Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Which Day Works Best for You?
Saturday, May 21st 3 50.00%
Saturday, June 4th 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
New England Tourney! May 21st: Green Mtn Montage II!

Come one, come all, to the second annual Green Mountain Montage!

When: It will be held either on Saturday, May 21st. The event will begin at 10:30AM, so please try to arrive by 10AM if you can. However, since it is a Rolling Rumble, coming late will have absolutely no penalty. If you are coming to help set up, we should be able to get into the church and begin setting up at 8AM. A half-hour warning will be called at 4PM, after which we will distribute prizes.

Where: First Congregational Church
880 Western Avenue
Brattleboro, VT 05354
Directions

What: This tournament is a Rolling Rumble, and each map includes some Wandering Monsters (explained below). Please read the link if you do not know how Rolling Rumbles work.

Army Conditions:
Everyone needs to bring at least 1 500-point army. You may bring up to 3 different armies. All official Marvel units are allowed, except Silver Surfer.

How it Works: The format is standard kill-em-all, and your record = your wins - your losses. On each map, there is either a preset hero or a few preset squads. These units are considered the Wandering Monsters of the map. During the game, you may choose to place any Order markers you wish on the Wandering Monster(s)' Army Card(s). When you reveal that Order Marker, you may take a turn with them as if they were in your army. Wandering Monsters are neutral figures, and are always opposing figures. Even when you are taking a turn with them, Wandering Monsters are never friendly, and you never control them (for power purposes). At the end of each game, record the total amount of Wandering Monster points you killed on the blackboard along with your current record. When calculating Wandering Monster points, wounding but alive heroes score you nothing and partial squads score you nothing. At the end of the day, if more than 1 player has the same record, Wandering Monster points will be used to determine who comes out on top.

Prizes and Fees: There will be a prize table at the event. It is not required, but you may bring a prize (preferably Heroscape or game related) for the prize table. At the end of the day, each person who brought a prize will pick a prize, with 1st place picking first, 2nd place picking second, and so on. If you bring a prize, you get a prize. If we have extra prizes, there will be a raffle and everyone will get one raffle ticket. There is a $5 entry fee for this event. Depending on the amount of people, if you come early to set-up, you may not have to pay the entry fee.

Maps:
All maps are competitive of course. Next to each map is the name of the person bringing the map or the terrain for it. The Wandering Monster(s) for each map will be kept secret, so be prepared for anything. If you are planning on coming early and would like to bring a map, please PM me. Any help you be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to suggest any maps you'd like.
Spoiler Alert!

Atendees:
* = maybe
1. Scapemage
2. Ollie
3. Jaiden *
4. LoboRocket
5. Jimmy
6. Lobo Friend 1 *
7. Lobo Friend 2 *
8. Nyys *
9. Bengi *
10. Green mtn Goblin
11. Warlordofthewolves
12. Drewman-Chu *
13. TomCollins2000
14. KellyMonster *
15. Mombo101

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Last edited by Scapemage; May 11th, 2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old April 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Green Mountain Montage II! Southern VT, Wandering Monste

Looks good! I'll be there, real life permitting (where I'm even willing to forego the if it ends up on 21st May).

Small points/questions:
  • Why ban Surfer and Capt America? If you're banning for strength (which I think is unnecessary) then Raelin (RotV) and rats should be on the list and maybe a bunch more whereas if you're banning for Marvel skewing the "normal" game then banning all units above 250pts (or some other number) seems more natural.
  • The other Wandering Monster tournament limited you to two order markers per round on the monster. Did you deliberately change this and/or have you playtested either way much? I can't see it making much difference but if there's a reason the other event went for this rule we should consider it.
  • I can bring maps and help set-up.
  • How are Wandering Monster points calculated? (Full card is probably easiest: you get the points for the killing blow a hero or for every full squad you destroy).
  • Why only ten spots?
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:07 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

There is no possible way May twenty-first will work for me so I'll go with June forth. I will come if it's the forth.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:15 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Looks good! I'll be there, real life permitting (where I'm even willing to forego the if it ends up on 21st May).

Small points/questions:
  • Why ban Surfer and Capt America? If you're banning for strength (which I think is unnecessary) then Raelin (RotV) and rats should be on the list and maybe a bunch more whereas if you're banning for Marvel skewing the "normal" game then banning all units above 250pts (or some other number) seems more natural. It is not power reasons per say. Silver Surfer is by far the best Marvel hero and outranked everyone easily, except Hulk. Through my own experience and others, 6 life with 7 defense, and either 4 attack with 11 move or 6 attack with 6 move and Order Marker removal is too much. After second thoughts, the Captain is back in the pool. And thanks for reminding me, I was already planning to ban Rats, Realin I, and Q9. I want everyone to have the most fun, and for me, my least fun games ever have included those units.
  • The other Wandering Monster tournament limited you to two order markers per round on the monster. Did you deliberately change this and/or have you playtested either way much? I can't see it making much difference but if there's a reason the other event went for this rule we should consider it. I will check it out. If they have a valid point, than it will be followed. Otherwise, I see no need for a restriction.
  • I can bring maps and help set-up. Sweet. I'll send you a PM sometime about it.
  • How are Wandering Monster points calculated? (Full card is probably easiest: you get the points for the killing blow a hero or for every full squad you destroy). I will add the fact that you only score point for a complete squad or hero killed (so, 1 odd squad figure scores you nothing and a wounding but not dead hero scores you 0).
  • Why only ten spots? I sent PMs to about 35 northeasterners just now. I;m not sure if some of them still play, but I suspect most of them do. 10 is a starting point.
Responses in red.

Old April 21st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Why ban Surfer and Capt America? If you're banning for strength (which I think is unnecessary) then Raelin (RotV) and rats should be on the list and maybe a bunch more whereas if you're banning for Marvel skewing the "normal" game then banning all units above 250pts (or some other number) seems more natural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
It is not power reasons per say. Silver Surfer is by far the best Marvel hero and outranked everyone easily, except Hulk. Through my own experience and others, 6 life with 7 defense, and either 4 attack with 11 move or 6 attack with 6 move and Order Marker removal is too much. After second thoughts, the Captain is back in the pool. And thanks for reminding me, I was already planning to ban Rats, Realin I, and Q9. I want everyone to have the most fun, and for me, my least fun games ever have included those units.
Noooooo... there's no reason whatsoever to ban Raelin/Rats/Q9. I only said that to illustrate why banning for power reasons was unnecessary.

Raelin, Rats and Q9 have all featured in some of my funnest tournament armies and there's no evidence whatsoever that they're overrunning the tournament scene in the northeast (unless you have some?). Don't buy into the false internet memes!

The valid case to ban some Marvel units, as I see it, is that playing the game with 250+ point heroes makes for a different experience than otherwise and so allowing Surfer/Abomination/Hulk creates a different game than without. Note that this entirely different to saying that these units are overpowered for their points.

Also, you can put me as definite. I'll give up my beer on the 21st: Scape and my own beer beat out even other people's free beer.
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Noooooo... there's no reason whatsoever to ban Raelin/Rats/Q9. I only said that to illustrate why banning for power reasons was unnecessary.

Raelin, Rats and Q9 have all featured in some of my funnest tournament armies and there's no evidence whatsoever that they're overrunning the tournament scene in the northeast (unless you have some?). Don't buy into the false internet memes!
Having fun with Q9 is not hard. Having fun with Raelin RoTV is not hard. Having fun with Rats is kind of hard, but not bad. Having fun against Q9 is kind of hard, but not bad. Having fun against Raelin in the right army is very difficult. Having fun against Rats is very difficult. So the Q9 ban is lifted. I'll have to seriously think about the Rats and Raelin bans though.

Old April 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Is a Quadradical

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:

Having fun with Q9 is not hard. Having fun with Raelin RoTV is not hard. Having fun with Rats is kind of hard, but not bad. Having fun against Q9 is kind of hard, but not bad. Having fun against Raelin in the right army is very difficult. Having fun against Rats is very difficult. So the Q9 ban is lifted. I'll have to seriously think about the Rats and Raelin bans though.
I enjoy playing against all of them.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:43 AM

jaiden Woo who?

maybe
Old April 22nd, 2011, 02:00 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Doh, I work every other weekend and you only picked dates I worked. One weekend before or after the dates chosen and I would be there.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Doh, I work every other weekend and you only picked dates I worked. One weekend before or after the dates chosen and I would be there.
Well, I didn't have teh 28th up because I thought that memorial Day weekend might not work for everybody.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

I hesitate to mention this, as it might make non-brattleboronians think we're strange (it makes me think we're strange, certainly), but 4th June is Strolling of the Heifers weekend. I believe the church we play in is one of the main points for the park and ride scheme.

Is this a problem?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I hesitate to mention this, as it might make non-brattleboronians think we're strange (it makes me think we're strange, certainly), but 4th June is Strolling of the Heifers weekend. I believe the church we play in is one of the main points for the park and ride scheme.

Is this a problem?
No, I don't belive it is. The parade is huge, yes, but when my grandmother, who helps at the church a tremendous amount and makes all of these possible, talked to the person who rents us the room yesterday, she said that both the 21st and the 4th are available. Oh, and Brattleborians sounds wierd, let's stick with Vermonters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events