Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 17th, 2016, 05:42 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
AotP - Hex Tile Scans!

Hey guys does anyone have the scans for the map tiles for AotP? Either Innistrad or the base set (Origins)?

I was thinking with at least one tile from innastrad that had road, water, and basic in addition to a weirded tile; we could start making customs maps.

These maps could be used for either AotP or even regular HS maps (to reduce tile count and build time). I intend to get this project started fully in the next month or so, but I figure I would drop the idea here to see if there is any interested parties who would want to help, or who had any other ideas about this process.

I was talking about the Cardboard Terrain Boards.

Link to AotP core set 1 boards below.

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 31st, 2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:27 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: AotP - Hex Tile Scans?

Since I am running a Cryptolith Map Contest I was thinking of making custom tiles in VirtualScape for the AotP mats black/wiered side and making every 48-hex mat in the original AotP and SOI sets as a separate heroscape map in hsc format that people can open (rotate if needed) and combine. The only thing we really need is a 3D scan of cryptoliths that VirtualScape can use. The best (or rather easiest) hack I think I can do is take either a fortress wall or rock outcrop and change the color on both 3D printout and map build to something unique.
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:05 AM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Since I am running a Cryptolith Map Contest I was thinking of making custom tiles in VirtualScape for the AotP mats black/wiered side and making every 48-hex mat in the original AotP and SOI sets as a separate heroscape map in hsc format that people can open (rotate if needed) and combine. The only thing we really need is a 3D scan of cryptoliths that VirtualScape can use. The best (or rather easiest) hack I think I can do is take either a fortress wall or rock outcrop and change the color on both 3D printout and map build to something unique.
Hmmm. Having set up a tool on Thingiverse to let you make Heroscape tiles with a custom hex face, it would be worthwhile to do the work to make face texture files for the AotP map hexes, so the AotP terrain could be extended into 3D. Time to dig out the boxes and my flatbed scanner.
Old October 18th, 2016, 05:24 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Cryptoliths shouldn't be too difficult to manually model, at least for VirtualScape purposes. It's a pity that the game is not for sale around here, and I can't import it for less than 50$.
Old October 21st, 2016, 09:32 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Not sure if I made this clear in the OP but I was refering to the large cardboard sheets, I noticed that they fit nicely on an 11 by 17" piece of paper.

I just scanned the (Battle tiles?, terrain boards?). They are currently only in PDF form but I figured that they could be useful. Here is the dropbox with them.

Last edited by japes; November 29th, 2017 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 29th, 2017, 11:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
Not sure if I made this clear in the OP but I was refering to the large cardboard sheets, I noticed that they fit nicely on an 11 by 17" piece of paper.

I just scanned the (Battle tiles?, terrain boards?). They are currently only in PDF form but I figured that they could be useful. Here is the dropbox with them.
Has anyone scanned in the other set of tiles. I'd like to get on of the back side. I'm going to create an urban environment on the back of the base set tiles.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Has anyone scanned in the other set of tiles. I'd like to get on of the back side. I'm going to create an urban environment on the back of the base set tiles.
Can't you just flip the front-sides? All you need is the shape, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

Can't you just flip the front-sides? All you need is the shape, right?
No, my issue is the girds and the grids (AKA hex tile outlines) are not symmetric so flipping them doesn't help. I've been experimenting with my own grid layer that I use for all my other projects in photoshop but I'd like the ability for it to match up with those official tiles if needed so my overly obsessive mind won't let me just deal with it as is. Ultimately I'm going to make a version for both sides for those with a lot of extra official maps so that you could cannibalize extras and have a city map mesh with the dirt/grass official ones for an edge of city or park in the city type map. I personally don't see me getting enough maps to have that ability but I'm sure someone out there has 20 sets and would consider gluing some custom skins over a few of their maps.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:43 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: AotP - Hex Tile Scans!

OK, but the other side doesn't have grid lines so I'm still confused.

Quote:
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:48 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
OK, but the other side doesn't have grid lines so I'm still confused.
Exactly, but the expansion set does have grids and that is what I'm looking for. I have the base set which doesn't have grids on the back and I'm wanting to create an urban city overlay to put on the "blank" back side of the base set so I can have two sided tiles.

Old December 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM

Ah, I see now! All I can get you is pictures. Will that help?

Quote:
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:04 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Ah, I see now! All I can get you is pictures. Will that help?
I think it would be hard to get a photo without any distortion. If it's my only option maybe I'll come back to you but I'm going to keep looking for other options. Maybe I'll be able to find the expansion locally for $5 like I did for the base game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion