Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fire Line + Explosion = Pest Control

Certain figures have powers or Special Attacks that are affected by your opponent's figures' positions. The most obvious would be the explosion-type attack, i.e. Shotgun or Majestic Fires. There's another Special Attack that effectively relies on your opponent's positioning: Mimring's Fire Line. Now how would an army including Mimring and Zelrig work?

Your opponent knows better than to keep his figures adjacent because of Zelrig, but the process of spacing these figures out could very well leave them vulnerable to a Fire Line.

If nothing else, using Mimring alongside a figure with an explosion attack would at least control your opponent's movement. As I've always said, the action that your opponent does NOT want you to make is definitely a good move and possibly the best move you could make. This line of thinking may be applicable, since you're dictating where your opponent may safely position his figures.

This is all speculatory right now - maybe some of you have had some experience with this type of situation. Comments?

Last edited by Soul Shackle; July 14th, 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: changed title
Old July 14th, 2008, 02:11 PM

DualReaver Woo who?
Re: Fire Line + Explosion = Paralysis?

One of my opponents did that to me once, way back in the beggining of the game. Deathwalker 9k made me keep them apart, and then my opponent only used Mimring's Fire Line to keep me from getting to good areas or escaping, i.e. the high ground.

It was actually good, but there's not much else you can do but use those two once it starts. My opponent tried to move someone else to help out, and I managed to get a squad of figures engaged with 9k, making his power useless, since it hurts him too.

One of us will be dead by the time you can touch me.
And trust me, the odds aren't in your favor.
Old July 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Beauty and the Beast
150 Mimring
100 Jordawn
80 Emiroon
50 Arkmer
20 Kyntella Gwyn
100 2x Warriors of Ashra
---
500 pts, 12 hexes

Burninators!
150 Mimring
120 Krug
25 Swog Rider
120 3 x Arrow Gruts
185 Zelrig
----
600 pts, 17 hexes

Shootout at the Caer Corral
150 Mimring
120 3x Arrow Gruts
50 2x Swog Rider
75 James Murphy
---
395 pts, 16 hexes
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:04 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Shackle, this really sounds like well-conceived tag-team. In the past, I've perpetrated a shutout with a Braxas/Nilfheim combo (yes, in a 500 pt army. I was feeling extravagant). I hope this is another winning dragon team- it certainly brings enough fire to the battle.

My only concern with this pair would be stat-heavy uniques. Anything with decent stats that aren't affected by Majestic Fires will give this duo a problem. Drake and the Kozuke come to mind. Also, figures with dangerous Special Abilities, like Sujoah's Poison Sting, could be a problem. Anything that hits fast and hard could cripple this pair, especially since they aren't cheap.

But that's just me over-thinking your great idea. Counter-drafting comes later. This is a great start to a team that I would strongly consider naming "Pest Control."
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

I second the Pest Control name!

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old July 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fire Line + Explosion = Pest Control

In response to Velenne's thread about "quitting" when facing both the 4th Mass and the 10th Foot, (Sorry, don't know how to link to a thread), Rodriquez and I decided to test out that army.

Rodriquez fielded 2 or 3 squads of 4th Mass and 3 or 4 squads of 10th Foot (I don't recall the exact numbers). Anyways, in response to that I decided to use Mimring and Zelrig (plus Kaemon and the Zettians).

I intended to use Mimring first, followed by Zelrig, mainly because with 3 defense, I figured Mimring wouldn't last as long as Zelrig. In hindsight, I think I should've started with Zelrig, and then finished with Mimring. As it was, the WTF aspect of both of his units did me in. Rolling no defense for Mimring hurt too.

All that being said, it was a fun army to play, I just played it wrong. I maybe should've tag-teamed them. And the thing is, even though I lost, I still managed to toast all but 1 or 2 4th Mass and a couple squads of the 10th Foot. I realize the 4th / 10th was an extreme build, and we just wanted to test it out, but the Mimring / Zelrig combo didn't do bad - it just didn't do well. (At least in my hands against that particular army).

But it is a blast to play.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:47 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I got my first Master Set, I would team up DW9K and Mimring all the time for this sort of control.

I agree that any time you can influence your opponent's range of acceptable moves you are doing well.

Old July 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Basing this group off of a 500 point build, you're only left with 165 points to work with...hmmm

These are the complimenting combos that come to mind...

100 Krav Maga Agents
060 Zetacron

090 Crixus
075 James Murphy

120 Kaemon Awa
030 Eldgrim (glyph grabber)
010 Isamu

080 Arrow Gruts x2
025 Swog Rider
060 Zetacron

150 Major Q10
010 Isamu

150 Cyprien Esenwein
010 Isamu

All of these combos are decent with order markers and add to what the two fire dragons need, decent hero killers.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would also consider Arrow Gruts x2 Swog Rider x3 and Isamu. Though you don't have as much of a hero killer anywhere in that build. Still, it seems almost a shame to field Mimring without his complementary Arrow Gruts, and almost a shame to field Arrow Gruts with only one Swog Rider. But if I were going uber competitive I'd probably swap Zelrig out for Nilfheim anyway, and at that point we're abandoning the focus of this thread all together.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles