Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Question about heights

My brother and I were playing a Heroscape game recently were I had Sarge SOTM and he had Wo-Sa-Ga. I moved Sarge onto a castle wall that was 10 levels high. My brother said that he could move WSG up and try coil crush on me. I said that he couldn't even attack me since her height was equal to the wall but Sarge's is medium 5. So I'm wondering, can my bro attack, or can't he?
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question about heights

Gota be taller than... not equal... to attack.
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

If the wall is 10 levels high, a figure with Range 1 would need to be at least Height 11 to attack a figure on top (ever since the 2nd run of SotM, the rule has been that way). Since Wo-Sa-Ga is only height 10, she can't attack Drake.

The height of the higher figure only comes into play if there is a ruin or other obstacle in the way, like a battlement- a Fyorlag spider (height 2) behind a battlement or RttFF wall can't be attacked by a range 1 attack from below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
If the wall is 10 levels high, a figure with Range 1 would need to be at least Height 11 to attack a figure on top (ever since the 2nd run of RotV, the rule has been that way). Since Wo-Sa-Ga is only height 10, she can't attack Drake.

The height of the higher figure only comes into play if there is a ruin or other obstacle in the way, like a battlement- a Fyorlag spider (height 2) behind a battlement or RttFF wall can't be attacked by a range 1 attack from below.
Fixed
Old November 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Gah. Yeah, that's what I meant. I was going to say something about SotM too, but got the sentence mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 10th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Don't forget battlements. They make the height of the wall 13 don't they?
Old November 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Don't forget battlements. They make the height of the wall 13 don't they?
No, the wall was kinda like a ruin, with only four wall pieces, and the battlements were on one side. WSG would have tried to attack me from the side without battlements.
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM

colnago is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
If the wall is 10 levels high, a figure with Range 1 would need to be at least Height 11 to attack a figure on top (ever since the 2nd run of SotM, the rule has been that way). Since Wo-Sa-Ga is only height 10, she can't attack Drake.

I understand the above but have a question.

If I have a figure (range 1) located 8 levels above the base of another figure (range 1) who has a height of 4.

Is the higher figure still able to attack the lower one? What if he were 30 levels above?
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM

colnago is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:

If I have a figure (range 1) located 8 levels above the base of another figure (range 1) who has a height of 4.

Is the higher figure still able to attack the lower one? What if he were 30 levels above?
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Quote:

If I recall engagemant is mutual. I know the lower figure is not engaged to the higher figure, so the higher is not engaged to the lower and since he has a range of 1 cannot attack.
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Range 1 figures have to be adjacent and engaged to attack each other. So, the guy at the bottom with height 4 would not be adjacent or engaged to the figure 8 levels above, so neither could attack the other.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:22 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Range 1 figures have to be adjacent and engaged to attack each other. So, the guy at the bottom with height 4 would not be adjacent or engaged to the figure 8 levels above, so neither could attack the other.
Exactly. If you wanted to attack the other figure, you would have to use a ranged attack (Make sure you have line of sight!). It acts just as if they're not engaged.

There is a difference between being Engaged, and adjacent. Usually you never apply it, but in a case like this you have to keep that in mind.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's