Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Nice skellies, Annerios! I found a bunch of loose (but not cheap... ) Dark World and Heroquest minis on Ebay a few months ago and the bundle included some DW skellies. They were set aside just for HEH's CoHT! Got to finish them up.
Those skeletons are mean looking and work well. They are made of a really hard plastic, though (almost like a model kit) so they were much harder to cut and pose. They adhere with the crazy glue a bit faster than the HS figures.

Skeletons are one of the easiest figures to paint, so they are fun to do.
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Ahh cool. Jason and the Argonauts was a fun movie. Thats some good detail on the stickers too. How did you make them?
Just shrunk down an image of the shield from the movie to a size small enough to fit the shield face and printed it on label paper. Cut out the circle and attach it to the shield.

It beats hand painting it, since I can't paint images that well anyway!
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Beautiful work, Annerios. The paint job looks great! A wonderful representation of the film (still a fav of mine). And the shield emblems are quite close to perfect. If ever HS comes out with skeletons, the figs will be VERY hard pressed to beat out what you've done here. And to be honest, the wash is how Su-Bak-Na's dragon should look!!

Okay... enough praise, already... heh... and yeah, now you need to go and repaint Su-Bak-Na's ride to match these!!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:48 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p

Beautiful work, Annerios. The paint job looks great! A wonderful representation of the film (still a fav of mine). And the shield emblems are quite close to perfect. If ever HS comes out with skeletons, the figs will be VERY hard pressed to beat out what you've done here. And to be honest, the wash is how Su-Bak-Na's dragon should look!!

Okay... enough praise, already... heh... and yeah, now you need to go and repaint Su-Bak-Na's ride to match these!!
Thanks, Hextr1p!

I probably should repaint that dragon. :P

To be fair, though, if they did all of the different shades of brown, yellow, off white, etc I used on these, those poor Chinese painters would never get done and it would take forever to get our hands on them.
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:56 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Here are some figures I just finished to use for Hex_Enduction_Hour's Children of the Hydra's Teeth Harryhausen inspired card:

They are slightly converted and painted Dark World skeletons.
These are way cool. As an old fan of Harryhausen's films (I have an autographed picture of him hanging in my studio) I really appreciate the fact that you went the extra mile to make the shileds have the same design. The great thing is these models look a lot like the skeletons from the film. Hmmm, I have the Dark World skeletons as well, you might have just inspired me to paint them. Great work!
Old June 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
ya, I'm gonna have to look at my Dark World skeletons closer, also.

Those look GREAT, and I love how they do inspire a Harryhausen scene recreation, as a big fan also.
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Whew! So much dust in here. . .
I have not posted here in ages.

Here are my Ninjas of the Northern Wind:

I thought they looked way too plain in just black and the faces on mine were just dabs of flesh paint.

I did some drybrushing with grey and a mix of blue/grey to make them look more like the ninja on the box art. I also painted the faces in properly and gave them eyes so they don't look like zombie ninjas.

I hope to start posting more images as I get back around to doing HS figure touch ups. The Nakitas are pretty bad, so I'll probably fix those up next.
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Neat black wash and I love the Violet mod

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old February 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Here are my Ninjas of the Northern Wind:
Awesome job. I was just thinking last night how flat and plain looking the ninjas are. I'll have to try to spruce them up like you did.
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:04 AM

dickflea Woo who?
Awesome mods man!!! keep up the good work.
Old April 25th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Master Custom Creator

I finally got my hands on a 2nd pack of Zombies, so I decided to do a little customizing to give the horde some variety. The originals are in the center and mods are to the left and right.

And the whole hungry group:

Old April 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Here are some figures I just finished to use for Hex_Enduction_Hour's Children of the Hydra's Teeth Harryhausen inspired card:

They are slightly converted and painted Dark World skeletons.
Where can you obtain some dark world skeletins?
They're Awesome!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions