Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old March 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow AliasQTip's Terrain Discoveries

AliasQTip’s Terrain Discoveries

When I go shopping these days I often find myself wandering in the toy isles looking for playthings I can turn into fun HeroScape terrain or custom figures. I figure it gives me something to do while waiting for Wave 9 to come out. This thread contains a few of the things I found and felt the need to share. All of them can be use right out the package with little-to-no modification. Enjoy.

Index of Posts:

Last edited by AliasQTip; June 3rd, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 11:57 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Delta Force: Military Play Set

Delta Force: Military Play Set (approx. $2.75)

A few days ago, while shopping at Wal-Mart, I came across a package of plastic army men in the ultra-cheap novelty items section. The package, entitled “Delta Force: Military Play Set”, is produced by the Imperial Toy company and contains a bunch of poorly cast plastic soldiers. I really wasn’t too impressed by the quality of the figures but I just had to have the two sandbag bunkers also included in the package. Actually this play set has a few things that can be used for HeroScape terrain.

Bunkers (x2):

This is the reason I bought this set. These half-circle sandbag bunkers are just the right size and height to fit nicely onto HeroScape terrain. They are just shy of three hexes tall, cover four hexes of terrain, and encircle a single hex. I think they look okay right out of the package but would really pop with an ink wash. When playing with the bunkers I give the figure inside a +2 defense bonus for ranged attacks.

Barbwire Fences (x2):
Not a great looking item but could be very functional on the board. The barbwire fence walls are exactly four hexes tall and can cover two or three hexes of terrain depending on how they are used. House rules state that barbwire fences can only be bypassed by flying figures.

Flags (x2):
I think these flags come standard with most army men sets. The flag is 13 hexes tall and the base mostly covers two terrain hexes. I’ve already taken it upon myself to make a set of HeroScape General Flag Stickers so you can easily customize the flags for the armies of your choice. There’s even a blank image in the ZIP file so you can make your own. The bases could even be used as a terrain obstacle themselves if you desired.

Sandbag bunker and barbwire in play.

Last edited by AliasQTip; March 14th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Animal Planet: Safari Mountain Playset

Animal Planet: Safari Mountain Playset (approx. $11.00)

This set I found a Toys R’ Us. I tried to tell myself I was buying it for the kids but secretly all I wanted was the African Acacia tress. This was long before the creation of the Ticalla Jungle expansion and I had no other trees than those found in the Forgotten Forest expansion set.

Trees (x4):

The set comes with four Acacia style trees; the quality of which, I feel, is on par with the trees found in the Forgotten Forest (although they could probably use a dark ink wash). Each tree stands 10 hexes tall and the base almost completely covers a single hex. The wide leafy branches work well a line-of-sight blockers and I often place them near castle walls to provide cover for those below. The one drawback is that they are a little top-heavy. I have considered mounting the trees to spare single-hex terrain pieces but don’t really want to mess up my precious terrain. If you decide to do so, a single screw upward into the trunk of the tree would probably do the trick.

Boulders and Mountain:
I didn’t do much with these items. There is a wealth of opportunity for some creative person to perhaps carve up the plastic mountain to make rock formations - but not me. There is a flat bottomed boulder that could be used as a terrain obstacle. It's still in my box of HeroScape stuff but I don’t think I’ve ever used it. Maybe you will.

Instant custom trees in play.

Last edited by AliasQTip; March 14th, 2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old March 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AliasQTip's Terrain Discoveries

Cool ideas...I find myself doing the same thing

I also find myself wandering through Michael's arts and crafts.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM

glenn knows what's in an order marker glenn knows what's in an order marker glenn knows what's in an order marker

I gotta find those trees. I really like them. Don't
forget to go through your neighbors recycle pails!
Yup' Im a picker alright. I got two awesome sections
of white styrofoam from an old VCR box this mourning
Old March 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I've looked at that set, too. Glad to know it works. Buy your kids something else and customize that cliff-face. That thing has major AE potential.
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I believe SkyKnight uses those trees

PS: I have been working with a confirguration to put hexes on this Big Tree from this kids game called Jumpin Monkeys.

It's on sale at FunAgain games for $8.95

http://www.funagain.com/control/prod...duct_id=012561

Last edited by Onacara; March 14th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I believe SkyKnight uses those trees

PS: I have been working with a confirguration to put hexes on this Big Tree from this kids game called Jumpin Monkeys.

It's on sale at FunAgain games for $8.95

http://www.funagain.com/control/prod...duct_id=012561
Wow it's even got spaces already on the branches!
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:34 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, I have that army men set! I've played around with fitting them on hexes a lot myself, but I never thought they looked good. I'm still wracking my brain for what I can do, other than a simple wash, to make them look great. Maybe I could paint them like stone?
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Maybe I could paint them like stone?
Stone sandbags... brilliant!
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Maybe I could paint them like stone?
Stone sandbags... brilliant!

Well if you had them you would see that they look more like stones than sandbags....but I guess I am expecting too much..right?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:27 PM

Pirate Ghost Ship Playset (approx. $12.00)

You might be able to find this playset at your nearest Michael’s arts and crafts store. It has a couple of goodies that work nicely as HeroScape terrain. I was disappointed that the cannon displayed on the tube wasn’t inside! I really wanted that cannon. Oh, well.

Boxes, Barrels, and Chests (x2 Each)

These containers look great on HeroScape terrain and can be used as line-of-sight/movement blockers or even as mission objectives. Each fits nicely onto a single-hex.

Pirate containers in play with a Marvel flair.

Palm Trees & Skeleton Warriors

The set also contains some lower quality palm trees, skeleton warriors, pirates, dinghy boats, and a fort. The palms might add to the variety of flora in a Marro Swamp. I was thinking the skeleton warriors might make cool customs. Granted they don’t match HeroScape scale, but who said they couldn’t be GIANT AZTEC SKELETON WARRIORS! If anybody decides to make a custom with these figures, post it here, please!

Last edited by AliasQTip; June 3rd, 2009 at 06:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles