Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 31st, 2008, 01:33 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Tempered Flares. 1 MH + 1 TJ + 2 VW
Glyphs: Brandar x2
More than just magma had risen through the fissure. Just as the boiling pools were threatening to consume the area, some invisible agent had surfaced, imbuing the vegetation with an unnatural resilience. The fauna was now not only surviving, but improbably thriving in puddles of molten lava. Two mysterious objects had been permeated as well, and now lay unscorched atop the lava field. Individually, the glyphs were mere curiosities; together, however, they could be used to harness this newfound power.
While one army simultaneously controls both Glyphs of Brandar, all figures in that army are Lava Resistant - they do not roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and they do not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

For a more conventional setup, remove the Glyphs of Brandar and place one random glyph in the center of the map.

Last edited by GameBear; July 31st, 2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:34 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 07/31/08

The link is to Ticalla Sunrise and at least where I am, it's still the 30th.

EDIT: Got to it by looking through all your Gallery submissions, I like how you limit the effects of the jungle foliage by placing molten lava next to it. I looks awesome, but I'll have to wait until I get another VW to build it.

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; July 31st, 2008 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Typos and actually saw the map.
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:46 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post
More than just magma had risen through the fissure. Just as the boiling pools were threatening to consume the area, some invisible agent had surfaced, imbuing the vegetation with an unnatural resilience. The fauna was now not only surviving, but improbably thriving in puddles of molten lava. Two mysterious objects had been permeated as well, and now lay unscorched atop the lava field. Individually, the glyphs were mere curiosities; together, however, they could be used to harness this newfound power.
While one army simultaneously controls both Glyphs of Brandar, all figures in that army are Lava Resistant - they do not roll for molten lava damage or lava field damage and they do not have to stop on molten lava spaces.

For a more conventional setup, remove the Glyphs of Brandar and place one random glyph in the center of the map.
Being a big fan of HopScorch by Elstree, I think this map is going to be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to testing it out later this week.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

I want to try out boiling point in my next battle. I'm beginning to love lava in maps. I also like the variety of terrain used in tempered flares.

Last edited by elf326; July 31st, 2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: addition
Old September 1st, 2008, 02:15 AM
The Silent Cartographer

GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness GameBear wears ripped pants of awesomeness
New map: Sidewinder. 1 MS + 1 TT
Glyphs: 2 random

Water is often used on Heroscape maps to steer traffic in other directions. On this map, I tried to create a strong incentive for figures to cross the water rather than avoid it.

Sidewinder is specifically designed for heavy snow and normal ice; alternate snow and ice rules are discouraged on this particular map.
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:34 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: GameBear's Maps - New Map 09/01/08

Sidewinder is pretty damn sweet, Gamebear. Nice work. I have been working on an ice map that uses a similar idea (water right next to start zone that you want to cross). I really dig the efficiency of the terrain here.
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:21 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My favorites are snow angler and cypriens cave. Neat looking maps, Love the usage of Ice in snow angler especially.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:27 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Nice looking map (as always)! It's on my list to try when I get some time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome map, Gamebear! I truly do see an incentive to cross the water there - quick access to any glyph is worth waiting on water. Great job as always!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice map. Also, congratgulations on having 3 BoV maps!
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBear View Post

I've played this one first hand, and must say it's a great one. This map really punishes ranged units!!!!!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:57 PM
The Silent Cartographer

New map: Marpesia's Glory. 1 SM + 1 FA + 1 TJ
Glyphs: 1 random

Placing palm trees adjacent to castle walls appears to offer some nice benefits: in theory, the palm tree canopies prevent figures from standing on top of the castle walls, while the walls improve LOS-blocking and reduce the effect of the trees.

In practice this does work, but is a bit more gimmicky than I would like. Using a tree to block off a single hex is reasonably straightforward; using one tree to block off two hexes requires a bit of manipulation.

The tops of the castle walls are off-limits on this map; although this can be achieved through careful positioning of the terrain, I have decided to make this rule explicit to avoid any ambiguity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios