Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- 1 Last Map

I liked my edit so much I changed it again. Sorry. Last time, I promise!

(This is why I never go back and tinker with maps...I could change them all day...)
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:24 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sonlen's Gambit

"The Archmage's face twisted in frustration and he barked out the order to retreat. If he could lure Utgar's Minions back to his trap, he and his fellow wizards might just have a chance..."

Build Notes: Uses 1 RotV master set and 1 FotA castle set. This map also features 2 fixed glyphs. Also: according to Hoyle, I absolutely positively MUST have wall-walk tiles on top of my pillars or the map is horribly and irrevocably broken and doesn't work at all. In my experience however, the big 24-hex rock tiles are strategically placed to fit just fine on there, especially when you attach the ladders. But obviously I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about.

Special Rules:

Fog Glyph: The glyph of Brandar produces a "fog" effect. While a figure stands on this glyph, all figures are considered to have no visible hit zones. *** Remember, "an attacking figure does not need line of sight to attack a figure it is engaged with or adjacent to". (Swarm of the Marro rulebook, Page 11) ***

Wind Glyph: This glyph functions normally except that while the Wind Glyph is active, the Fog Glyph is considered inactive.

Victory Conditions: Terminate your opponent.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by Velenne; November 12th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- updated 11/

I got bit by a bug. A mapmaking bug. Where did that come from??
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Fog Glyph: The glyph of Brandar produces a "fog" effect. While a figure stands on this glyph, all figures are considered to have no visible hit zones. *** Remember, "an attacking figure does not need line of sight to attack a figure it is engaged with or adjacent to". (Swarm of the Marro rulebook, Page 11) ***
There's no glyph yet that starts with 'f' right? This one should be official!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:32 PM

I agree. The way the glyph of Thorian is written is a travesty to me.
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been looking at a lot of maps, and thinking of making a lot of maps lately, and I'm always thinking of how to make them more playable with melee armies vs the ever present range. This Fog glyph you have made has kept popping in my head, and it seems to be the perfect solution to the range dominance. I am going to start using it frequently.

Great maps too, but really love that glyph!
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I've been looking at a lot of maps, and thinking of making a lot of maps lately, and I'm always thinking of how to make them more playable with melee armies vs the ever present range. This Fog glyph you have made has kept popping in my head, and it seems to be the perfect solution to the range dominance. I am going to start using it frequently.

Great maps too, but really love that glyph!
Hey I just saw this. Thanks for the kindness, A_Train!

I've always wondered why there was never a fog glyph. My guess is there's too many complications with various Special Powers.
Old April 12th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Scenario Update:

Yesterday a few friends and I got together for the first time in months to play some Scape! We purposely wanted to avoid the traditional fare so we broke out some old scenarios!

An old favorite was "Zombie Island", a scenario inspired by an old Annerios thread and my love for "Last Night On Earth". I decided it was time to polish this one and hammer down some solid rules. There may well still be some holes and slight balancing to be done, but I'm pretty proud of the final product.

Quote:
Teams of mercenary adventurers have been lured by the Portable Rain-Blocking Device Corporation to investigate the small Pacific island of Morindan, previously the sequestered home of a secret research facility. No word has come from the island in over a month and a previous team of investigators has not returned. The Corporation has offered a large cash incentive to the team who brings back information which allows them to piece together the mystery of Morindan Island.

Teams will arrive by boat to the island and race to find the information and return home safely before whatever befell the scientists and engineers befalls them as well.
So if you like zombie survival horror, be sure to try out ZOMBIE ISLAND!
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:58 PM

Re: Velenne's Tournament Maps and Fun Scenarios- updated 4/1

Surprisingly, I've had a few ideas for unusual maps. R˙chean's to blame for telling me I probably had a few more good ideas up in my head. I can't speak to them being good, but they're ideas anyway.

One is a tundra map which balances some 7-hexers on top of the small glaciers. I've built it and it works but I've yet to playtest it. Each side starts with a well-protected Thorian glyph near his starting zone.

The second takes my idea with Sonlen's Gambit a step further. It's bi-level, uses legal ladder jumping, and your start zones are split 70/30 between the top and bottom levels respectively. You start close to each other but across a lava rock field.

The third takes this ladder jumping over lava one more step. It uses 2 VW's and 2 FotA's along with a RotV, but only uses a few bits of each set. The results are pretty interesting.

Once I get a few games on them I'll finalize their pdf's and give them proper uploads.
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Some nice scenarios, Velenne. I like the multi-level start zones. I tried that once with a TT / Castle / RotV build and it was a lot of fun. I do hope interesting scenarios like these get embraced by the community and perhaps, one day, we will see something like these at one of our wacky tournaments.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:15 PM

Dzu-Teh Drift

Crossing the drift presents an army with two options: brave the dark caves and their ravenous denizens or the howling winds and icy slopes above?

Terrain Requirements: 1 Rise of the Valkyrie set and 2 Thelenk's Tundra sets.

Build Notes: There are two ways to build this map. The hard way is to build it like a normal map based on a Virtualscape file which is one level at a time. The easy way would be to build up to level ice tiles on level 7, then build the entire bridge (levels 7-11) separately and attach them as a single unit to the map on top of the glaciers. Once in place, they rest snugly.

Special Rules: The two glyphs of Brandar serve as proxies for glyphs of Thorian. Use normal rules for the glyph of Thorian when a figure is standing on a glyph of Brandar.

Objective: Terminate all opponents.

DOWNLOAD!

Last edited by Velenne; September 19th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Obsidian Overwatch

Deep beneath the volcanoes of Grut lies a twisting maze of traps, ladders, and passageways. And to one of these armies: the opportunity to arise from the caves at the enemy flank.

Build Notes: Everything here should be according to Hoyle. The ladders don't touch liquid and they come all the way down. The arches don't start with doors and the castle walls all have toppers.

Terrain Requirements: 1 Rise of the Valkyrie set, 2 lava sets, and 2 castle sets.

Special Rules: None, but feel free to enjoy the ladder jumping mayhem!

Objective: Terminate all opponents.

DOWNLOAD!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios