Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 24th, 2008, 09:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: nyys map thread *10-23-08* *index pg1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Far from it. I like open spaces. Yet there is enough cover/defensive bonus. My biggest complaint would be the strops of land on the other side of the water by the starting zones probably won't see too much use.
Originally I had water going all along the outside of the startzones, but then I added the small paths on the sides so that there wouldn't be a bottleneck trying to get everyone out thru the front (if/when I get to play on it, those are areas I plan to keep and eye on).

Thanks scottishlad5 and Sokol, but not you Bengi, you'll probably beat me on it.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: nyys map thread *10-23-08* *index pg1*

And I hate water-made bottlenecks (well, of any kind), so it was a good idea.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:36 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: nyys map thread *10-24-08* *index pg1*

Bunker Bog Download PDF
1 RotV*, 1 SotM, 1 FotA, 1 TJ

This map was built with the 2 vs 2 team tournamnet (Chaos in the Capital II) being run by Uprising in January 2009, in mind.

As of this time the tourney parameters are 700pts (350 per teammate) and 30 start zone spaces (15 per teammate).

Shown on the map are possibilities for three distinct start zones per side. This map can also easily accommodate a 'normal' 1 v 1 match with the usual 24 hex start zone (use the 24 hex swamp piece on each side).

*Technically two RotVs are needed since I used the small ruin on each side, but the large ruin can be used in its place easy enough.

Old October 26th, 2008, 03:37 AM

Re: nyys map thread *10-26-08* *index pg1*

Burning Islands Download PDF
1 Lexan Water Mat, 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 2 VW

The Lexan Water Mat serves as the base of the map, otherwise it would take 34 water hexes. To learn more about Lexan Mats send a PM to Cavalier.

Pics added 11/22/08:

Last edited by nyys; November 22nd, 2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old October 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like this one too.
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Oooh, I like Burning Islands! Nice theme, nyys! Very, very nice!

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old October 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Burning Islands looks fantastic. Good stuff!
Old October 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM

Thanks guys. I think the use of the Lexan Mats can really open things up for tournament maps and stay within the guidelines of the BoV. I hope the BoV judges give them a chance.

Old October 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Re: nyys map thread *10-27-08* *index pg1*

Exploding Wilderness Download PDF
1 SotM, 1 TJ, 1 VW

Old October 30th, 2008, 12:06 AM

Re: nyys map thread *10-29-08* *index pg1*

Volcano Island Download PDF
3 RotV, 5 VW, 2 TJ

Scenario:
Two opposing forces have been shipwrecked on an island with an active volcano. Escape from the island can only be secured if a craft is built,
but neither side of the island has enough materials for construction. Therefore, both sides must go through the other in order to collect enough lumber to make a dash back into the ocean.

Mission:
Obliterate your enemy in order to take all the island's spoils.

The Catch:
The volcano that makes up most of the island and sits at its center is about to errupt. Start the game with molten lava tiles only at the top of the volcano, the # 1s (place water tiles on the gound level where an empty space would be left without the molten lava). Each time after both sides have played a same numbered order marker, place molten lava tiles on the board in number order as pictured on the map.

Example: Round 1, both sides play their #1 OM. Place #2 molten lava tiles. Round 1, both sides play their #2 OM. Place #3 molten lava tiles.
Etc...

Optional:
Molten lava always flows down, and sometimes has more than one route it can flow. Roll a die to decide which route it will take (as long at the
multiple options are either same level or lower level than the current molten lava tile). Beware where you place your figures, you may get
burned.

Old October 30th, 2008, 03:30 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Burning Islands and Volcano Island both reminded me of this... the 2nd greatest board game of all time...
Old October 30th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Burning Islands and Bunker Bog look awesome. While the water can be a hindrance on Burning Islands, the single row of hexes makes it bearable. Exploding Wilderness kind of looks wierd since it doesn't look like the lava is "part" of the map.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios