Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 12th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
And on a final note. I think there is something to be said about a team getting grief for winning too much. It's like you get a "hate target" painted on the back of your jersey.
Yep, any team that wins 'too much' will eventually turn from the everyone jump on the bandwagon Cinderella story to the most vile and evil of all time. It goes in cycles and shall continue.
Yeah I know the feeling. I feel the exact same way about the Patriots. Really though, I could have sworn that the Packers went seven times. There's even a book about it. "The Magnificent Seven. The Championship Games That Built The Lombardi Dynasty." Maybe I'm just confused about what "championship" means though.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Thanks SS for that very informative list of Super Bowl winners! While the Packers do have the most Super Bowl wins of any of the teams in NFL history, it should be noted that most of those were in the sixties (or around the sixties) in the good old days when our coach was Vince Lombardi, and we had amazing players like Bart Starr. If I remember right, the Packers went to the Super Bowl seven years in a row.
Um, no, they don't. The Pack have the most league champoinships, not Super Bowls. The Packers had their golden years back before the Super Bowls. They still are the most succesful franchise in history, but they only have 3 Super Bowls.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:50 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Thanks SS for that very informative list of Super Bowl winners! While the Packers do have the most Super Bowl wins of any of the teams in NFL history, it should be noted that most of those were in the sixties (or around the sixties) in the good old days when our coach was Vince Lombardi, and we had amazing players like Bart Starr. If I remember right, the Packers went to the Super Bowl seven years in a row.
Um, no, they don't. The Pack have the most league champoinships, not Super Bowls. The Packers had their golden years back before the Super Bowls. They still are the most succesful franchise in history, but they only have 3 Super Bowls.
Okay got it. I guess I was confused between "championship" and "Super Bowl".

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's the same with the NBA. The Pacers won TONS of ABA championships, but I don't remember if they ever won a single NBA championship.

The Pack is my second favorite team. When Indy had no team I would always root for them. So when Farve left, I was sad, but still want to see the Pack win none the less. Or Farve the less. LOL!
Old September 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
For the kids:
Spoiler Alert!

The Colts' stat is a little misleading, as the Ravens actually have 1 title. So, there ya go.

Also, J-unit, along with some help from Shades fan are right on the money as the Steelers (5), Cowboys (5), and 49ers (5) are all tied for the most Super Bowl wins.
I believe the Patriots have 4 Super Bowl wins, not 3. 3 of them were with Brady, and the other other one was from a long time ago.

Old September 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
Quote:
For the kids:
Spoiler Alert!

The Colts' stat is a little misleading, as the Ravens actually have 1 title. So, there ya go.

Also, J-unit, along with some help from Shades fan are right on the money as the Steelers (5), Cowboys (5), and 49ers (5) are all tied for the most Super Bowl wins.
I believe the Patriots have 4 Super Bowl wins, not 3. 3 of them were with Brady, and the other other one was from a long time ago.
They did not win any others...in 1985 they got crushed by the Bears
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Crushed isn't the word for it... mangled is more like it in 86 (85 season).

Then they lost the SB in 95 (I think) to the Packers and of course the most recent SB loss last year. So they're 3-3 in Super Bowl appearances.

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Super Bowl Standings should clear things up a bit.

After this year, it should have the Panthers at 1-1 and the Steelers at 5-2.
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:

They're wrong for the pats... must not be including last season for some reason (they've lost to the Bears, Packers, and Giants - beat the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles).

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:

They're wrong for the pats... must not be including last season for some reason (they've lost to the Bears, Packers, and Giants - beat the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles).
Odd, but you're right. Giants should be 3-1 and Pats should be 3-3.
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Maybe even the NFL refuses to believe they actually lost it last season....

-insert signature here-
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post

The Pack is my second favorite team. When Indy had no team I would always root for them. So when Farve left, I was sad, but still want to see the Pack win none the less. Or Farve the less. LOL!
If the're your second favorite team in football, you should at least know the former quarterback's name! It's Favre, not Farve!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV