Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 14th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation
Re: Sports: NFL

Favre's pretty good, but he's no Tony Romo. Ok, that's sarcastic, but with Brady out I think that Tony Romo will have the best season of any QB this year. Peyton's team is banged up with Harrison slowing down and Dallas Clark hurt, and I don't see Favre putting up the numbers he did last year with the receiver in NY (not that they're bad, but I think GB was more talented). With that said, I'm predicting Cowboys to go 14-2 this year given the talent they've added to their 13-3 team and the beatdown they put on Cleveland (a team that had won its last 7 home games---and although Cleveland had some injuries, Dallas was missing its best CB, too). And then hopefully after the season is over the Cowboys will have the most SuperBowl wins of any team (not counting pre-superbowl championships). Don't hate on me for giving my 'Boys some love, its been a rough decade since the Triplets were winning their titles.

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillinator View Post
Favre's pretty good, but he's no Tony Romo. Ok, that's sarcastic, but with Brady out I think that Tony Romo will have the best season of any QB this year.
He does have the most fabulous uniform.

Old September 14th, 2008, 12:54 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, my picks are as follows:

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys- All around solid team that I like.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals- Probably should have picked the Seahawks, but this is probably my least favorite division, so I picked a wildcard for fun.

NFC North

Minnesota Viking- Quite possibly the best rushing offense/defense team in the league, and also my favorite NFC team.

NFC South

Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Not one of my favorite teams, since I prefer the panthers, but are probably more likely to win their division.

AFC North

Cleveland Browns- I have a feeling that, with the new improvements such as former Patriot's Dante Stallworth, these guys could really shine in the AFC.

AFC South

Indianopolis Colts- Not only do I like this team, but they are a total powerhouse stable. Too bad I also like the Titans and Jaguars...

AFC West

San Diego Chargers- Look out for these guys and the Colts to be the top two AFC teams.

AFC East

New England Patriots- My favorite team in the entire league. It makes me sad that Tom Brady is likely out for the season, and I almost cried when I heard them lose on the car radio. And I can empathize with them on a personal level for reasons that I cannot tell on this sight.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Alright, I'm going to have to formally change my picks here.

NFC East- Cowboys-This is a tough one. The Cowboys (argh) will be good, But I'm liking the Eagles right now. The Giants will be lucky to get a wild card, and there's not much to say about Washington.

NFC North- Packers/Vikings- It all depends on 2 things. One, will Rodgers have a decent season? And two, will the Vikings pass coverage get better? (Okay, 3 things) Plus, will Tarvaris Jackson improve? This division is still up in the air.

NFC West-Seahawks- Not a hard one. Seattle will be good as always, and the rest of the division sucks.

NFC South- Panthers/Buccaneers- This is tough. I think Tampa will still compete, but the Panthers (particularly, Jake Delhome) impressed me last week. Plus, the rest of the division will create problems for these two.

AFC North- Steelers- I think the Steelers will win again, but I bet that Cleveland gets a wild card.

AFC West-Chargers- Not a difficult choice, but the Chiefs didn't look that bad against the Pats (though the Pats are without Brady)

AFC South- Colts/Jaguars- It's all going to come down to, will Manning get ready in time? If not, Jacksonville will have an easy victory.

AFC East- Jets- Now, you need to take this with some bias. (Me being a Packer fan and all) With Brady gone, the Pats will still compete, but they were reallly built around him. I think the divsion is wide open, and I think that the Jets made the right trade at the right time. I think Favre's going back to the playoffs.

(Yes nyys, I messed up. That's what editing is for.)

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...

Last edited by Ty the Awasome; September 14th, 2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:37 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Um the Chargers aren't in the AFC East, not are the Jets in the AFC North.

I understand the Pats are worse off without Brady but they'r still a very good team, and I still see them taking the division pretty easily. The play-offs are another thing completely, but the regular season will still be a success for the Pats.

You need to watch them week in and week out to know that they are not completely lost without Brady.

As for Favre on the Jets, sure he makes them better, but how much better? I've come to compare Favre to the Red Sox Tim Wakefield (if you follow baseball), when his knuckler is going good he's dominating, but when it's off he's outright terrible which basically gives him a pretty consistent .500 record thru an entire season.

I see the Favre the same way, when his ridiculous no look passes are finding his teammates then you can't do much to stop him, but when those bad passes (and they are bad passes even if they go complete) turn into interceptions that when his team gets destroyed.

-insert signature here-
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are my pick's!

AFC East
Patriots- Even without Brady, their still a great team.[Even though I don't like them.]

AFC North
Steelers- One of my favorite teams, they always do well in their division.

AFC South
Jaguars- After seeing how the have been playing so far today, I think these guys have a good chance at going all the way.

AFC West
Broncos- These guys have been very consistant in how they play, and i can only hope that they get far.

NFC East
Giants- After their super bowl win, I don't think anythings going to cool this team down soon, and am thinking that their going to do pretty well this year.

NFC North
Bears- these guys do pretty well every year, and I don't think that will change this year.

NFC South
Panthers/ Saints- It's a toss up for me between these two teams, I just can't tell which is better!

NFC West
Seahawks- My other Fav team, they do well each and every year, and that's not going to change.

Ones to keep your eyes on... Jaguars, and Broncos!

Superbowl Picks
VS

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Wow, the Panthers got lucky...the Bears blew it big time...I'm not discrediting the Panthers because they still had to capitalize on the Bears mistakes in order to win, but wow, Greg Olsen really needs to learn how to hang on to the football. Without those fumbles it's a completely different game..
Old September 14th, 2008, 04:54 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. Talk about an exciting game! Packers beat Lions 25-48. Lions were ahead 25-24 at one point and I really thought they would win. Packers scored a field goal but that put them only two points ahead. Then the interception which lead to a touchdown, putting it at 25-34. I was happy enough after that, but then the Packers scored two more touchdowns! What a game! Even though I want him back, it's nice to know that we can play like this without Favre.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good gravy my COLTS wish to give me a heart attack.

Do you realize they were playing 3 rookies on the offensive line!? Craziness I tell you.

Great win. Now to get those evil jaguars.

GO COLTS!
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post

I understand the Pats are worse off without Brady but they'r still a very good team, and I still see them taking the division pretty easily. The play-offs are another thing completely, but the regular season will still be a success for the Pats.

You need to watch them week in and week out to know that they are not completely lost without Brady.

As for Favre on the Jets, sure he makes them better, but how much better? I've come to compare Favre to the Red Sox Tim Wakefield (if you follow baseball), when his knuckler is going good he's dominating, but when it's off he's outright terrible which basically gives him a pretty consistent .500 record thru an entire season.

I see the Favre the same way, when his ridiculous no look passes are finding his teammates then you can't do much to stop him, but when those bad passes (and they are bad passes even if they go complete) turn into interceptions that when his team gets destroyed.
Hate to quote myself... who am I kidding I like to listen to mysef read... What?

Anyway, yes only two games in, but I wasn't all that far off in how I thought this game could/would go. I think if Cassel and the offense had a bit more experience togther then this could have been a blowout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post

Do you realize they were playing 3 rookies on the offensive line!? Craziness I tell you.

GO COLTS!
I think the Colts were very fortunate to escape Minnesota with a win. Eh, an ugly win is better than a well played loss.

-insert signature here-
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:08 PM

LeChevalierdeBalibari Woo who?

The Chargers lost the game against the Broncos (thanks to the referee...)
By the way, GO TITANS! THE DOOR IS WIDE OPEN!
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Hate to quote myself... who am I kidding I like to listen to mysef read... What?

Anyway, yes only two games in, but I wasn't all that far off in how I thought this game could/would go. I think if Cassel and the offense had a bit more experience togther then this could have been a blowout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post

GO COLTS!
I think the Colts were very fortunate to escape Minnesota with a win. Eh, an ugly win is better than a well played loss.

Ugly win? No such thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV