Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM

Chico Misterioso is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Dragons: Pros and Cons

I have all 5 dragons (still dying to get my hands on Zelrig) and my favorite by far is Charos with Nilfheim in close second. Charos' huge life, good def. and counterstrike make him unstoppable if you can get him in the middle of your opponent's army, which should be a peice of cake with 9 life, flying, and counterstrike. Nilfheim is very good against a squad army because with 4 def. and 6 life he can last long enough for his ice shards to shred 1 life characters from a distance. Su-Bak-Na is my third favorite, but should only be used to target and destroy specifc and most likely annoying figures (Raelin, Kelda, Taelord, Kato Katsuro, to name a few), because sending him against squads is a waist of points; his weak def. and 5 life will get torched by any decent squad. Braxas comes in 4th. 8 life looks great on the army card, but with only 4 def. to back it up, 210 points is big gamble. Acid breath is cool, but I always seem to get the wrong roll on the d20, and in the thick of the fight Braxas will go down fast, because your opponent will probably target her with heroes and butcher her 4 def. Mimring is by far the worst. With the introduction of the other dragons Mimring was overshadowed, and for good reason. With only 3 def. and 5 life any average hero is more than a match for Mimring. He does have his reedeming qualities, however. Fire Line Special is very good, that is if your opponent lines up his entire army in a straight line in front of you. He does only cost 150 points, however and can easiy fit into a small army.

"Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence." -Dinobot (Beast Wars)

Last edited by Chico Misterioso; August 13th, 2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: I messed up on Braxas' and Mimring's stats
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:44 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Welcome, and Mimring is 150 points.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

The other thing about Mimring is that he's a Beast, which means that Arrow Gruts can bond with him. He's still a little flimsy, but that synergy is very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:09 AM

Chico Misterioso is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Welcome, and Mimring is 150 points.
Oops, sorry about that. I've been out of town for a couple of months and havent played since June.

"Tell my tale to those who ask it. Tell it truly, the evil deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence." -Dinobot (Beast Wars)
Old August 14th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, if I had to pick a favorite dragon, it would be Charos. With his stats and his valiant personality he goes very well with my favorite army type (4th Mass, KoW, Gilbert/Denrick) in large games for hero killing. However, only being able to attack one figure a turn is a HUGE downfall for a 210 point price tag.

The best all around dragon is (in many people's opinion) Nilfheim. His special can tear through squads and 6 attack will leave a mark on any hero. I can only find 2 problems with him. The first is his wings, makes it difficult for him to sit in tight places. The second though is that darned 4 defense. 4 defense dice for a squad figure is great, but for a 185 hero, especially a dragon, just seems to be a weakness that many hero killers can capitalize on. I know its happened to me and I've done it to others several times.

However, Zelrig has earned my respect lately. His ability to wipe out squads is rivaled by very few, but again that 4 defense seems to fall short. I can live with the 4 attack dice because of his amazing special ability.

Mimring is also trying to win his way back into my heart. 150 points, 8 range 4 attack is nothing to sneeze at. Again, defense is a little low but manageable since he'll most likely be 8 spaces away from a fight anyway.

The other two dragons, Su-Bak-Na and Braxas have never really done anything overly impressive for me or to me. The both die before the even come close to killing their points worth, or in Su-Bak-Na's case helping kill their points worth. And again, low defense.

So, in case you couldn't tell, my biggest beef with the dragons (except for Charos) is their low defense. I just think that a dragon should me much harder to kill too, I'd pay an extra 10 points or whatever it would cost for an extra defense die on all my dragons. But that's just me.

Sorry for the long post, may be a bit repetitive of what's all ready been said...
Old August 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Su-Bak-Na's worked well for me as a Hive guardian. His low defense is too flimsy to warrant taking him into battle, but his high attack makes him good at taking out anyone who comes near in an attempt to attack the Hive. Plus that way I can use his die bonus more, as he actually lives long enough to make it useful.

(This is in a 1000 point army; I couldn't justify leaving him to guard the Hive in a 500 point build).
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It seems odd to me that most have mentioned Charos as the favorite, and rarely does anyone say much about Braxas.

In my experience (which is limited, I admit), the biggest downfall of Charos is his limited range and movement. Against an army with range, his counterstrike will have little affect...plus the 210 tag is a bit much for 500 point games.

On the other hand, Braxas (also 210) at least has a special attack with a range of 4. The trade off is one less life and 2 less defense, but the ability to wipe out a squad in one turn without having to be engaged is impressive to me.

Oh, and because of his poor history, Mimring has earned the title of "Mimring the Pansy" in our games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles