Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 2 updates 9

Thanks Rym and nyys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
That scenario reminds me a lot of a level in Vandal Hearts.
Never played it. Do tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Wow, that Marvel terrain with the lava surrounded by the towering cliffs looks awesome! It's giving me the itch to play some Heroscape!
Doesn't it?? I can't wait for the new terrain. I think the glacier repaints and shadow tiles, combined with asphalt and the lava terrain, will make some really amazing volcanoes!

I've got two multiplayer maps in the works and both are fairly unorthodox. Hope to have them posted by next week.
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

nice map nice beer who can ask for more

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Three levels. Split start zones (bottom and top levels).

The Huge figs can all make the climb around the spirals.

The big guys (sans dragons) can all fit in the middle and lower levels as well.

I've added a little ladder piece to the outside to help with stabilization but I don't think it's necessary anymore. Once the whole thing is up, it's pretty stable.

I'm still making minor balance changes to it, but the main build is complete and it's a tough one! I have 3 of every expansion and this uses nearly all of my castle, RotV, and road sets. It's really fun what you can do when you just pull out all the drawers and let your imagination go.
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- GIANT MAP 1

Holy crap!

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Nice. It is fun to just build. You've created something awesome there.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios

Canyon Run
by Luke C

This one uses a lot of terrain but if you've got it, it's worth it! Great for team play!

DOWNLOAD!

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:12 PM

Swog Bog

An update of my pre-Ticalla SotM map. Uses 1 MS and 1 SotM and 2 TJ. Intended for team tournament play.

DOWNLOAD!

Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:16 PM

Obsidian Overwatch

Deep beneath the volcanoes of Grut lies a twisting maze of traps, ladders, and passageways. And to one of these armies: the opportunity to arise from the caves at the enemy flank.

Build Notes: Everything here should be according to Hoyle. The ladders don't touch liquid and they come all the way down. The arches don't start with doors and the castle walls all have toppers.

Terrain Requirements: 2 Dungeon sets, 1 Marvel set, 2 lava sets, and 2 castle sets.

Special Rules: None, but feel free to enjoy the ladder jumping mayhem!

Objective: Terminate all opponents.

DOWNLOAD!

Old January 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 3 team maps

Acolarh's Trial

The Flagbearer's face twisted in frustration and he barked out the order to retreat. If he could lure Utgar's Minions back to his trap, he and his fellow wizards might just have a chance...

Build Notes: Uses 2 Dungeon master sets, 1 lava set and just a few castle pieces of a FotA castle set (no Castle Walk besides the required toppers). This map also features 2 fixed Erland (Summon) glyphs.

Special Rules: None.

Victory Conditions: Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Old January 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 3 team maps

Mines of Marr

"There is no other way," the viper pleaded,"The mines are dangerous, true, but they will take you around the Marro pits."
Sargeant Drake looked at Raelin and shrugged, "Dark. Hot. Cramped. High chance the little snake's setting us up for an ambush. What's not to like?"
He gave the order to move out.

Build Notes: Uses 1 Dungeon master sets, 1 lava set, 1 marvel set, and 1 road set. This map also features a fixed Thorian glyph.

Special Rules: None.

Victory Conditions: Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Like it? Hate it? Discuss it HERE.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 5 new MS ma

So...

Several of my 'new' maps are really updates to old maps. The 3 team maps are submissions for an upcoming DFW team tournament, while the new 2-player maps utilize the latest D&D Master set terrain.

There's really not a whole lot of terrain at all in the MS- about as much as the Marvel set. So building a quality map that uses just one proved to be too much for me. I had to add a bunch more to it. I though mixing the Marvel and Dungeon sets gave me a fair amount of terrain while still maintaining the black/white aesthetic. I really like how Mines of Marr turned out. With such a small map and a long central road, it's going to be melee-friendly. The Thorian glyph is a nice incentive to bring units together in the middle, but getting around behind the bridge walls isn't too tough and you've got some shadow tiles to help protect you along the way back there. There's places to hide to, and that's always a big plus.

Acolarh's Trial is a rework of Sonlen's Gambit, where I introduce a Fog Glyph. I needed 2 Dungeon sets to make this one the way I wanted it, and I think that worked out great. The summon glyphs give you a way to either pull up an opponent's cheerleader figure, or get your own double-spaced threat up top quickly. However, due to their placement it's possible for your opponent to get close and foil your attempts.

I toyed with the idea of putting some of your starting zone up top and taking out the glyphs, but the Summon glyphs are so fun and I would hate for one guy to win Init and be able to have his strongest units up top right off the bat. This way, if you want the heights you have to spend the OM's to get there, or dive for cover in the lower area. I'm particularly fond of the way the lower 'underground' area turned out. I love mixing liquid tiles together.

Luke C designed the Canyon Run team map and we both tweaked it after playing quite a few games on it. (It looks much different now than it did originally!) The glyphs and canyons draw play to the middle zone, but if you want to get your double-spaced folks up top, you've got a protected means to do so. The roads pull you to the left and the fact that they don't connect all the way around is purposeful. On the games we played, there was a great deal of both vertical and horizontal position battles. The strong glyphs in the middle can dictate a lot of gameplay. (I love fixed glyphs if you couldn't tell!)

The update to Swog Bog needed to happen. I created it before the Ticalla Jungle sets were released so it needed some revision love.

Finally, the team version of Obsidian Overwatch is one of my favorite maps I've ever done. Just look at that! Glorious! Anyway, I love the look of the lava and dungeon terrain together. Throw in some ladder jumping, lots of cover, lots of road, and some low-ground shadow tiles with glyphs on them and you've got a recipe for disaster.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 5 new MS ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
"There is no other way," the viper pleaded,"The mines are dangerous, true, but they will take you around the Marro pits."
Sargeant Drake looked at Raelin and shrugged, "Dark. Hot. Cramped. High chance the little snake's setting us up for an ambush. What's not to like?"
He gave the order to move out.
Somebody's been watching the LotR trilogy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
There's really not a whole lot of terrain at all in the MS- about as much as the Marvel set. So building a quality map that uses just one proved to be too much for me. I had to add a bunch more to it. I though mixing the Marvel and Dungeon sets gave me a fair amount of terrain while still maintaining the black/white aesthetic.
Yep - It's more than Marvel but still well short of SotM, which was already a tough set to work with. I'm hoping that the BoV judges will consider Marvel+D&D as a single master set for this reason.

I used a very similar set of terrain (just without RttFF) for Lava Fountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios