Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I see two things I love here and I'd like to suggest a third (as someone likely to be a fan of this project and occasional commenter, so take it for what it's worth):

1) Not to be a crappy version of BoV. They've got the tourney scene covered, so let's do something else here.
2) The "archetypal" movie set maps where Superhero battles would likely take place - love it.
3) A little bit of cartography of the Marvel and DC Universe. C3G put out a Fortress of Solitude, Grundy's Grave, and Wayne Manor, but I think there's room for a lot more iconic things like that - Baxter Building, the Batcave itself (with the DnD stuff), Oa, the SHIELD Helicarrier, and so on. Give me the major destinations in either universe to go with those movie set maps and I'm a happy map user.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:15 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The batcave would be awesome. (may have to cut the orc off the t Rex and find me a large novelty penny. Thankfully a normal sized joker card would work perfectly.).
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have a huge novelty deck of cards, a dinosaur, and a giant nickel (couldn't find a penny) ... all waiting around somewhere for someone to give me a good Batcave to put them in.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I like everything that's been suggested so far. I think the archetypal locations is great - exactly what I'd want to do. I'm up for the specific locations as well - Batcave was honestly one of the first things I thought about the D&D set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
I like everything that's been suggested so far. I think the archetypal locations is great - exactly what I'd want to do. I'm up for the specific locations as well - Batcave was honestly one of the first things I thought about the D&D set.
I didn't buy three sets for the figures.

Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I agree that archetypal maps are what is needed in the community more than anything, and that doesn't mean that they can't have some optional special rules either.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:21 PM

I agree ... I like a map project that's all about theme (that's tested for balance/to avoid brokenness).

Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I agree ... I like a map project that's all about theme (that's tested for balance/to avoid brokenness).
You know me, I am not going to work on a project unless it is playtested. Playtesting is an absolute must!
Old February 23rd, 2010, 11:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I like all of your concepts Taeblewalker. Do you think that if we decided to form a collaborative map making group, that you would want our mission to be to create these "archetypal" maps? Because that is what I am looking for as well.
I would enjoy making it my mission. I also saw that many others are interested in these archetypes, so we probably will spread the wealth a bit. I am more partial to Marvel than DC, so perhaps someone else can lead the Batcave, Oa, Fortress of Solitude and Paradise Island projects. I would be more interested in the Savage Land, Blue Area of the Moon, SHIELD Helicarrier, and the more generic ones. I suggest making a formal list, then tallying how many want to be involved, and finally allocating projects to different people. The group can critique and offer advice on any given project.

The other thing worth considering is do we want to do anything besides the generic archetypes and named sites (Batcave, Savage Land, etc.)? I think these two categories cover it pretty well. If so, then we can have our lists and allocate the projects to members.

Marvel Sites
1) Savage Land
2) Baxter Building (basically a lab)
3) Castle Doom
4) SHIELD
5) Blue Area of the Moon

DC Sites
1) Oa (not sure how this what this would entail; perhaps the council chamber?)
2) Batcave
3) Fortress of Solitude
4) Paradise Island
5) Arkham Asylum

Generic
1) Desert mountains/Secret Research Base
2) City Park and Streets (could be Manhattan or Gotham)
3) Desert Island
4) Sewers
5) Snow-capped Mountain (like Mount Rainier)

Quote:
I agree that archetypal maps are what is needed in the community more than anything, and that doesn't mean that they can't have some optional special rules either.
I like special rules. I also like Doombots! We need plenty of them.

Old February 24th, 2010, 12:16 AM

Do we really want to make specific maps like the Batcave, the Fortress of Solitude, or the Danger Room? If we do specific maps like that, it will be more difficult to convince our selves latter to do a different version. What about just doing general maps like Arctic Redoubt? That map is clearly a Fortress of Solitude, yet anyone could build it and not feel like it is Universe specific, or feel pressured to put Superman in the game.

Thoughts?
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:42 AM

You could just number them ... Fortress of Solitude is a huge area ... so if you had "Fortress of Solitude I" then you could do a whole series if you wanted.
For Oa, I'd love to see some sort of representation of the central power battery.

Old February 24th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Do we really want to make specific maps like the Batcave, the Fortress of Solitude, or the Danger Room? If we do specific maps like that, it will be more difficult to convince our selves latter to do a different version. What about just doing general maps like Arctic Redoubt? That map is clearly a Fortress of Solitude, yet anyone could build it and not feel like it is Universe specific, or feel pressured to put Superman in the game.

Thoughts?

I can see making them more generic. The Baxter Building is really just a lab; Paradise Island is just some castle stuff with palm trees around it; and so on.

Marvel Sites
1) Savage Land Jungle with volcano
2) Baxter Building Science lab
3) Castle Doom Castle
4) SHIELD probably keep as such
5) Blue Area of the Moon - any lunar landscape, but not breathable unless it's domed over or something like the Blue Area

etc. for the DC stuff.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios