Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 25th, 2015, 10:42 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

The Gang of Four will be playing Sherman Davies' Timewarp Square on July 1st.

TIMEWARP SQUARE

BACKGROUND
It's just another day in Times Square; at least, it is until a rift in spacetime opens up at 42nd and Broadway and figures from throughout the universe - past, present and future - pour through the opening and begin to wreak havoc! Alerted of the disturbance by the Baxter Building's early warning system, Mr. Fantastic arms his fellow heroes with "quantum clamps" that can be used to seal the rift and stop the invasion before the city is overrun.

GOAL & ARMIES
Players will be divided into two teams, superheroes and invaders. Each superhero player will draft a 600-point army made up of Sherman's Marvel or DC superheroes designs only. Each invader player will draft a 900-point army made up of cards from any Valkyrie general except Jandar. The last team with figures remaining in their armies wins.

MAP & RULES
There are no start zones in this scenario. Before the game begins, each invader player may place up to 200 points worth of his army anywhere on the battlefield. Subsequent invader figures enter the battlefield through the spacetime rift (represented by the lava field spaces) any time they take a turn or are otherwise moved. Superhero players enter the battlefield on any battlefield edge. Superheroes in this scenario are equipped with “quantum clamps” that can close the rift and stop the invasion. Any superhero on a rift space or on a space adjacent to the rift can work to close the rift instead of attacking. To do so, the superhero rolls three attack dice; each skull rolled inflicts a wound on the rift. The rift rolls no defense and has 20 Life. If the rift is destroyed, no further invader figures may enter the battlefield.

Last edited by kolakoski; June 26th, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

SHERMANSCAPE FOR JUNE: Timewarp Square

Thanks to Sherman Davies for a really interesting scenario this month, with a NYC Theme. We'll be "crossing the streams" (which you never want to do as a Ghostbuster) by putting Supers against C3V/VC. For those of you that don't recognize it, this is his version of Times Square in Manhattan.

In Game One, K. and I will be the good guys protecting midtown NYC. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be damage on the scale of the first Avengers movie! Comic Book Insurance Companies by now must have an Act of God/Superbeing Clause in their policies.

Chas Army (all Sherman Davies cards)

Wonder Woman 340
Raven 140
Sgt. Rock 120
Total: 600

Kolakoski Army (all SD cards)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 320
Iron Fist 150
Crossbones 130
Total: 600

For a little behind the scenes reveals, I note that K. and I do the most preplanning in our games, and enjoy playing as team mates so we can do pregame huddles. When we made our original Supers teams, we transferred 10 points from one of us to the other, which NYCG4 sometimes allows in team games. However, Sherm said he wanted us to keep to 600, so that for Game Two he can feel free to rejigger the sides among us. Since I love healers, thanks to K. for letting me take Raven from his original pick (I'd pointed out to him that she can heal both our figures).

I'll be working on a Classic/VC army (minus Jandar) for Game Two!

We've been planning farther ahead than usual this summer, since a couple of us revealed less extensive summer vacation plans this year--there's always a silver lining to every cloud.

June: ShermanScape as above
July: TaeblewalkerScape
August: KolakoskiScape (Progressive Supers Drafting)
September:
ChasScape
Old June 26th, 2015, 11:00 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Correct calendar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

June: TaeblewalkerScape
July: ShermanScape as above
August: KolakoskiScape (Progressive Supers Drafting)
September: ChasScape

Here is the map for Sherman's Timewarp Square:

The supers are the ones in need of insurance, if past Gang Classic/VC versus individual superheroes/villains teams are any indication. My Classic/VC army:

330 Minions x 3
210 Braxas
130 Emperor Andask
120 Torin
100 Atlaga

Last edited by kolakoski; June 26th, 2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:03 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

K.,

Which 200 points of your Classic/VCs would you place initially, and where?
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:40 PM

Well met!

There's the rub - it depends on what my ally has. My point divisions aren't the best for this. A squad of Minions on a the Grass hill near the Rift seems good.
Old June 26th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Looks fun guys. I can't wait to read your most excellent battle reports!
Old June 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Looks fun guys. I can't wait to read your most excellent battle reports!
Aw, I gotta write a battle report?

Here are the supers armies people have chosen:

chas

kolakoski

Sherman Davies

Taeblewalker

Old June 27th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Naw. You don't have to write a battle report. Chas and Well Met Mr. K always do that.

And hey! A Crossbones. I never saw your version of him. Is he new to the Shermanverse?
Old June 27th, 2015, 04:02 PM

Well met!

Now that our goings on are being recorded here, where we all have equal access, I think it is a great idea for the Host to write the battle report.
Old June 29th, 2015, 01:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
And hey! A Crossbones. I never saw your version of him. Is he new to the Shermanverse?
Relatively new, I guess - I think I finished him early last year.
Old June 29th, 2015, 03:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to see the map build instructions...looks like a nice map and not as large as the normally awesome maps you guys play on that I don't have the resources to build.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 29th, 2015, 03:19 PM

Japes,

Just got the map on the table. I myself didn't have enough black asphalt to build the map, so I substituted dungeon (light gray). This meant an overall increase in the East-West length by one hex, since I was using 24 hexers. I used the smaller amount of (black) for the concrete (white), since white doesn't make much contrast with light gray. Its a simple and elegant design. Sherman Davies can put together an interesting map faster than anyone else I know!

Last edited by chas; June 29th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion