Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of MacDirk Warriors

They just need the right motivation and the right leadership. Oh, and bag-pipes. They need to pipes to fight well. And haggis. You have to eat haggis if you're going to play the MacDirks. Chewing oatmeal cooked in a sheep's stomach can really improve your melee' game.
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:06 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

An ye 'afta speek li' a Scot. 'At usually werks teu.

(Actually, I have had a couple times where my Ashigaru Harquebus fight better if I tell them to shoot in Japanese)

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:32 AM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

(Actually, I have had a couple times where my Ashigaru Harquebus fight better if I tell them to shoot in Japanese)
Aye, I was speekin li' a Scot ma' an' it did no'in.

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old November 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

KoW x2
MacDirk Warriors x2
Raelin
Alistair
Total: 490

This hurts a lot. It's very simple strategy; lead with the KoW and Alistair then when Alistair takes 3-4 wounds (depending on what your fighting) have him retreat leaving the KoW scattered where ever messing up your opponents movement. After that send in the MacDirk Warriors for cleanup. Everything is done using Raelin where she is needed.

I haven't lost yet! (At home.)

EDIT: OK i lied; I hate Isamu.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In most of my casual games I use Eldgrim, the MacDorks, Gilbert and Finn/Thorgrim at home, with Eldgrim as the champion since I don't have Alastair and I can start the MacDorks off with 4 attack.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:50 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post

On the official HS site, they say that yelling "HULK SMASH" enhances your skull rollage.
Old November 26th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I've had good results using Sir Gilbert with a couple sets of Knights and one set of MacDirks. The idea being that you primarily advance with your knights, but use Jandar's Dispatch to keep the MacDirks relatively close. Gilbert and the knights are too tough to ignore, so the MacDirks actually have a chance to get to the middle of the action without getting shot. Then they sort of act like special forces, taking out any units that the Knights just can't kill with a base 3 attack.
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

I have a rules question that wasn't covered in the downloadable FAQ or the Books. I was thinking it would be better if it was answered here instead of starting a new thread. This is probably a stupid question but do the MacDirk Warriors still get the attack bonus for wounds on a destroyed hero. I killed my opponent's Alastair and he thinks he would still get the bonus. I don't. Who's right? It would be nice to know as we are in the middle of a game right now. Thanks.
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Once the champion is destroyed, the attack bonus ends. That's one of the great weaknesses of the MacDirks.
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the help. We weren't sure as the 2nd Edition Master Set Rules didn't say that you remove wound markers from destroyed units. In fact, there is a picture of Syvarris in the rulebook with his figure on his card and the four wound markers still on it. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ. It also wasn't covered in this thread, nor were there any threads related to this issue in the Master Index of Figure-Based Threads. This might have been covered in the 3rd edition rules. I should have checked there. Again, thanks for the help.
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

The card specifies that the bonus only lasts "While that champion is in play." That's where reading the card helps.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old November 30th, 2008, 09:36 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Once the champion is destroyed, the attack bonus ends. That's one of the great weaknesses of the MacDirks.
I still love them. Optimize your hero's potential, but after two or three wounds, retreat, protect, etc. It's a fun squad. I often use Sir Gilbert instead of Alastair due to the potential movement bonus, potential extra attack and stronger staying power. Thematically, Alastair is better in my book.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units