Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
When does a negation counter LEAVE the army card?
Does it stay there for the duration of the game? Or until all the units on that army card have been destroyed?

I ask because in the unique situation in which units are resurrected, when it is revived, does it still have the marker?

How would Morsebane work against common squads that are being brought back to life by, say, a Marrow Hive?
-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Disregard that second part. Morsbane only targets uniques, and the Hive only brings back commons squads.

Old August 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo
When does a negation counter LEAVE the army card?
Does it stay there for the duration of the game? Or until all the units on that army card have been destroyed?

I ask because in the unique situation in which units are resurrected, when it is revived, does it still have the marker?

How would Morsebane work against common squads that are being brought back to life by, say, a Marrow Hive?
Have you actually read Morsbane's power?

It specifically says the power is negated until the end of the game.
It also says that his power only affects unique figures, so common squads would not be affected. However the Hive, is a unique figure and negating it would eliminate the growing of new marro figures.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:50 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker
He might prove a good counter for Kato Katsuro - especially with ashigaru. That is, if he can ever get close enough to try.
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:11 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
He might prove a good counter for Kato Katsuro - especially with ashigaru. That is, if he can ever get close enough to try.
Theracus starting next to Acolarh lead by the Venoc Warlord could drop him in for the kill, er, negation...
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinche_guey
Theracus starting next to Acolarh lead by the Venoc Warlord could drop him in for the kill, er, negation...
Great, I have to draft 370 points to counter a 200 point unit. Just great. Plus, if the negation doesn't work, I'm screwed over.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:06 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
I use him mostly for defense. I've stopped my opponent from having Braxas storm over and wipe out my army just by having him.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Best Krug killa, period.
What's a Huge fig with 2 att die, 3 def, and 8 life? A sitting duck.
Old November 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
I'd like to mention something here about Morsbane. I think he's a good addition to a castle defending army. I just played an all elves and Theracus army against a Vydar agents / Braxas / Dund army. I had some hot dice rolls and managed to negate Braxas and kill Dund and a Krav Maga by rolling 20s.

Morsbane's biggest weakness is his low defense. Kept high on the castle walls with a defense bonus he can attempt to negate anyone who gets too close and have a chance of surviving longer. Sudema is great for this purpose as well.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old March 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Lord3 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
I'd like to mention something here about Morsbane. I think he's a good addition to a castle defending army. I just played an all elves and Theracus army against a Vydar agents / Braxas / Dünd army. I had some hot dice rolls and managed to negate Braxas and kill Dünd and a Krav Maga by rolling 20s.

Morsbane's biggest weakness is his low defense. Kept high on the castle walls with a defense bonus he can attempt to negate anyone who gets too close and have a chance of surviving longer. Sudema is great for this purpose as well.
I second that notion. I leave him back at the base to scare off evil-doers.

This sounds far fetched but Morsbane was vital in my LUCKIEST GAME EVER.

It was a 2v2 game on a rather large board (had to sit on the ground as there wasn't a table big enough). We rolled for teams, and it ended up me and another vet against 2 relative noobs. That was fine with them so we drafted armies (somewhere around 750 points as I recall... this was a BIG map 10 masters, 7 roads, 10 castles...) and began.

Morsbane had just recently come out and none of us had had a chance to play with him. Being a wizard I was intrigued but also noted his d20 roll was a bit tricky, so I left him in the base (in the window right above the door) and played other units.

The other team got initiative, and after some minor piece trade and squabbles in the central area, they were able to get Jotun near our fortress. Having nobody else readily available, I put a order marker on Morsbane to try and negate from the safety of the castle.

Sure enough, I rolled a 20 and the giant was no more. deceased. vanished.

My teammate and I were completely blown away by the amazing luck, and made enough noise to **** off the other guys even more (the just lost 225 points in one dice roll after all). With Jotun out of the way we had a few more options as to how we should continue.

They still had quite a few guys clumped at the start zone, but my opponent kept missing his rolls for the ABE to drop, so instead I started moving Saylind closer and closer and summing a trail of guys in his wake. By the time he made it close to the start location, it was just Saylind and Valgaurd faced with a ton of squads and Braxas while the rest of our team was catching up. Braxas was the only thing they had REALLY going for them at this point, and they had complete confidence in him based on all the hype.

I figured Morsbane had already done more than enough for the game and summoned him over just to sacrifice and buy more time to give the Q9 and others time to catch up.

I rolled for his negation and the damn dice landed on 18 but was slightly crooked because it landed on the board between hexes. Our opponents were nice guys and didn't DEMAND that I re-roll, but since it WAS crooked for the hexes, I offered to re-roll on a flatter surface. They said that would be good (I don't think they wanted poor Queen Braxas to become fodder just yet) and I re-rolled... ANOTHER 20!

I was cackling and laughing like an insane fiend. So was my partner. High fives and all the "Can you BELIEVE that just happened?!?!?!"

Needless to say, we destroyed what was left of them after that and they forfeited a few turns later. Morsbane ALONE took out 435 points worth of there "heavy hitters" and never even negated anyone. I realized that this was a ONCE IN A LIFETIME event, and quickly retired Morsbane. I realize that the numbers are running against him now and I can't rely on THAT little trick any more.

It was a big enough victory that as a downside, the two guys we defeated don't care for Heroscape any more.
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Morsbane

Possible to counter to Kato Katsuro?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Possible to counter to Kato Katsuro?
If a player were able to negate Kato's special power earlier on in gameplay, that would be pretty friggin' devastating to his opponent.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:38 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Suddenly Morsbane and Dund are a lot more scary.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units