Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 8th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think if it's an Event Card you just list the "trick arrow" powers and you have markers for them on that card. No need to involve glyphs.
I like this idea. Also no reason for it to be common/uncommon.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:25 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
They would be way easier to balance if C3G allowed for a point mechanic.
word

-

Anyway, I'm pretty strongly against auto-destroy powers. Not like 'auto-nay' it or whatnot, but if you want me to not care about your design at all that's pretty much the fast path.

The game is already pretty swingy, but at least with most powers you have some way to interact with it to help your odds. Auto-Destroy (and Mind-Shackle) boil the whole game into 'did one D-20 roll the right way' which is way easy for the roller to build in bonuses for and there's not a whole lot that goes the other way (plus you'd have to know about the auto-destroy power ahead of time to bother, so non-draft formats suffer). And once you hit that D-20 it doesn't matter if you're Superman or Bob, Agent from Hydra.. you're still just instantly dead (barring a few rare powers).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 9th, 2021, 10:57 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
I think if it's an Event Card you just list the "trick arrow" powers and you have markers for them on that card. No need to involve glyphs.
I like this idea. Also no reason for it to be common/uncommon.
There is a reason. It may not be great but here was my thinking...

If the event was draftable and gave a figure lets say 2 arrow glyphs (or markers) that you put in a pool and you had two Archers, you could draft 2 of the even and have a common pool of 4 and if you decided to go all out and have a team of Archers you could draft 4 of them and have a pool of 8.

the issues if you did something like 2 Glyphs (or markers) per figure that are Archers would mean that it's tougher to balance and it will price out single uses of event card since using it for 1 Archer would be kind of a waste. Hence the thought that you could have a common Event. So if I wanted to have Flash and Green Arrow team up against some Rogues I can draft this new event plus the existing one and have a cool deal without having to draft multiple Archers to "get my money's worth".

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 12th, 2021, 02:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just another Mercenary I have been thinking about. I would love to see Cable as a Mercenary.

Quote:

NAME = CABLE
SECRET IDENTITY = NATE SUMMERS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

X-FORCE TACTICS
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Cable, you may take a turn with up to two different Mercenary Unique Heroes you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Cable. Cable may be one of the Unique Heroes. Figures taking a turn with this special ability may either move or attack, but not both, and you may not take any additional turns with figures you control.

BODYSLIDE X
Instead of moving normally you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. If you do, place Cable on an empty space within 5 spaces of his current placement. After placing Cable, you may choose a friendly tiny, small, or medium figure that was adjacent to Cable before he moved. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Cable. Figures moved with Bodyslide X will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SIGHTING
When Cable is attacking with a height advantage, he rolls an additional attack die.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Neat take! Would love to see another Cable. The first one is a cool design, but it definitely has a role in the game that doesn't always feel thematic.

It's become an increasing problem lately (with the big increase in design input) that it's hard to discuss something publicly without spoiling one of the 200+ designs we have On Deck. But I will say we currently have some Merc stuff waiting for release that might overpower what Cable is doing here. I know that's excruciatingly vague, but I think it might be worth expanding into Mutant stuff, just to give him a "niche?" Sorry, I know that's not super-helpful.

Dig Bodyslide, but I almost think it shouldn't need an X reveal? Obviously it's a bit goofy if he's just sliding everywhere constantly, but it's not that powerful of an ability, and it'll cause tension if any of his other buddies want the X. (Deadpool already does, obviously.)

I'd probably drop Sighting though. It's such a big essential part of Cable I's Obi-Wan playstyle that having it reused here might just make them play too similar.

One thing that's stuck with me after watching Deadpool II is how cool it would be to have a Cable with some sort of "arsenal" power. Obviously his signature weapon is Big Gun, but he's gotta have some pretty cool stuff in all those pouches, right?
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Neat take! Would love to see another Cable. The first one is a cool design, but it definitely has a role in the game that doesn't always feel thematic.

It's become an increasing problem lately (with the big increase in design input) that it's hard to discuss something publicly without spoiling one of the 200+ designs we have On Deck. But I will say we currently have some Merc stuff waiting for release that might overpower what Cable is doing here. I know that's excruciatingly vague, but I think it might be worth expanding into Mutant stuff, just to give him a "niche?" Sorry, I know that's not super-helpful.

Dig Bodyslide, but I almost think it shouldn't need an X reveal? Obviously it's a bit goofy if he's just sliding everywhere constantly, but it's not that powerful of an ability, and it'll cause tension if any of his other buddies want the X. (Deadpool already does, obviously.)

I'd probably drop Sighting though. It's such a big essential part of Cable I's Obi-Wan playstyle that having it reused here might just make them play too similar.

One thing that's stuck with me after watching Deadpool II is how cool it would be to have a Cable with some sort of "arsenal" power. Obviously his signature weapon is Big Gun, but he's gotta have some pretty cool stuff in all those pouches, right?
Well I'm glad to hear there are some more Mercs in the works. Thanks for the feedback on this guy though. If there is something coming out that is better, then I can't wait wait. Thanks for the heads up as well!!
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, if you’re just looking for a piece that leads Mercs, that’s definitely something that now exists. We just can’t show you quite yet!
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yeah, if you’re just looking for a piece that leads Mercs, that’s definitely something that now exists. We just can’t show you quite yet!
I'll be here when you can
Old January 12th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How many LDs do you have so far Jekyll?
Old January 12th, 2021, 04:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
How many LDs do you have so far Jekyll?
3, technically 4 if you count the Skateboard
When I get to Texas I plan on running another. I already have the points, just don't want to start in the middle of a move.
Edit: @MrNobody did most of the work on Night Thrasher.
Old January 12th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bodyslide is cool. Love seeing you post more designs Dr. J.!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Bodyslide is cool. Love seeing you post more designs Dr. J.!
Thanks, I have a bunch of designs I'm brainstorming right now.
I'm not gonna post some of them until I feel they are ready because they are my little secret.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy