Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old October 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

My first thought was ''Nhah Scirh Cultists'' ! But Acid Breath is not an SA...

I'll go with :

Hydra x3 - 360
Kaemon - 480
Marcu - 500

May look stupid, but they're all heroes (so Braxas is less effective) and are not common (so Mezzos are less effective too). Kaemon can use his SA on the demons to bypass exoskeleton. And both hydras and Kaemon have multi-attack so not attacking much won't be a big problem.

I only have 5 units, but you only have 10 (and the mezzos aren't so good with all their powers negated).
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Hydra x3 - 360
Kaemon - 480
Marcu - 500
Templar Cavalry x3 (360)
Eltahale (140)
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Templar Cavalry x3 (360)
Eltahale (140)
Dreadghuls x4
Jotun
Isamu

My Raiders have numbers on your Templars, and are fast enough that you shouldnt be getting the charging bonus too terribly often. My army has bonding synergy, and Jotun is more than a match for eltahale. Isamu gets a bonus against your whole army, and is frail enough that the attack bonus to the templars doesn't really matter anyway

ScapeRaider is currently the only Marro Warrior...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by ScapeRaider; October 20th, 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:59 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Migol - 110
Dwarves x3 - 320
Krug - 440

Krug is incredible at melee hero killing and can deal with Jotun easily ! Since you don't have range he can come out no problem. He'll die pretty quickly though, so we have our second big hero killer : Migol ! With his one shield defense he is especially good against big hitters.

Alternatively if we start with the dwarves, they'll get a bonus against Jotun (they're fearless !), and Krug will easily finish the work. If he's alone against the Dreadgulls... I'm sorry for them.

Darrak is useful too, and if he's played well he could kill a lot of barbarians.
Old October 21st, 2013, 12:25 AM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Migol - 110
Dwarves x3 - 320
Krug - 440
Warriors of Ashra x6
Raelin RotV
Nakita Agents

Fly Raelin out to some high ground near your SZ, then throw warriors at the problem until it goes away.
The Nakita agents are there to give whoever has to counter this a harder time, because I'm a jerk

Old October 21st, 2013, 12:47 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScapeRaider View Post
Quote:
Migol - 110
Dwarves x3 - 320
Krug - 440
Warriors of Ashra x6
Raelin RotV
Nakita Agents

Fly Raelin out to some high ground near your SZ, then throw warriors at the problem until it goes away.
The Nakita agents are there to give whoever has to counter this a harder time, because I'm a jerk
Raelin-80 (Because we all love Raelin)
Red Wyrmlingsx7
Black Wyrmlingx7

Have fun as none of your defensive powers do diddly squat for you.

~Dysole, who might like Wyrmling armies a bit too much
Old October 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

Raelin-80 (Because we all love Raelin)
Red Wyrmlingsx7
Black Wyrmlingx7

~Dysole, who might like Wyrmling armies a bit too much
110 Manauvi
110 Varkaanan Greyspears
100 Varkaanan Quickblades
95 Arktos
80 Varkaanan Swiftfangs

All large - nuff said!

Note: It a sign of VC's acceptance by the Community that no one has posted an objection to including VC units in this thread, on the grounds that they are not "Classic" 'Scape.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Hmm how about this for a counter
Havechs x 4
Frost Giant of Morh
Lead off with the frost giant, engage as many as possible. Once down to about half life, start moving the havechs in, but leave enough order markers on the Giant that they can't ignore it. The eradicators outgun the wolves, and can go for the range attack if the battle starts getting worrisome.

Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sentinals of Jandar x3 (330)
Atalga the Kyrie Warrior (90)
Raylin the Kyrie Warrior

With no auto wounders, the Sentinals will be super hard to take down, especially with Raylin backing them. Dying swipe might bring down a few, but no one else in your army has the power. Atalga uses BoW on the giant, and that could be helpful if he kills him before getting to the other Kyrie.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:05 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Sudema (140)
Deathstalkers x3 (300)
Deadeye Dan (60)

Lead with Deathstalkers and Deadeye supporting. With Stalkers' speed and Deadeye's range, there's little hope of escaping their defense negating abilities. Aiming for your heroes first.Then bring in Sudema to make statues out of whatever remains.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post

Sudema (140)
Deathstalkers x3 (300)
Deadeye Dan (60)
200 Romans x 4
145 Azure Warlord
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa

The Romans and their 5 Attacks/Turn, with Me-Burq-Sa piercing their defense with Paralyzing Stare and the Azure Warlord smashing them with Furious Wrath, make short work of your Deathstalkers, clearing the way for the destruction of your weak, single Attack, heroes.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:45 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post

Sudema (140)
Deathstalkers x3 (300)
Deadeye Dan (60)
200 Romans x 4
145 Azure Warlord
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
495, 20 spaces

The Romans and their 5 Attacks/Turn, with Me-Burq-Sa piercing their defense with Paralyzing Stare and the Azure Warlord smashing them with Furious Wrath, make short work of your Deathstalkers, clearing the way for the destruction of your weak, single Attack, heroes.

"
This is exactly what the Romans need - a hard hitting tanker." ~ Wanderer999

My sentiments exactly.
I already PMd nyys to obtain one of these.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 23rd, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion