Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM

gniknomad has disabled reputation
Anubian's Unleashed Fury

Is the Anubian wolves "Unleashed Fury" a mandatory roll? The card says "before moving". I used to be of the impression that you could just "not move" and not have to roll if you did not want to. With the rulling for Cyprien's Chilling Touch that a figure may move 0 spaces; it makes it seem like the Unleashed Fury is mandatory. What do you all think?
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Yes every turn you activate them it's mandatory, I don't have anything official backng me up, but I know it for a fact.

EDIT: ed Meta
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
You NEVER have to use either of the abilities if you don't want to, unless it says YOU MUST like Kee-Mo-Shi's Toxic Skin. Even if you move.

Sorry Moorific... who knows, I may be wrong.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM

gniknomad has disabled reputation
I seem to have found something in the Heroscape.com faq that supports Moorific. This was concerning Kee-Mo-Shi:

Kee-Mo-Shi’s Toxic Skin states “After Attacking” does that mean that she can choose to not attack and she won’t have to roll for Toxic Skin (for example, if she has friendly figures adjacent to her)? Nice try! No, Kee-Mo-Shi will still have to roll for Toxic Skin even if she chooses not to attack. The note of “after attacking” is just to tell you where during your turn you “must” roll for it. Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking” it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack), it is only a note of when that special power would take effect during that figures turn. Kee-Mo-Shi always rolls for Toxic Skin.
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
You NEVER have to use either of the abilities if you don't want to, unless it says YOU MUST like Kee-Mo-Shi's Toxic Skin. Even if you move.

Sorry Moorific... who knows, I may be wrong.
Actually, Metaknight, you're wrong. Unleashed Fury is required. Besides, why would you forsake the ability? Then you're left with useless 1 attack wolves.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Unleashed Fury is NOT AN OPTION. It must be rolled after activating and before moving the Anubian Wolves. You must roll the d20 to see if one of your wolves is automatically destroyed, (with a roll of 1). That is why Khosumet helps the wolves by ensuring that no wolf will be destroyed by rolling for unleashed fury, (that is as long as he is still in play).
In addition it helps you determine your best and most logical placement of your figures by knowing what their attack value will be for that activation.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:27 PM

zettian_guard is surprisingly tart
Check out The Book of Anubian Wolves:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8426

When in doubt, consult the Books.

Old January 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
See, told ya' I can be wrong! I was going by reading something on this site that chilling touch was an option, like most other moves + I've been playing the wrong way apparently.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettian_guard
Check out The Book of Anubian Wolves:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8426

When in doubt, consult the Books.
Thank you for this post zettian_guard, it is sincerely appreciated.
I would have posted the same thing, but this particular question was not mentioned in the book,.............. but it is now!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight
See, told ya' I can be wrong! I was going by reading something on this site that chilling touch was an option, like most other moves + I've been playing the wrong way apparently.
Actually, Chilling Touch IS OPTIONAL! The card reads that Cyprien MAY perform Chilling Touch. It is Kee-Mo-Shi's Toxic Skin that is NOT OPTIONAL.

You've got to be careful when reading how and when a power is activated.

Old January 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Metaknight, this is off topic but do you realize that someone here already uses that Indiana Jones avatar?
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, he does. And Dragonfire has it too.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's