on a map that has a variety of terrain, elevation, and obsatacles that a figure would commonly encounter in the game of 'Scape. If you can, it is preffered that you attempt to use BoV maps as they provide more accurate results.
Your fissure can work, I'd advise adding some more elevation to simulate the elevation he would encounter in other maps. Other than that I'd say its fine, as I've mentioned above BoV maps aren't required. I know for one I can't make any of them because I only have RotV and SotM, I do however know that I can make maps just as decent as the BoV maps with what I have. So in summary, add a little more height to fissure and you are OK!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum